Dreadnought (Fluff)

Luca Pacioli

Hi everyone,

I'm planning out a very large diorama of a lot of blood angels attacking via drop pod/aerial assault an Imperial world that has been infested with Slaaneshi Deamons & some Chaos Space Marines and would like to include a lot of dreadnoughts. Whilst the Blood Angels are renown for the Furioso pattern dreadnought (a fair few of which will be included) I was wondering if people had any other patterns that they felt fit the Blood Angels in terms of fluff (these models aren't for game play). So it doesn't matter if a weapon load out would be useless on the tabletop, if it's fluffy (especially in terms of effectiveness against Slaaneshi Deamons and in attacking defensive strong points) then I want to hear about it! Any examples of load out for;

-Normal Dreads

-Contemptor

-Leviathan

-Deredeo

Would be very much appreciated!

Luca

Cheers guys, will definitely see what I can do with a multimelta/powerfist one. That was a MKV if I remember? I was also wondering if things like an inferno cannon could be included? Are there any weapons that sound awesome in terms of fluff but rarely seen on the tabletop (eg Plasma Cannon, Heavy Bolter etc). What weapon load out for things like a deredeo would be most suitable? I've never played the game so I'm afraid I don't know the specifics of weapons and their situational appropriateness. These Dreads are going to be pretty ornate and ancient so are there any other weapon load outs that match the BA aesthetic along with the 'rule of cool?'

Thanks!

The deredeo would stick out like a sore thumb in a drop assault, it seems more for backfield support.

TBH, if it's more for the cool look, just add whatever the hell guns you like. If you equip the dreads with stuff not allowed on the tabletop, the display will have just a bit more, "wow, golly gee that's cool" factor, and will attract more attention. If you can make someone think "I wish I could field that unit on the table" then you're onto a winner in my eyes.

I'm thinking grav cannon, both arms with hurricane bolters, flamestorm cannons, siege drills, mortis pattern frag cannons (!) etc. 

For an on topic post, gamewise, there's a review of the options for our Dreadnoughts here if you are interested.

Personally, in addition the classic Dreadnought suggested, a frag cannon Furioso and/or a blood talon Death Company Dreadnought (perhaps painted as Cassor/Moriar) would work. Our Contemptors can also have blood talons, or frag cannon (seen conversions from the Contemptor multi-melta arm) and a fist and both of these could work. Perhaps a ruined Drop Pod/Lucius Pod somewhere on the display? As for the Leviathan, keep with the claw and drill combo.

Whilst a Deredeo has it's uses arriving by Drop Pod, it's not entirely fluffy...

Everyone falls - unless they give the Emperor their final gift first. Should also point out that Death Company aren't interred into Dreadnoughts.

True, but that doesn't mean a "normal" Blood Angel who was interred inside a Contemptor couldn't fall to the Black Rage and thereby become a Death Company Contemptor Dread.

They don't switch dread pilots who fall to the black rage into a special DC dreadnought, do they? I thought they just painted the dreadnought they were already inside black with red saltires. I'd have to re-read the codex fluff on DC Dreads to be sure.

You misunderstand me. I meant that DC troopers aren't interred. My everyone falls comment was in agreement that a Contemptor (or any other Dreadnought) will eventually "change" and when they do, they will be equipped accordingly.

Cheers Jolemai, one of the many furiosos is already done...

gallery_78612_10440_1737827.jpg

How legit would a death company contemptor dread be? Are marines interned in one dread only, or moved between them? If the later then couldn't a contemptor dread suffer from the rage too?

That is a gorgeous Contemptor!

Archived