Super-Heavies/Baneblades worth it?

Indefragable

Yea exactly, i have to use those 40 vets sparingly as bubble wrap. Generally 3 squads will be inside the storm lord and will jump out when the enemy gets close to first rank fire second rank fire and bubble wrap for as long as they can hold

I thought about running a hell hammer with a cult mechanicus force, mostly for a Tech Priest Dominus. Have him stand by the tank with the uncreator gauntlet and have him heal the superheavy every turn with master of machines and the gauntlet (so like, a possible 7HP a turn if your super lucky) to keep that sucker alive. granted, the Gauntlet could also kinda screw you if you roll a one (opponent gets to pick wether you remove or add a hull point) but the reward seems to outweigh the risk. all you need is 300pts extra for a small allied detachment.

How does the Uncreator work?

Basically in the fight phase you use it on a friendly vehicle, and roll a D6.

On a 1, your opponent gets to choose wether you lose or give a hull point

on a 2-3, you choose wether you lose or repair a hull point

on a 4-5, you choose to repair or lose d3 hullpoints

on a 6 you can repair or take d6 hull points.

So a little less than I originally thought, but still quite good at keeping your stuff alive. at the very least you will repair 2 HP a turn with this guy between the master of machines and gauntlet

SHs are just as vulnerable to assault, so you can easily lose it in a single phase against the wrong opponents (such as that Paladin squad all carrying meltabombs I faced...). That's what the rest of your army is there to prevent though and worst comes to it you can at least hope that the assaulting enemy are killed in the resulting explosion :lol:

SHs are just as vulnerable to assault, so you can easily lose it in a single phase against the wrong opponents (such as that Paladin squad all carrying meltabombs I faced...). That's what the rest of your army is there to prevent though and worst comes to it you can at least hope that the assaulting enemy are killed in the resulting explosion laugh.png

Yea. Reminds me of the Napoleon quote: "there are no bad regiments....just bad Colonels."

"That's what the rest of your army is for." So true. It's not JUST list building and finding the best possible units...there's the whole strategy and tactics thing a well :)

Actually, on a one, master of machines will offset the HP that your opponent makes you lose...right?

Kinda? Master of machines is first in the shooting phase so you can't repair it immidiatly after you roll an uncreator one.

Also I just realized if you do this right you can use it as a self destruct button by taking hull points instead of giving it.

"Oh, I'm surrounded by tyranids but still in BSB with the baneblade that is only on one hull point with no other way it can deal damage, and it will probably die in the next turn...Screw it" *KABOOM*

Actually, on a one, master of machines will offset the HP that your opponent makes you lose...right?

Kinda? Master of machines is first in the shooting phase so you can't repair it immidiatly after you roll an uncreator one.

Also I just realized if you do this right you can use it as a self destruct button by taking hull points instead of giving it.

"Oh, I'm surrounded by tyranids but still in BSB with the baneblade that is only on one hull point with no other way it can deal damage, and it will probably die in the next turn...Screw it" *KABOOM*

Yes, but if you are already missing a HP, you use MoM to fix it, then uncreator rolls a one and you're right back where you started, MoM and uncreator did offset, right?

If you aren't missing any HP, you simply don't use MoM or uncreator, right?

Yes, but if you are already missing a HP, you use MoM to fix it, then uncreator rolls a one and you're right back where you started, MoM and uncreator did offset, right?

If you aren't missing any HP, you simply don't use MoM or uncreator, right?

Yea, you hit the nail on the head with that one. And pretty much if the tank is good have him fire his awesome guns at something. he can still shoot one of his weapons while using MoM, but not both.

Archived