The Order of the Glorious Reprisal (Display Name Change)

Blessed be the Emperor!

Eternal be His reign!

Anywho, I posted my final image for the Boxing Day Bash with 3 whole minutes to spare :tongue.: I'm not overly happy with the final result, but I got it done and earned 3 points for the Sisters.

I'm done but there's 7 min left and I have to upload the picture!

Edit: Praise the Emperor I think I made it!

med_gallery_83651_11889_67966.jpg

Edited by Servant of Dante

Maybe others have already commented on this, but nothing -- and I do mean NOTHING -- beats Testors Dullcote. I've tried every "matte finish" spray I could find and nothing comes close. It's almost magical in its ability to make models nice and matte. It kills gross gloss dead.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I have assembled Kyrinov, a made to order Inquisitor (the one with the sword, really cool model), 4 meltaguns (bringing me to 12 total) and a Simulacrum. Kyrinov is really an awesome model!

Second, I now have 3 Exorcists (Organs of DOOOOOOOM!)

med_gallery_83651_11889_1455186.jpg

Oh, and I got 2 more Immolators. One of the plastic domes was malleable when I cut it off it's little sprue. I let it sit for a while (thankfully in it proper shape) and it hardened up. It's weird. Here's a picture of when it was flexible, next to a normal specimen :tongue.:

med_gallery_83651_11889_573298.jpg

Finally, I finished painting Canoness Raedia! I don't think I've ever shared a picture of her Evicerator, so here you go! Oh, and I appologize in advance or the crappy image quality :smile.: In any case, she was a lot of work, and I'm really happy with how she turned out.

med_gallery_83651_11889_1200446.jpg

med_gallery_83651_11889_1740129.jpg

med_gallery_83651_11889_1214377.jpg

(the point of the picture above is to show you her book. I'm quite pleased with the shade I made for it. I'm thinking it's a collection of the original manuscripts and scores written by Blessed Sister Niteelan (Adjunct to the martyr Saint Victinia, the Orders patron Saint).

med_gallery_83651_11889_288068.jpg

*BLAM*

(brace yourselves for a bad joke)

It was Sister Gratiel's first deployment with the Canoness's Command Squad. They were deployed on some barren world, hunting the remnants of an Ork Waaaagh! that had fled to the surface. Raedia directed the squad's heavy flamers with gestures with her massive Evicerator, the symbol of the Canonnas of the Order of the Glorious Reprisal, as the Ork hoard attempted to surround the Sisters formation. Suddenly, the Canoness's one eye grew almost inhumanly wide, and she broke from the Command Squad to engage a nearby mob of Xenos, yelling at the top of her lungs, though Gratiel could not tell what she was saying. She lay about her with her weapons, flicking the six screaming feet of gilded chain blade from side to side with almost contemptuous ease, and with only one hand on the grip. At one point she leapt into the air, her body almost parallel with the ground and her feet nearly four feet from it, her evicerator arcing below her as she twisted round.

Gratiel blinked. "Wha . . . how is the Canoness doing that?" Sister Halona placed her hand on Gratiel's armoured shoulder, "Let her go Sister, the Canoness is in an anime now."

"It happens," added Sister Raethei, her statement punctuated by the roar of her heavy flamer igniting a small group of Orks attempting to sneak up on them from the side.

:biggrin.: Thanks to anyone who looks at the crap I post :tongue.:

From the game I played last night (the Lord of Skulls rolled a 6 on the destroyer table, so she didn't even get a save, but it's an epic picture and I might incorporate the idea into the death of Raedia's immediate predecessor).

. . . ignore that the Lord of Skulls is missing a hand. It kept falling off so it just got left off . . .

gallery_83651_11889_591300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really like your lore! I think our Orders would get along. :)

You've included a lot of details and some very cool bits of flavour, such as the relics they wield and their recruitment policies. The scheme works well and the white hair definitely gives them a very abstract look with the black armour and white tabards. Very cool.

Like I said, I have some major changes and additions that have been almost done for months :D I think at this point I just need to finish writing about Saint Amuria, and it'll be ready to post. Thanks for reading though!

After months and months of wanting it done, I have finally got the Order's fluff revised and in line with the most current information on them. There have been some major changes, so if you are interested I would be honored if you would have a look at the first post in this thread. I'm sure there are grammatical and word choice errors that need to be corrected, but the big thing is that I have it all down and posted.

Let me know what you think!

• 3 months later...
Wow, such fleshed out and visceral background! It was a joy to read :) Your Canoness is really cool! Definitely your best work and I adore the conversion! Thats a cracking picture with the Lord of Skulls standoff. That should definitely get added to your lore!

It did, kinda (unless I forgot to actually add it? . . .

Nope I remembered). Raedia's predecessor, Fieleen, died fighting a Lord of Skulls (in that game Raedia got killed by its Strength D cc weapon before she got to swing, but obviously I couldn't have her die in the fluff)

Thanks for reading all of that though :D it's kinda a lot. The founding story took a lot of time to get right in my head. I'm not sure it's exactly plausible, but it's better than what I had before. I'm glad you like it.

I had a lot of fun writing about Saint Amuria though :P

994.M41 - Canoness Fieleen is killed by a Khorne Lord of Skulls in close combat. Sister Superior Raedia is named the Canoness of the Order of the Glorious Reprisal at the age of 59, making her the youngest Canoness in the order’s history

Thanks! I really love that model.

Oh gosh, painting? Well, if you insist. I can probably make myself sit down and do a bit. Though I think I'd like to paint some Valorous Heart Sisters in that case. Probably just a BSS, to see how the colors look.

Although I do have an immolator primed that I could work on.

The issue is, with how slow I paint, it's take me weeks just to do the one vehicle. Maybe I'll work on Raedia's command squad and the immolator. That would look good all painted up, and they're all primed. If I'm lucky, I'll finish them in a month or so.

Actually, I've gotten caught up in other things, most recently looking into Classic Battletech :P

But I did write about a page, I'm restarting my account of the Battle For Delmarus. I have a couple details I have to correct, then the draft of the opening scene will be to the point where I'll be ok posting it here :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm reviving this thread since I can post (more or less) whatever I'd like to post here.

Anyway, I just noticed that the B&C is allowing everyone to change their display name once (yes, I hadn't read that announcement till just now). I think I might like to change my display name to something more Sisters related, but I'm worried that might just get confusing for people (and I'm not sure what I'd pick).

So first off, does anyone know how long I have to change my name? I know it's a 60 day window, but when did that window start? Also, since I spend basically all my time on the B&C down here, I wanted to ask the anyone who hangs around the Sisters corner of the B&C for thoughts/sugestions on if I should change my name, and to what. Thanks for the input, and thanks to anyone who actually reads the crap I post :)

Personally, I think I'd want to change it to something to do with Saint Lucia, since she is objectively the best character in the 40K universe, from any time frame :P

Ministorum Clerk is only "more Sisters related" than your current name because they're both human God-Emperor botherers rather than mentioning the Blood Angels' latest chapter master. Assuming it's he you're referring to in the first place.

I changed neither my name nor my avatar since I first decided to create an internet identity, so you'll probably guess where I stand. But I confirm that changing your name will be confusing, even more so than changing one's avatar is (and that's already enough to confuse those with a bad memory, poor attention or who associated someone with their avatar rather than their name).

My only suggestion is to not rename yourself Cherub Puncher, because I find it funnier as your location.

Oh, and I know it's old;

. . . ignore that the Lord of Skulls is missing a hand. It kept falling off so it just got left off . . .

If it didn't want to lose its hand, it shouldn't have tried to grope a canoness. For crying out loud.

Edited by Knight of the Raven