Stormhawk flyer appears to be coming to BA

Gorlak

Stage 5: Acceptance

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Honestly, I am not that phased anymore. Homey don't need to fly planes, no matter what our fluff says. Just gonna stick to my BA lists that have all units starting on the board. Speed and Daring will be our best weapons against all these new shenanigans. 

On the upside, there might be a reason for me to own two Stormravens now. Added bonus: I can take them in a Flier detachment of whatever the name and leave my three Heavy Support open to my Predators and Devastators.

Do you know what, I think I'm finally done.

Not getting the Storm Talon after everyone else got our Raven, that hurt, Getting a new Codex  without the AA all the other Marines got and still no Talon stung. Having that Codex pretty much invalidated after a few months by the Codex boys getting points cuts, stats boosts, extra weapons (for the Assault squad of all things) and free stuff all over the board really cut my game frequency, but this? Remove the ONE decent Skyfire platform we have outside of fortifications and introduce a new Marine fighter we don't get during a 'Book of all the planes' that's the ideal time to sort out all our air problems.

Sorry Dante, your boys are joining the WFB armies in the attic.

On the upside, there might be a reason for me to own two Stormravens now. Added bonus: I can take them in a Flier detachment of whatever the name and leave my three Heavy Support open to my Predators and Devastators.

There's an idea! 

Not getting the Storm Talon after everyone else got our Raven, that hurt, Getting a new Codex  without the AA all the other Marines got and still no Talon stung. Having that Codex pretty much invalidated after a few months by the Codex boys getting points cuts, stats boosts, extra weapons (for the Assault squad of all things) and free stuff all over the board really cut my game frequency, but this? Remove the ONE decent Skyfire platform we have outside of fortifications and introduce a new Marine fighter we don't get during a 'Book of all the planes' that's the ideal time to sort out all our air problems.

Do what i do, dude.  Paint those biyatches up red and fly em BA colours.  We can use SM formations no sweat.  Its just the name.  I have zero shame in doing that. 

Have rocked a storm wing formation, and now more recently, the double talon, speeder formation too.  

Aircraft I can actually understand the red marines (but I still hate the idea of doing that), because Red Thirst won't really be noticeable there anyways. And their martial skills aren't as apparent when they aren't in melee.

25 Point increase with no gain? Wonder if it's only our SR or do marines/ GK get it. That's super dog poo!

I believe that was a joke from the Ultrachap doing the q&A, we merely get a worse 'special pilot skill' table than other Marines.

It's not so much that we can't game the system by taking 'Red Marines', it's just the sheer laziness and lack of care and attention from the studio that makes it feel like we need to. I've been playing the Blood Angels as my primary army since second edition and it's never felt like such a neglected afterthought from GW until the last couple of years where to be honest even a simple FAQ as a sign that they cared would have done so much to raise spirits, but instead it's 'nuh uh, if you want the good stuff, pretend to be an Ultramarine like a good little boy.' 

Not getting the Storm Talon after everyone else got our Raven, that hurt, Getting a new Codex without the AA all the other Marines got and still no Talon stung. Having that Codex pretty much invalidated after a few months by the Codex boys getting points cuts, stats boosts, extra weapons (for the Assault squad of all things) and free stuff all over the board really cut my game frequency, but this? Remove the ONE decent Skyfire platform we have outside of fortifications and introduce a new Marine fighter we don't get during a 'Book of all the planes' that's the ideal time to sort out all our air problems.

For what it's worth we have many anti-air options:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321823-army-building-discussion-anti-air/?do=findComment&comment=4378508

I should also point out that until the next BRB rolls around, DftS remains an optional Supplement; no one is making you purchase anything and unless you are playing in tournaments (which have their own house rules anyway), I fail to see a problem.

Stage 5: Acceptance

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Honestly, I am not that phased anymore. Homey don't need to fly planes, no matter what our fluff says. Just gonna stick to my BA lists that have all units starting on the board. Speed and Daring will be our best weapons against all these new shenanigans.

And a pair of Deredeo's... "Eat my targeting system you filthy Xeno's!!!"

For the record I think the Stormhawk look like crap. First of all the reality of having a pilot view as that of a tank driver!?!? and its a fighter of all types!?!?! ..... I have faith we will get some things down the road to fix some of our legitimate concerns. But ya know what, even if they leave us hanging in the breeze, I'm still staying Blood Angels because the fluff and stories haven't changed and I like to spite people who do me wrong :)

For the record I think the Stormhawk look like crap. First of all the reality of having a pilot view as that of a tank driver!?!? and its a fighter of all types!?!?! ..... I have faith we will get some things down the road to fix some of our legitimate concerns. But ya know what, even if they leave us hanging in the breeze, I'm still staying Blood Angels because the fluff and stories haven't changed and I like to spite people who do me wrong smile.png

To be fair, as long as they have sensors that can provide them with the information they need, they won't need more than that. It's actually more probable that in the future, that's what you are more likely to see.

It just depends on how good the sensors and cams are.

Archived