ETL V is coming...

So how does the painting challenge work?

I nominate some stuff to paint in a set amount of time?

Correct. However you also get to choose a Faction and add up the points value of your stuff (which must be legal units). The Faction with the most points becomes Primus Inter Pares or ETL Champions for this year.

I suggest you take a look to last year's event and feel free to ask any questions. 

Question. What's the ruling on 3rd Party Models? Not for kit bashing but for what is essentially Proxies?

I'm planning on running these Anvil Industries models as a Legion Recon Squad and Gun Servitors for my Techmarines. There's no conversion work here. Can they be pledged?

Recon Squad & Servo-Automa

Question. What's the ruling on 3rd Party Models? Not for kit bashing but for what is essentially Proxies?

I'm planning on running these Anvil Industries models as a Legion Recon Squad and Gun Servitors for my Techmarines. There's no conversion work here. Can they be pledged?

Quote from last year's rules:

Q: Got a count-as from another manufacturer (not GW/FW). It’s roughly the same size – can I enter it?

Yes. If it’s a 28mm sized mini there is no restriction of using non-GW models – provided they can easily be recognised as belonging to the 40k Universe and WYSIWYG is observed to a reasonable level…
However if we are talking about models of tank of even Knight / Titan size, then a more case-by-case approach will be required to take into account the relative complexity of the models and the effort involved in completing one. For example if the model in question is of significantly lesser complexity vs. the GW/FW equivalent (even if it’s roughly the same overall size) you should expect a (sometimes severe) haircut in the points value. The idea is to keep this as fair as possible and if someone is making the effort to paint up a hugely complex model he should be awarded the full points – whereas someone who opts to go with a less complex “count-as” then he/she should be prepared to give-up some points.

So I've got roughly 5000 points buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Battlefield 1. This summer will be taken up by Batrlefield 1 I'm sorry guys but you don't understand how awesome it is to FINALLLY have a WW1 Triple A game.

Edit: In my massive HYPE for battlefield 1 I failed to realize it will be released in October. Disregard the passed info, my bad :/.

Can I be a Traitor and post vows for two different factions I am already doing some for chaos but Iv gotten the war gaming fever and feel the need need to assemble and paint my heresy iron hands to act as a enemy for my chaos models...... Pretty please

Can I be a Traitor and post vows for two different factions I am already doing some for chaos but Iv gotten the war gaming fever and feel the need need to assemble and paint my heresy iron hands to act as a enemy for my chaos models...... Pretty please

Sorry, no.

The ETL has an element of "Codex Patriotism" in it, and this often leads to some tough choices. But you know what they say: When the going gets tough... msn-wink.gif

You have to pick one faction and stay with it to the end. However, you are most welcome to post your other work as out-of-competition entries and use the ETL as motivator to complete everything you need to complete until mid-August. smile.png

Tried to PM.

I messed up my Aquila decals (shoulder pad) on my first Knight in a Tripartite Lance. I stole the shoulder and decal from another of the Knights in the lance.

Now, I plan on building and painting the other two of the Knights for the ETL, but one of them will start with a painted shoulder (as that was the only way I had to salvage the Aquila mishap).

Would that be too much completed paint to be considered "scratch"?

Worst case I can "battle damage" that area and repaint the pad without a decal.

I'm now confused. Do we pledge here? Or wait for a new thread?

Don't be confused. On the 15th I will put up a dedicated thread called the "Strategium" in each relevant forum. This is the place to place your vows, declare your completions and add your "before" and "after" pics. 

You just need to wait until May 15th! :)

I'm now confused. Do we pledge here? Or wait for a new thread?

Don't be confused. On the 15th I will put up a dedicated thread called the "Strategium" in each relevant forum. This is the place to place your vows, declare your completions and add your "before" and "after" pics.

You just need to wait until May 15th! smile.png

Waiting until May 15th - I knew there was a catch lol.

Need to stop building more marines that could add to my AoD painting queue, just need to undercoat all the stuff I have for potential EtL vows.

I'm in. Sadly the only Ultramarines model I have left to paint is a Fellblade,

after which I'm going to concentrate on my New Death Korps of Krieg force.

You mean your Imperial Militia / Solar Auxilia Army, right? :p

I won't be able to buy until the 29th though. So can I vow what I haven't bought yet?

I won't be able to buy until the 29th though. So can I vow what I haven't bought yet?

Yep. Just make sure you post a picture of what you're going to be working on pre-paint.

What the Psycho said. Having said that, the deadline to place your first vow would be June 15th. ;)

Archived