The Blood Revenants (WIP): 1k list help

Damon Nightman

vow 1 complete! I was trying to upload more pics but it's saying file size too big? Not doing anything different with these pics. I'll try more tomorrow

Don't-Be-Haten, don't expect too much from him. i'm just using the parts i have left. Used up a lot of my blinged legs for other guys. Also, not sure if i should use SG chest or not. I want to try and save them for actually arty armored guys and don't think the sculpted look will fit with the MKIII arms and chainsword i'm using. 

Edited by Brother Lemartes

I was thinking either a stern guard chest, or a sanguinary guard/tactical sergeant chest with the lunging legs from either the Death Company bits or the assault marines box with an eviscerator.

I've used up a lot of my good bits, so I hope I can do him justice.

Since I'm using mkIII arms, I don't think I can use a SG chest. I just don't think the sculpted look matched the armory? Look of mkIII. So that rules out all those chests.

The chest with the chalice in the front from our tac box is what in planning on using since I think it matches the mkIII pretty nicely, but don't think the chalice fits with Seth. Also this chest doesn't fit for the pose I want with the DC legs I picked out. Too much blind is hindering the positioning.

Other option is to use legs from the tac box, but they aren't very animated. Decisions...

Nice suggestion, I didn't think of that, but I've bought a lot recently and want to hold off for now on buying anything else. I've heard the zerker box has some good bits though.

I'll try and post pics tonight of my ideas

Awesome! And they are great bits! I just wish they didn't have all the Khorne bits on them. I love the torsos and legs of the zerkers!

this is what i'm thinking for seth roughly

I would like for him to not just be facing forward, but the way the chest/legs are, i can't have him like about to swing (moving his body to his right more), but the first pic i tried to make to look like he's in the middle of cleaving someone, but it kinda looks like he's stabbing with it instead. 

Edit: Anyone know how/if i can rotate the seth images in B&C here or do i need to re upload fixed ones?

Also, getting ready for vow 2

Going to be a 10 man squad with heavy flamer, melta gun, 2x inferno pistols on sgt. 190pts

DC Dred Blood talons melta gun/heavyflamer, magna grapel 145 pts. 

Anyone know what it takes for the ETL to count a sgt as a veteran? could i just do an extra stripe on the helm?

Veteran status is an 'on your honour' type thing, I think. What do veterans in your chapter have that differentiates them visually from the rest? Mine have silver helms, so everyone with a silver helm is a veteran. The white stripe is a solid idea, I think.

Cool thanks for the help. I'm still deciding on my veteran colors.

I'm thinking gold stripe on helm for Sgt., full gold helm for veteran Sgt. With VV vets having white helms with the VV Sgt. Having a full gold or more gold trim on white helm.

I think that would work, look good, and be easily differentiated by my opponents.

Well it depends how traditional BA you are going.

For BA a Veteran in general is gold helm and we have no true sergeant markings (at least, off the top of my head!)

Personally I'd say a white helm is a nice opposition for a sergeant and a gold stripe on this could represent a vet sarge. It would offset quite nicely with your otherwise dark scheme :)

I think I'm gonna save white for VVs and SG to make them more unique I guess in my army. I'm just gonna stick with gold stripe on helm for Sgt and full gold helm for the vet sgts, I've already painted a couple sgts that way anyway. I think that will differentiate them enough...

I appreciate the input though!

Thanks man! I'm still not sure if I should do black hands or elbows or both, so I just left them both red for now. I honestly think they look fine this way, but will eventually look into adding in more black.

I'm thinking of doing my DC dread in all white. Mainly because he was primed with white, but also thought I could use him as Cassor on occasion and say he is painted white for a special reason. Like maybe he was one of the surviving guys from the warp from awhile back, but is now a crazy DC dread, but painted white to honor him being around so long or something. I just think it will look cool white lol

Looking good man! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

I'm very happy to present my counts as cassor when needed. He's going to be the oldest marine in my chapter, alive from when they were in the warp. Well if you count being in a DC dread alive...

Thinking of giving him the name "The Restless Wraith" or Cassor (place holder name) "The Restless" or "The Ancient". Might sound a little lame though... Needs a bad*** nickname though to justify the white color compared to my normal black DC.

now only need to finish corbulo and the sgt. Need to start thinking about vow 3.

Looking good man! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

I'm very happy to present my counts as cassor when needed. He's going to be the oldest marine in my chapter, alive from when they were in the warp. Well if you count being in a DC dread alive...

Thinking of giving him the name "The Restless Wraith" or Cassor (place holder name) "The Restless" or "The Ancient". Might sound a little lame though... Needs a bad*** nickname though to justify the white color compared to my normal black DC.

now only need to finish corbulo and the sgt. Need to start thinking about vow 3.

I also like the white for Cassor over traditional black.