The Angel & The Manticore - 3k BA Day of Revelation

Nakuth

While trying to sort out ideas for a Blackshields force, I came up with the idea for this army. The fluff of House Orhlacc indicates they fought alongside the IX Legion during The Great Crusade, so the Knights would be in their colours.

I've tried to come up with a fun and fluffy list, using units that I like while still (hopefully) being effective. Thoughts, suggestions, critiques are all welcome, but please keep in mind this is not designed to be a competitive list.

Thanks

HQ

Praetor
- Blade of Perdition
- Inferno pistol
- Iron halo, jump pack

ELITES
Destroyer Squad
- 9 Destroyers, Sgt
- 2 Rad-missile launchers
- Phosphex bomb
- Jump packs

TROOPS
Assault Squad
- 14 SMs, Sgt
- 3 power weapons
- Power fist
- Artificer armour

Assault Squad
- 14 SMs, Sgt
- 3 power weapons
- Power fist
- Artificer armour

FAST
Javelin Squadron
- 2 Javelin Attack Speeders
- 2 Illiastus assault cannons

HEAVY
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
- 2 twin-linked volkite calivers
- Melta lance, grav-flux bombard
- Phosphex launchers, armoured ceramite
Kharybdis Assault Claw
- dedicated transport

HQ
Lord Scion
- Cerastus Knight-Acheron

TROOPS
Scion Martial
- Knight Crusader
- Icarus autocannon

I'm curious, why take a Kharydbis for your leviathan? It can take a DDP which is far cheaper, saves you a lot of pts for other stuff. I'd also throw some hunter killer missiles on those javelins, one turn of pumping out 4 s8 shots and 4 s6 rending is pretty solid. Other than that, I think your list looks good. Low on body count, but that's inevitable when you have 2 knights in your army. 

Thanks for your comments, Lord Asvaldir.

I chose the Kharybdis as I felt it was fluffy (I see the IX using almost exclusivly Dreadclaw drop pods and Kharybdis assault claws for any non-jump unit types during Day of Revelation, due to the whole fiery impact, etc, deal), and also because I thought that 10 BS4 S6 (or is it 5?) Pinning shots on the turn it arrives could help reduce any infantry fire the turn the Leviathan arrives. It could also give my assault squads a bit more of a chance to get that charge in if I'm able to pin key units.

At 3,500 points, I am considering reverting to a DDP for the Leviathan and using the Kharybdis as a delivery system for a Terminator squad.

I shall consider what to cut for the H-K missiles, although the unit does already put out 4 S8 shots (twin-linked) and 8 S6 Rending per turn.

Archived