WH40k FAQ First Draft

Krak Grenades nerf in assault is fine, we have a ton of ways to deal with tanks/T6 already.

Poor Dark Eldar now have to snapshot if their transport Jinks. I have no clue how they're supposed to play now. Deep Strike in and pray, I guess?

The 'not all buildings' rule had me intrigued for a moment. It means someone, somewhere has tried it. I wonder if it's a viable Sororitas tactic, though, with a few of our stuff hanging inside and, for example, Retributors giving Rending to some emplacements.

According to the FAQ, you have choose to fire either your Flamers or your Heavy Flamers first, resolve all of their hits and wounds for that weapon, then fire the other after. Apparently the BRB is worded that all template weapons fire at once which would mean you fire all Flamer-type weapons at the same time, though I've always played it how the FAQ is worded.

Basically, by confirming that you fire them by weapon type you're losing out on hits. Before, if both weapons hit 4 models each from firing at the same time that's 8 hits. Now, if the heavy flamer hits 4 models then the flamer might end up out of range or only be able to hit 1-2 after the heavy flamer is resolved...

They RECOMEND using the most current ones. Not require. I mean you still can't force someone to play with you if you insist on using an old codex, but as always it's your choice how you play so you can use whatever codex you want!

I enjoy the 3rd edition one.

They RECOMEND using the most current ones. Not require. I mean you still can't force someone to play with you if you insist on using an old codex, but as always it's your choice how you play so you can use whatever codex you want!

I enjoy the 3rd edition one.

I saw that too... doesn't actually say to USE the latest versions of rules or codices, just the most recent in your collection :p

Those were some funny parts, especially as I've had some fun talks with friends about scouting buildings. I'm okay I think with the grenade in CC change, we can still get 1" away and all huck'em. For the drop pod, that saddens me because that was my next purchase and I was pretty excited to paint it up AS style. While all of this is (incrediblly!) wonderful of GW, and I'm psycked on the "final draft" in a bit. We still need updated codex and what-not from GW with what editions, including FW, are legal.

(Highlighted in red) no, that hasn't been legal since rogue trader days.

The grenade nerf should strengthen penitent engines though.

Those were some funny parts, especially as I've had some fun talks with friends about scouting buildings. I'm okay I think with the grenade in CC change, we can still get 1" away and all huck'em. For the drop pod, that saddens me because that was my next purchase and I was pretty excited to paint it up AS style. While all of this is (incrediblly!) wonderful of GW, and I'm psycked on the "final draft" in a bit. We still need updated codex and what-not from GW with what editions, including FW, are legal.

(Highlighted in red) no, that hasn't been legal since rogue trader days

You can get 1" away and throw a grenade in the shooting phase . . .

Yeah, tbh walkers in general. Now a regular dread isn't terrified of a tactical squad. Also should help all vehicles out as well, though to a lesser extent.

Might still be able to use Drop Pods. Depends if Faction: Imperial overrides the Battle Brother status chart or not.

They are all Armies of the Imperium and thus Battle Brothers, but not the same Faction. Factions are defined on the allies chart sidebar, and Armies of the Imperium is not listed as a Faction. I think that's sufficient RAW.

The FAQ clarifies that you cannot embark in a Battle Brothers' transport during deployment, which only really locks out going inside a transport and being held in reserve. In most other cases, you can hop into the ride on turn 1.

laugh.png Fortifications can't Scout.

It never occurred to me that they could...

The Tau have a fortification that can move during the game and pathfinders have scout. So there is at least one faction that needed to know that wasn't allowed.

I read something about Dark Eldar being able to take an army entirely devoid of non-vehicle characters at one point. According to the rules, if you lack a character you can choose which unit is your warlord. So according to that...you could potentially take a wall or something as your warlord and then get the scouting warlord trait. Stupid complicated....buuuuut it's RAW.

The 'not all buildings' rule had me intrigued for a moment. It means someone, somewhere has tried it. I wonder if it's a viable Sororitas tactic, though, with a few of our stuff hanging inside and, for example, Retributors giving Rending to some emplacements.

Not sure about sisters, but a hand full of assassins manning a bunch gun emplacements could be a lot of fun.

That's not an 'all buildings army' though.

An all buildings army would be something like

1x Imperial Strongpoint (x points)

- 2 Quad Guns, 2 Icarus Lascannons, 8 Heavy Bolters

2x Fortress of Redemption (x points)

- Krakstorm Launcher

1x Void Shield Generator

I read something about Dark Eldar being able to take an army entirely devoid of non-vehicle characters at one point. According to the rules, if you lack a character you can choose which unit is your warlord. So according to that...you could potentially take a wall or something as your warlord and then get the scouting warlord trait. Stupid complicated....buuuuut it's RAW.

A. vehicle characters can be warlords just fine. B. non character warlords don't get a trait.

Things I noticed that will directly affect Sisters:

Grenade Change - I'm not sure on this one.  Sure it makes vehicles and dreadnoughts more resilient in assault, but on the other hand they mostly die horribly to shooting anyway.  TBH all its really done is further devalue the role of Tactical/Chaos Space Marines, and made buying Krak Grenades for Imperial Guard Infantry/Veteran Squads pointless.  Battle Sisters get nerfed too, because at least Marines can glance AV10 on a 6, whereas S3 Sisters are SOL.  Its a good nerf to the Haywire Grenade crap of Firewarriors and Skitarri Ruststalkers, but Ork Tankbustas and Guard Demo Vets (both of which have Melta-Bombs on every model in the unit) didn't need the nerf - Imperial Knights can sigh in relief now...

Scout - Scout Redeployments now happen after Seize the Initiative, so there shouldn't be any risk of stranding your Dominions out in the open if your Opponent seizes on you.

No deploying in Battle Brother Transports - discussed up above.  Needs clarification though, because technically each faction is a Battle Brother to itself and that could mean that transports from different detachments may have this restriction too (like say if you wanted to put Centurions from a Battle Demi-Company in a Drop Pod from a CAD). 

Jink effects passengers - makes our high strength shooting more effective against open-topped skimmers, since all our Meltas and Exorcists give the opponent a real headache - Jink to not die, but be utterly useless the next round.

GMC's and cover - now follow 25% obscuring rule, meaning no more "toe-in-cover" for Wraithknights/Stormsurges.  Again, a general buff that helps our high strength, low AP shooting slightly.

Archived