Did the Vendetta just get squatted?

Squatting is a strong term as it stands yes, as our codex is still trucking with it - but it bodes ill that a new publication about flyers has no rules for it. I'd wager this is a sign of a new flyer kit to come, but I'd gladly be wrong sad.png

Squatting is a strong term as it stands yes, as our codex is still trucking with it - but it bodes ill that a new publication about flyers has no rules for it. I'd wager this is a sign of a new flyer kit to come, but I'd gladly be wrong sad.png

I think you're spot on. It may take a while but I reckon we'll see a Valkyrie/Vendetta dual kit, probably with new weapon options.

GW don't update plastic vehicles, though. It's a waste of money for them to do so.

They put an extra sprue in the SM Stormtalon, Ork flier kit and the Imperial Knight to make dual-builds. No reason they can't do the same with the Valkyrie kit, although it would be an expensive kit indeed.

Guys...never attribute to malice what you can attribute to profiteering.

Whenever they release a new Codex it will have a "new" Flyer in it. Or they will release a new Codex WITHOUT a new Flyer in it....than release a paid Dataslate for one. 

Like Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids kinda, and even the girls-who-shall-not-mentioned-because-when-you-do-their-update-gets-pushed-even-further-back, I think IG falls into the category of major overhaul. This year we will see even MOAR Space Marines because that's the cash infusion they need to pay for the overhauls. 

For friendly matches you could probably use the valk stats for agility and pursuit and then everything else from the codex

Even the 40k fb page suggested that

Just check with TOs if you want to use it in a tournament

Although hopefully it gets an official re-release soon

The Vendetta isn't squatted. It has no rules in the book (because it has no model) but it is repeatedly mentioned alongside the Valkyrie in the background section. They wouldn't be mentioning it if they were planning on removing it from the game.

In GW's Facebook, they said you can use Valkyrie's data for Vendetta.

The Vendetta isn't squatted. It has no rules in the book (because it has no model) but it is repeatedly mentioned alongside the Valkyrie in the background section. They wouldn't be mentioning it if they were planning on removing it from the game.

In GW's Facebook, they said you can use Valkyrie's data for Vendetta.

I think that's PERFECTLY reasonable...I mean, the vendetta is a valk with troop space traded for lascannon capacitors...the flight characteristics would be almost the same, perhaps the vendetta is a little heavier empty than the valk is full...but other than weight...same bird.

Yes the most logical approach

Check with your opponent / TO though

It has also been suggested as a suitable option by the GW 40k Facebook page (which isn't an official FAQ but close as well get for now)

• 4 weeks later...

It does, no other Codex version other than our 6th Ed one had the HP value on it, it was too new for the 5E Codex. Almost definitely a mistake on GW's part, as the fluff section about the Lascannon Capacitors taking up space is still in there.

• 4 weeks later...
The Vendetta is included in the Stormcloud Attack app and those lascannons are boss. It was even in a webstore blog last week. I doubt it's going anywhere but GW will have to address that they don't sell a/the kit for it.

I think GW will address the issue of not having models for codex entries, and it may not be entirely to our satisfaction. They'll either drop the entry or come out with models for it. In the Vendettas case, I think we'll a slight price increase for the valkyrie model, and an included plastic vendetta upgrade sprue, along with new packaging. Rough riders might get squatted, but then who knows, they might make plastic kits for them and actually make them good.

I doubt the vendetta is going anywhere, given how popular it is.

Archived