Did the Vendetta just get squatted?

The Vendetta did not get any data sheets for the new flier rules in the Death From The Skies supplement being released, nor any Forgeworld fliers (my vulture....) 

Warseer thread leaks: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?417606-Flyer-Game-Summer-2016/page7

The fact that it wasn't included at all looks really bad with a codex possibly looming, and also means a lot of annoyances at the table when trying to field it, there is no official rules for it in the new format.

I've been down on my Vendetta but not bullet to the back of the head down, I was hoping they'd get better.

FW stuff not getting a mention in GW stuff is nothing new. It could just be an oversight, but my money would be on the fact it doesn't technically have a kit. Even if the Vendetta is just a Valkyrie with a FW upgrade (or some clever HWT stealing) that's not a "legal" existing kit... perhaps a Valkyrie/Vendetta combined kit is not on the cards any time soon. I'd imagine that we'd get a new fighter style craft, that seems more likely to me at the moment.

We'll have to wait and see as always. It could be nothing, or just because a Vendetta box doesn't exist at the time of publication. Perhaps there will be an FAQ in the meantine?

Yeh its a dilemma I really like my vendetta

In fact I don't think I've ever fielded a valk despite owning one...

Be interesting what this new supplement does to the game

I'm in two minds about buying one with murmurs of a 7.5ed being released which I'm guessing may include this supplement already and the FAQs which are yet to be seen

I guess ill play as is for now as long as my opponents are okay

FW is still selling the kit though

look...the vendetta is supposed to be a badassed tank killer, it's actually kind of perverse for it to be so good at air to air.  I would expect any decent air-to air supplement to nerf the vendetta's air superiority capability.  If it doesn't get mentioned at all, that's probably a net positive for vendetta fans, it's less of a nerf than expected!

I would be ok with them making it ground attack if they give us an awesome fighter style craft.

It's called a thunderbolt?  

/edit/

IG don't get fighters, that's the navy's turf...

This is a total squatting. The only reason not to include the vendetta is gw is removing it from the guard dex. FW will probably keep it in their IA books but FW is all about their cash cow 30k. It will be awhile before they get around to updating any of their fliers.

Which means you will still have the same FW rules for the vendetta five or ten years from now? Oh, the agony! laugh.png People cheese out a way to get a forgeworld vendetta into their list, don't they? Because those rules still have room for as many troops as a valkyrie AND room for power capacitors for three godhammers? Because there's a bag of holding behind the co-pilot's seat? Talk about first world problems...When you have something as cheesy as the old version of the vendetta, you don't want GW to pay any attention to it!

Now...the griffon...that got squatted. As in dropped from the book, then dropped from production. If you're afraid the vendetta is headed that way, better start buying conversion kits!

This wouldn't be an issue if the Valkyrie wasn't total garbage. Maybe this means there's actually a buff/rework in the pipeline. If they just shifted the Vendetta 'load out' into a war gear option for the Valkyrie it would be fine. As it is there are no good weapon options for the Valkyrie, particularly for anti air unless you think your going to make anything happen with one-use missiles at BS3.

If the Vendetta got shifted to an upgrade for the Valk I'd be happy. I'd also be happy to stick with the FW Vendetta. I mostly use my vultures in my lists. I'd be happier if the Vulture loadouts got reworked so that I could have Missile launchers and TLLC, or 2 TLLC. The Vendetta is incredible, it still carries troops, and has the firepower to wreck light vehicles that lasts all game. And is only 10 points more than a kitted out tank hunting vulture, much cheaper if you use the FW version (30 points).

From the screenshots there doesn't appear to be an upgrade option to the vendetta

On the plus side faq says you can fire two of the same ordanance weapons simultaneously and fire a full bs

Can't have that last one anymore I'm afraid. Unless the new FAQ only means dedicated transports the Culexus can't start the game embarked.

In the grand scheme of the game i like this change for gamey combinations, putting skitari and guard veterans in drop pods and stuff never sat well with me. On the other hand, i was thinking of allying in some sisters and putting them in vendettas and its kind of dissapointing i cant anymore. Another reason not to take them :P

From the screenshots there doesn't appear to be an upgrade option to the vendetta

On the plus side faq says you can fire two of the same ordanance weapons simultaneously and fire a full bs

Yup, that's a very welcome buff to the vanilla Valk. Although with current pricing I'd still take the MRPs.

I'm not sad to see the Vendetta moved to FW-only. It always felt like a symptom of the studio's occasional habit of delegating design to an overstimulated twelve-year-old. The Vulture should be the gold standard for Imperial ground-attack.

Also, while we're talking DftS: did anyone notice that the squadron leader benefits are listed as "Valkyrie Squadron," whereas every other lists the table with the name of their faction? Perhaps an indication of an incoming fighter kit. 

Edit: although to Devil's Advocate myself, the Valkyrie is also available to the MT, so perhaps they were just being inclusive.

but right now I see no reason to take a valk

Because you love the smell of promethium in the morning...duh! tongue.png

Can't have that last one anymore I'm afraid. Unless the new FAQ only means dedicated transports the Culexus can't start the game embarked.

IIRC, it only says the culexus can't start the game in a valk...doesn't say the valk can't start the game on a skyshield with the culxus embarking on turn one before the valk flies off...?

but right now I see no reason to take a valk

Because you love the smell of promethium in the morning...duh! tongue.png

I'm with you. Take Elysians, load up valks and vendettas with full squads of troopers, and channel the spirit of Lt Col Kilgore, bring them on first turn playing Wagner! I love the smell of promethium in the morning... it smells like... VICTORY!

Edit: Did not expect this post to get that many likes...

Archived