WH40k FAQ First Draft

tldr;

Page 126 second paragraph under Levels of Alliance qualities the allies section as only applying if you are making your army with detatchments of different factions.

Armies of the Imperium is not a faction, it is just a convenient way to group a series of factions for the allies matrix. Page 118 section Factions paragraph 2 clearly illustrates that Adepta Sororitas are their own faction.

If a detatchment is the same faction as the primary detachment, than they are "not allies" and may start in each other's non dedicated transports.

If a detatchment is a different faction than the primary detachment, than they are "allies" and cannot start in each other's non dedicated transports.

If the primary detachment is faction Codex Space Marines than check the chapter. If the other detatchment's chapter is the same as primary detachment chapter than they are "not allies". If they are different chapters the other detatchment is "allies".

--------------------

The FAQ only means you can't droppod your battle sisters because they are allies to blood angels which are a different faction than battle sisters.

You can still droppod your other blood angels because they are the same faction as the BA droppod detachment. Both the primary detachment and the flesh tearers detachment are Blood Angels faction and not allies.

Codex Space marines are a bit different. They are from the same codex and would be treated as the same faction, which isn't fluffy. GW created a rule that makes it so different Codex Space Marine chapters count as allies (battle brothers) with each other even though they would otherwise be the same faction (like dual CAD battle sisters are).

So you cannot start Ultramarines in an Imperial Fist Land Raider. The IF Land Raider is from a different faction than the Ultramarines. But they can still hop in first turn because they are battle brothers.

The scout change is surprising but it takes away almost all of the risk for our Dominions :)

Again the single grenade in assault thing is crazed, and royally screws us over along with several other armies.  I would be amazed if that doesn't change in the final draft... but then stranger things have happened in 40k :p

Personally I'm in favour of letting everyone in a squad throw their grenades if they want, but limiting each type to two per model as default...

That could be a lot of bookkeeping, but I have always wanted to throw 20 frag grenades at once

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go!

The Militarum Tempestus, Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Assassins and the Inquisition:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1617413881912578&id=1575682476085719

For ease for those who don't use FB:

Q: If Saint Celestine dies and passes her Miraculous Intervention special rule Leadership check to return to the board next turn, but the game ends, does she award Victory Points?

A: Yes – a model that is not on the board at the end of the game counts as destroyed for the purposes of Victory Points.

Q: Do rules that modify a model’s statistic apply when that model is ‘dead’? For example, items or rules that alter Leadership when rolling to see if Saint Celestine passes her Miraculous Intervention check to come back to the battlefield.

A: No.

Q: How many models can shoot out of the firing hatch on the roof of the Immolator?

A: One model can fire from the Immolator’s top hatch.

Q: In Codex: Adepta Sororitas, there are three Apocalypse Battle Formations. The codex was written a while ago and things have changed quite a bit in the game. Can I use those formations in regular, non-Apocalypse games?

A: No.

Q: Can a Canoness take more than one relic?

A: A Canoness can only take a single relic.

Q: It is not stated what kind of weapon the Exorcist missile launcher is. Is it a turret-mounted weapon or a hull-mounted weapon?

A: It’s a turret-mounted weapon.

Q: The eviscerator is listed in the wargear section as being available for the ‘Canoness and Ministorum Priest only’, while under the Melee Weapons list/pop-up on the Canoness’ and Priest’s pages it says ‘Ministorum Priest only’. Which is correct?

A: The text in the Melee Weapons pop-up is incorrect; an eviscerator can be taken by a Canoness or a Ministorum Priest.

Q: What part of the Adepta Sororitas’ Exorcist tanks do you use to check line of sight for the Exorcist missile launcher?

A: From any part of the missile tubes.

ERRATA

CODEX: ADEPTA SORORITAS

Reliquary Ministorum, Ranged Weapons, Condemnor Boltgun and Reference, Special Rules

Replace the wording of the Psi-shock special rule with the following:

‘If a unit containing at least one Psyker (i.e. a model with the Psyker, Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers or Psychic Pilot special rule) is hit by a weapon with the Psi-shock special rule, one randomly determined Psyker model in that unit suffers Perils of the Warp in addition to any other damage.’

The part about the Exorcist is (in my limited experience) a huge thing! Well, it'll stop arguments (in theory) at least! laugh.png

Two big buffs right there and condemner boltguns got better again :D

What arguments where those, Aqui?

The Condemnor Boltgun rebuff is huge. For me and my area, at least. Too many psykers running around here.

Time to bust out the old Condemnor Boltgun conversions haha! Thinking if I should scatter them across squads or if I should put them all in one Sororitas Command Squad for lols.

The Immolator buff is nice!

And the Exorcist clarification is excellent!

Praise the Emperor!

Two big buffs right there and condemner boltguns got better again biggrin.png

What arguments where those, Aqui?

The line of sight issue. Do you check LoS from the chassis or the pipes. GW has said the pipe, so from what I can gather, it's significant smile.png

3" of untargetable LOS drawing. Exorcists can hull-down and still hit everything.

Thats how my group was having me run it, but I am glad that they actually clarified it.  

I think the Immolator buff is significant. More mobile multimeltas.

Sacred feth, the fire point. It's there. It exists. It's a thing. By the grace of St. Dominica this FAQ is glorious!

Also, it's now confirmed that the missiles come out of the organ pipes XD

Sacred feth, the fire point. It's there. It exists. It's a thing. By the grace of St. Dominica this FAQ is glorious!

Also, it's now confirmed that the missiles come out of the organ pipes XD

More importantly, the LoS is taken from the pipes happy.png

Yeah so I'm missing 8 more Condemnor Boltgun conversions.

TO THE DREMEL!

To celebrate, I'll make one of my newer Canoness' take one! happy.png Just need to know what they hell they look like! laugh.png

A bolter with a crossbow stuck on the bottom normally, lol.

You mean like the one one of the female Inquisitor models have? Not sure I want to cut the one I have up for it sad.png

Yeah, that's what that model is. You really don't have to do that though. Dwarf crossbows are the perfect size for a kitbash conversion, so if you know any dwarf players they'll probably have a few in their bitz box.

Yeah, that's what that model is. You really don't have to do that though. Dwarf crossbows are the perfect size for a kitbash conversion, so if you know any dwarf players they'll probably have a few in their bitz box.

Ive got some Mantic Dwarves that are going to loan some crossbows to the cause. I'm goung to try to make an anti-witch squad out of some spare Sisters. Too bad Celestians can't all take them as a common upgrade.

Archived