The Blood Revenants (WIP): 1k list help

Damon Nightman

Thanks Ark!

Next up are some tactical terminators using the normal kit. I'm leaning towards painting them gold, as well. My entire OIF would be gold in this case, which I think would look pretty nice on the table. Other option would be my normal 1st company scheme of red armor and white helms.

Should I do them all gold or just leave the gold for the older/rarer terminators?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm about to start painting some more termies.

Question: how does the gold armor, red under armor?, and white helm look on my last termies? Should be s page back, but I can repost pics later. The white helm signifies them being part of the 1st co, but I'm not sure it "works" or looks especially great with the gold and red armor... any thoughts? Should I get rid of the white helms or maybe the red underneath the gold armor? Or does it look fine like that and I should stop making things difficult?

Edit: also had my first game with the OIF, hopefully will be able to post pics of the game later. It went very well for me!

Edited by Brother Lemartes

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slacking here.... need to get that battle report up! I'll do a quick intro here and add picks and more details when I get home later.

Good news: the OIF worked out wonderfully! I ended up picking up a discounted box of termies on Amazon after so now i have wayyy too many termies.... 15 assault, 5 tactical, and hopefully can magnetize the last 5 to be tacs or assault. What sucks is that I have 3x5 man assault units all with different termie armor, so I can't make a 10 man squad without it looking weird... oh well...

So game vs Grey Knights

My list roughly was:

- DCSF:

- 1 DCC

- 1 DC dread in pod

- 5 DC, PF, drop pod

- 6 DC, PF, Jps

- 5DC, PF, JPs

-OIF:

- 5 Th/SS

- 3 LC, 2 TH/SS

- 5 tactical with Asscan

-CAD

- Karl

- Cassor in pod

- Scouts with homer

Grey Knights (going from memory and no idea the names of their squads)

- Storm Raven with 10 termie guys in it

- 5 man squad of regular power armored guys with 2 HFs

- 2 Dreadknights

- 5 or 6 man termie squad that had 2 wounds each

- HQ guy that went with the 2 wound guys

- possibly another 10 man termie squad? (Hard to remember, you'll see why when the full report is posted...)

I got first turn and started with the two DC squads with jump packs, DCC, and scouts on the board. He started with the power armored guys and the 2 dreadknights on the board. We played Emperor's Will I believe (each of us had 1 objective in our zone).

My scouts infiltrated or whatever up the left side to get the homer in a good spot, the DC squads stormed up the middle of the field, and I dropped both dreads in, one in front of each dreadknight (not a good idea).

I shot with what I could, but didn't do any damage...

His turn: he moved the dreadknights next to my dreads to get ready to charge while the powered armor dudes stayed put near his own objective. He terleported in the 2 wound termie guys with one or two HQ guys? Near my objective, next to my D.C. Squad with DCC. He forgot to port in another squad I believe (he forgets rules frequently since he switches armies a lot..)

Dreadknights unloaded on my dreads and the one killed Cassor. The other dread survived the shooting but got wrecked in CC against the dreadknight (which I should have seen coming). The dreadknight that killed Cassor tried to charge my poor scouts, but failed! My scouts put a wound on him during overwatch too!

Turn 2 coming soon!

I'm bored at work so I'll just finish this now and edit everything/add pics later...

Turn two:

I dropped in my other 5 man D.C. Squad, and the OIF came in! Since my drop pods and scouts were spread out pretty well, I could put my termies pretty much anywhere I wanted. Squad with all TH/SS landed next to the not wounded dreadknight, the other assault squad next to the power armored guys, and the tactical squad with Karl next to his 2wound termies and HQ. The 5 man D.C. Squad with JPs got next to the wounded dreadknight hoping to finish it off with the help of my scouts. Other D.C. Squad with Chap got in position to charge the 2wound termies.

My shooty termies unloaded on the 2 wounders and only did 3 wounds (maybe that math hammers out right?), and the DCC melted one with his inferno pistol.

The scouts charged the dreadknight and are the overwatch for the D.C. Squad near them. The scouts ended up putting two more wounds on the knight in CC! His knight killed 3 DC, but the PF guy finished off the last wound on the knight!

The hybrid assault termie squad charged the power armored guys and annihilated them with ease. The Th/SS guys charged the dreadknight, lost two guys and did zero wounds... (sounds about right for a squad I just painted and was excited to use). The DCC and squad charged his HQ and termie squad and wiped the floor with them.

And that was the end of the game! My opponent conceded, thinking he had no way to win at this point (I think he still had a shot). So I forgot what else he had really because it never actually came on the table...

Edit: So it wouldn't let me upload most of the pics for some reason, but here is  turn 2 before combat:

IMG 0815

IMG 0816

After:

IMG 0817

Edited by Brother Lemartes

No problem. But i stumbled over this thought no never :teehee:.

No that i´v thought about storm ravens im in eager to play my angels fury. Hope that i can test it end of next month.  ^^

I can understand when opponents whiff if they don´t see a win on the horizon. At some point it is only beating the dead horse.

The main point is that both should have fun playing a game to the end. If my opponent is upset as he see the game lost i´ve no problem calling the game.

Do you want to play this list a long time or are you a list hopper like me? ^^ (Cant play two games in a row with the same list)

I usually will use the same list around 3-5 times before I change too much. I really enjoyed the short time I spent with this list, so I'll probably use it for awhile. I like how aggressive it is. 

I was thinking of maybe running it as a LBSF with OIF as the AUX. I'd need to find room for another DCC. I would probably remove Cassor and change the CAD to a FTSF. Both DCCs would be given teleport homers since they will be up the field pretty fast with the bonus move. I was really missing the Red Thirst against the Grey Knights and their power weapons with the DC... 

• 2 weeks later...