Pre ETL Fun: Who is Cypher? Build comp, Winner announced!

Dantay VI

One thing that bugs me about the Cypher mini, the supposed lion sword will look like a penknife compared to a primarch now (and the Wolf helm of Russ would be like a skullcap).

Maverik. I am relishing being able to see what you have up your sleeve!

gallery_24878_5750_72955.jpg

my submission...

gallery_24878_5750_35831.jpg

I'm gonna give him original black armour with subtle green highlights, gold trims on the decor, white/ivory on the robe...

I am thinking about using Zameon Gydrael from the Deatwatch set, but converting him a bit. The blade and the plamsa gun, the cowl covering half his face, the robes, and the DA iconography. He really won't need much conversion overall i think. Would that be a valid mini to use for pledging Cypher?

Now I may be half dazed from Amon Amarth yesterday...

I get to see them May 17th in Seattle! It'll be my second time seeing them, I'm so pumped!

And Maverik, stellar work as always! That is looking very good!

I am thinking about using Zameon Gydrael from the Deatwatch set, but converting him a bit. The blade and the plamsa gun, the cowl covering half his face, the robes, and the DA iconography. He really won't need much conversion overall i think. Would that be a valid mini to use for pledging Cypher?

I'm not sure if you mean for the ETL but as long as it is readily recognizable as Cypher (i.e. a DA with a bolt pistol, a plasma pistol and a large sheathed sword) it's fine for ETL purposes.:)

Now I may be half dazed from Amon Amarth yesterday...

I get to see them May 17th in Seattle! It'll be my second time seeing them, I'm so pumped!

And Maverik, stellar work as always! That is looking very good!

Not to get too far off topic (Im a mod and all, Im supposed to be well behaved) it was my second time seeing them as well. 

Enjoy the show, I actually enjoyed it more than the Deceiver show I went to back in 2014 

Well I've converted mine. Used the chaplain from B@C, a hooded SM head, sliced the arm off a bloodclaw holding a bolt pistol and the sword is the one from the B@C kit with the hand replaced by the end of a stave from a PA Grey Knight kit.

gallery_25187_11901_91712.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_51014.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_38839.jpg

Here is my Cypher so far. Still need to make a scabbard for the Lion Sword, but it should be ready for paint after that.http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/Mobile%20Uploads/20160420_215315_zpsqxqcjfio.jpg

I think the statue under his foot is a nice touch for our dress wearing brethren.

Great idea for a challenge. I'm just bummed my Cypher is already built :/

Is it painted?

If not you can use it to pledge in the ETL this year. ;)

Great idea for a challenge. I'm just bummed my Cypher is already built :/

Is it painted?

If not you can use it to pledge in the ETL this year. ;)

Build two. Pledge both :lol:

Oops. Ignore that. Pledge less. Dammit why am I trynna convince the enemy to pledge more -.-

Archived