False Flags - Legio XX

2gud2bbad

I can't tell you how much time money and frustration inwasted on picking my alpha scheme..... I mean I did an entire army green blue, accidentally found one. I liked better sold my old one and started over.

But I agree I love this scheme!

I say leave it....i think you have an amazing color going on. I love yours unlike mine yours are darker and grittier. I think you have an amazing thing going

I'd think so too. Also when comparing the guys to the artwork actually the lighter version appeared to be much nearer to the original than the really dark version which would rather fit Night Lords or even Ultra Marines that time.

I'd say they work just fine. How much of a difference is there between them and the other models?

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/WC58oW0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NdiIPLs.jpg

That weathering though <3

Colour me impressed. I love the diversity of Alpha Legion paint schemes that people have been doing.

Hehe, thanks. I'm still waiting for my pigments to add them to their legs although I could just dry-brush them. Nice to see other people supporting that battle-worn look of Space Marines. I don't link that super-heroesque appearance. Marines in 30k appear way more human than their 40k counterparts.

Looking great. I wouldn't change a thing, I think you're on a winner here.

edit: I know what it's like to feel like you've picked the 'wrong' colour scheme for your troops, and it sucks. If you're still unhappy, ust remember that the Alphas are noted as having followed several different schemes at various times (indigo/metallic blue being two of the most prominent) and that there's no reason why certain units which had seen combat more often might have much duller armour.

Plus your version just looks cooler, to be honest.

Thank you a lot! That means a lot of motivation to me.

Yeah I also thought that. I might as well just change up the color schemes within the army a bit because honestly i don't think that in "reality" they all used one coherent color for their suits.

I can't tell you how much time money and frustration inwasted on picking my alpha scheme..... I mean I did an entire army green blue, accidentally found one. I liked better sold my old one and started over.

But I agree I love this scheme!

Oh hey you again! Well that buyer must have been a happy manmsn-wink.gif

Having a crisis of faith in the color scheme seems to be a trend among Alpha Legion players. I have been there, and it has delayed my own project immensely (just 4 totally finished minis since Betrayal at Calth was released!)

I honestly think you have an awesome scheme, really fitting to the theme. Along with Betrayer41's, among my favorite Alpha Legion minis ever.

Having a crisis of faith in the color scheme seems to be a trend among Alpha Legion players. I have been there, and it has delayed my own project immensely (just 4 totally finished minis since Betrayal at Calth was released!)

I honestly think you have an awesome scheme, really fitting to the theme. Along with Betrayer41's, among my favorite Alpha Legion minis ever.

Wow really glad to hear that. Betrayer41's is the best one so far imo. 

Hmm that's bad. I think it helps just to  paint whatever you feel like at the moment. Who cares if one dude is lighter or darker. As long they follow one coherent scheme it's not important at all. Get nice bases, some battle damage and nobody cares whether you got some inconsistency within your army or not haha.

I say stick to the original definitely If you notice with the art work , yes it dark but there are a lot of bright spots and i think the newer ones would be too dark all around

Yeah you're right I noticed that too. I might just darken down the first scheme a little bit. Not the overall color but just darker recesses.

@topic

As I am continuing building my two squads if Tacticals I tried to create some more or less decent 3k lists for my Alpha Legion. I'd like to get your opinions and comments on those. Theme is a Drop Force deployed in the Istvaan V massacre. 

List I (Mutable tactic: Tankhunters)

HQ

Dynat (RoW: Orbital Assault) (joins the seekers)

Saboteur w/ AA (gets Deepstrike USR from Dynat)

Troops (all in regular Droppods)

10 Tacticals w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger 

10 Tacticals w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger

5 Tactial Support w/ Melta Guns

5 Tactial Support w/ Melta Guns

Elites (all in regular Dropppods)

10 Veterans w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger, Melta Bombs, 2 Melta guns (Sniper USR)

10 Veterans w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger, Melta Bombs, 2 Melta guns (Sniper USR)

10 Veterans w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger, 2 Plasma guns (Sniper USR)

10 Veterans w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Fist, Power Dagger, 2 Plasma guns (Sniper USR)

Fast Attack

9 Seekers w/ Sergeant w/ AA, Power Dagger, Plasma Pistol (lol fail), 8 Combi-Weapons

Heavy Support

Fire Raptor Gunship w/ AC, 4 Hellstrike Missiles, Reaper Autocannon batteries

= 3000 pts. That was my first draft ever and i'm not content at all with it. Sure it does have some Damage potential with the 2 support squads, seekers and the 2 Melta Veteran Squads coming in T1 but compared to the cost it's not really a lot of output given the amount of AC everywhere.

Any comments?

• 3 weeks later...

Got my first tactical squad finished and ready to shoot some loyalist scum in the back.

http://i.imgur.com/8blih6S.jpg

Now moving on to the second Squad, two support Squads and some terminatorsmsn-wink.gif

EDIT: lol should also finish that helmet in the front row

• 1 month later...

Really liking that metallic black/blue.

Picture-wise, I would recommend putting your mini's just off center (for single mini's, anyways). If you can grab a cheap lamp, set it up over your shoulder (so it won't cast your shadow) to help illuminate the central part (using the above picture as the example).

It also looks like you're shooting from an above angle. Have you tried shooting from dead-on, or even angled up towards the subject? Might be something to play with until you get something you're truly satisfied with.

Archived