Army Building Discussion: Anti-Air

Jolemai

Seeing as those rules are fully optional, you can use either:

1) BA codex stormraven, which is 1 per heavy slot, no formation flying, but has skyfire.

2) Supplement stormraven, 1-4 per slot, gains benefits vs ground targets but loses skyfire.

Seeing as those rules are fully optional, you can use either:

1) BA codex stormraven, which is 1 per heavy slot, no formation flying, but has skyfire.

2) Supplement stormraven, 1-4 per slot, gains benefits vs ground targets but loses skyfire.

Sadly I don't think the rules are optional - they do replace the rules in the rulebook and respective codices.

They are now a core part of the game it seems - but of course between gaming groups views on that will differ! No one likes change ;)

Sadly I don't think the rules are optional - they do replace the rules in the rulebook and respective codices.

Does it explicitly say this?

Anything not in the main rulebook is an optional extra, as far as I know. Including all codexes - if you don't want to use an eldar army in game, you don't use the eldar codex. If you don't want to add additional lords of war, you don't use escalation. If you don't want dogfighting or flyer formations, then you don't use skies of death (SoD?).

Until GW publish an official errata for the BA codex, changing the Stormraven entry to match SoD (like they did when the Stormraven was added to the SM codex and the rules changed slightly), then we continue to use the codex version.

As a reference, it's kind of like the Legion of the Damned.

They had a C:SM unit entry, but also their own supplement. You could either take 1-3 squads as elites choices in a normal CAD, or you could select them as an allied detachment and get some additional rules.

Archived