The Blood Revenants (WIP): 1k list help

Damon Nightman

• 3 weeks later...
Well this is technically the personal transport for my Cataphractii Capt, Maekar (The Anvil), and his DC and/or termie entourage. Maekar abandoned his role as 1st co capt after his brother, Baelor The Hammer, fell to the rage and joined the DC. Though he does not suffer/benefit from the rage himself, Maekar insists on leading the DC along side the Blood Revenant chaplains. Maekar brought his termie honor guard and land raider with him when he joined the DC or what I may call "The Obsidian Cohort" for my chapter. Edited by Brother Lemartes

Well this is technically the personal transport for my Cataphractii Capt, Maekar (The Anvil), and his DC and/or termie entourage. Maekar abandoned his role as 1st co capt after his brother, Baelor The Hammer, fell to the rage and joined the DC.

I recognize the names from The Hedge Knight. Are you a fan of George R. R. Martin's work? Will an Imperial Knight named "Duncan" join your army as an ally?

Big fan! I plan on using targaryen (and blackfyre) names for most of my guys. I'm trying not to use the most obvious ones from the show though.

I did not think of naming anyone after Duncan, but I have to now that you gave me the idea! He is probably my favorite character in all the GRRM stuff. What kind of knight do you think would best represent Sir Duncan the tall? What loadout?

Edited by Brother Lemartes

I feel a Knight Gallant best represents Lord Commander Duncan, the thunderstrike gauntlet and reaper chainsword being mechanical equivalents to weapons he's most skilled in using. He should also have a carapace-mounted twin autocannon to defend him from enemy flyers.

My inner Iron Hand, however, insists on kitbashing an Imperial Knight's frame with a Stormhawk interceptor' s wings, engines, infernum halo-launcher, and weapons to create a "Space Knight" capable of deep striking from orbit. I doubt the Targaryens (with the possible exception of Aegon the Unlikely) will be pleased with the proposal.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

That would fit Dunk the lunk perfectly! Too bad my Gallant is already modeled as a DC Knight. Do you think a Knight Valiant would fit well enough? I have one sitting around in it's box still. Alternatively, I will use a "normal" knight chassis and magnetize the arms to include most possible loadouts.

I'm really getting excited thinking about trying to freehand his sigil. I'm thinking maybe a mostly white with gold accents (to represent the king's guard colors) Kinght Valiant or magnetized Warden.

The deep striking knight sounds amazing. I hope you do it one day. I want to see it!

Also, I decided to start some freehand work at 3am:

20190126 032536 resized

I'm surprised the Death Company would be entrusted with an entire Land Raider. It's all too easy to picture the Death Company Marines abandoning the precious vehicle in their haste to reach their foes, leaving it to be destroyed in a subsequent artillery barrage- or worse, LOOTED.

The Landraider would still be driven by a regular Techmarine like any other Marine vehicle lol

Battle report time!

Edit: The pictures aren't great!

2000pts

Blood Revenants

2 Battalions:

HQ

-Lemartes

-Sanguinor

-Lieutenant

-Lieutenant w/ JP, Fist, Hand Flamer

Troops

-5xTac Squad w/ Dual Hand Flamers & Heavy Flamer

-5xTac Squad w/ Melta Pistol & Melta

-5xTac Squad w/ Storm Bolter & Heavy Bolter

-5xScouts CCWs

-5xScouts CCWs & Power Sword

-7xScouts CCWs & Power Sword

Elites:

-Furioso w/ Fragcannon & Storm Bolter

-Furioso w/ Fragcannon & Storm Bolter

-DCD w/ Talons, Melta, & Storm Bolter

-8xDC w/ JPs, 2xFists

-8xDC w/ JPs, Fist, Power Sword

Heavy Support:

-Flamestorm Baal Pred

-Dakka Baal Pred

Transport:

-Razorback w/ Twin plasma & Lascannon

Space Wolves (not exactly accurate)

Supreme Command & Battalion

HQ:

-Wolf Priest w/ JP

-Wolf Priest w/ Bike

-Lord w/ Wolf, Hammer, Relic Storm Bolter

-Battle Leader w/ JP, Shield, Hammer, Wulfen Stone Relic

-Battle Leader w/ JP, Shield, Hammer

- Canis Wolf Guy Man

Troops:

-5xGrey Hunters

-5xGrey Hunters

-5xGrey Hunters

Fast Attack:

-15xBig Wolves

-15xBig Wolves

-10xBig Wolves

Elites:

5xWulfen

5xWulfen

Heavy support:

-6xLong Fangs w/ Termie, 5xMissle Launchers

Mission:

Narrow the Search (Chapter Approved)

-1 objective in the middle of the map. Whoever has more models within 18 inches gets a point at the end of the battle round. The area shrinks 3 inches after every battle round. Null zone within 12 inches of the objective.

-Fist Strike

-Slay the Warlord

-Line Breaker

I ended up deploying and going first. I deployed everything on the field all bunched up in the middle for the most part. I had a scout squad way up on each flank, but I kept the 7 man squad back a little further.

Deployment pics

B1

B2

B3

B5

Turn 1

I move everything up for the most part besides my Heavy Bolter Tac Squad and Las/Plas Razorback. I keep my flamer Tac Squad up front to block any charges on my DC/Baal Pred. I move a furisoso up on the right side behind my scouts. The Flamestorm Pred went around the left behind the other scouts. I purposefully over extended the Flamestorm to draw a charge. I know this opponent doesn't like 9in charges even with rerolls, so overwatch is a good possibility.

I fire as much shooting as I can into the Long Fangs (I hate them) and take them down to two models. Three mortal wounds right away from the Hellfire shells destroyed the Termie with storm shield tanking for them. I was hoping I could take out the whole squad, but it was enough. The rest of my shooting softened up the fenrisian wolves out front, which were about to be charged by my scouts. I thought I could charge two separate fenrisian wolf squads with the scouts and ended up missing out on First Strike. I actually gave him First Strike... The wolves are nasty when buffed by a bunch of HQs.

Pics

B7

B8

B9

He advanced the wolves right up in front of my Flamer Squad instead of trying to charge with them. Most of his models moved to try and get to the objective. The only charge he went for was a Wulfen squad on the Flamestorm pred. One dead wulfen from overwatch and he failed to destroy the Pred (2 wounds left). He hit the furioso in the middle with the Long Fangs doing some damage. Also, he took out a DC marine with his shooting.

B10

Revenants get 1 point for the objective

Wolves get 1 point for First Strike

Turn 2

I back my Flamestorm Pred up the 3 inches it can move now away from the Wulfen. The rest of my army inches up as best they can while 1 DC squad and Lemartes jump between the Fenrisian Wolves and Wulfen squad. Heavy Bolter Tac squad stayed put. The Furioso on the right moved up to get revenge for the scouts:

battle 3

battle 4

battle 5

battle 6

I unloaded almost everything I had into the Wulfen on my left flank. We forgot about the Null Zone, so the storm shield tanked most of the shooting before we realized. He ended up forgetting about FNP for most of the game so I guess it balanced out in the end. Eventually, the wulfen and the fenrisian wolves out front were no more. This left room for my DC to charge his warlord (Lady Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf). She survived with 1 wound left. I rolled three 1s on PF damage. Even rerolled with a command point for another 1... The DC squad was annilated by the Wolf Lord before the other HQs intervening had chance. Meanwhile, the Furioso on the right took the Fenrisian Wolves down to 3 models after shooting and foolishly charged to die to a heroic intervention (6 inch heroic intervention is crazy). The last three wolves died from battleshock shortly after...

battle 1

battle 2

B19

B20

The remaining Long Fang finishes off the last Furioso. The wolf priest heals the Lord for 3 wounds. He moves one battle leader up my right flank past my melta Tac Squad hidden in the building, charges Lemartes with the last Wulfen squad, and moves Canis with the other battle leader up to charge my DCD. The wolf priest heals the Lord for 3 wounds. He charges the DCD with the Battle Leader first, the melta hits and wounds and becasue of Null Zone there is no save. I roll a 6 and 5 for damage. Battle leader down! The rest of the charges are successful

B21

B22

Lemartes goes down to the Wulfen, but takes 3 down with him after I pop the strat to fight after dying. I'm not sure if we did the next part right, but he consolidated into my Flamer Squad which I believe allowed me to attack his wulfen with them. They kill the last 2 Wulfen and the Wulfen fight back with their special rule killing the Flamer Squad besides the Heavy Flamer. Canis does a wound or 2 to the DCD and the DCD whiffs a bit only doing 3 damage to Canis.

Turn 3

I move the DC, Sanguinor, and LT w/ JP up to take out the Lord and Priest out in front. Scout squad moves into the building to help the Melta Squad out with the Battle Leader lurking in there. I am able to take out a few more fenrisian wolves, some grey hunters, and his priest with shooting. The DC charged the Lord and finally took her down. The DCD tore Canis to shreds. His last Battle Leader used Heroic Intervention after my charges to attack the Melta squad and took them out.

B23

B24

B25

B26

B27

The Lone Wolf Long Fang takes out the Flamestorm pred finally. The Heavy Flamer and last couple DC go down to shooting. His Battle Leader goes after the last scout squad and smashes a few of them.

Revenants get 1 point for Slay the Warlord and 1 point for the objective

Turn 4

I move Sanguinor up to take out one of the remaining grey hunter squads and move the DCD to take out the other. The last Fenrisian wolves go down to shooting from the Baal Pred and Heavy Bolter squad still holding it down in the back. The on foot Lt. moves closer to the objective.

B29

Sanguinor takes out the grey hunters with ease, but the DCD struggled a bit. The Battle Leader takes down the last scouts.

His turn he uses his Battle Leader to gank Sanguinor. The Lt. w/ JP gets a rocket to the face from the Long Fang.

Space Wovles get 1 point for Slay the Warlord

Turn 5

My Lt. raises his MC Bolter and puts a round in the Battle Leader's back. We end the game there.

Revenats get 1 point for the objective

Final Score

Revenants: 6

Space Wolves: 3

Thank you everyone! I updated my battle report!

Very nice freehand!

Super keen to hear how the Flamer Baal did :wink:

Are the "big wolves" just the fenrysian wolves?

Yeah I was being cute or something.

I use the Flamer Pred most games mainly because I touched it up a few months ago and it's just awesome. It never achieves too much, but the main guy I play with is terrified of them for some reason and always takes it out quick. He's always been scared of DCDs and Furiosos too