40k draft FAQ & DA

SnakeChisler

Wow get over to facebook and pull down the latest news we've a 40 page DRAFT FAQ :)

How does this affect DA?

Flyers with Blast & Skyfire can hit other Flyers

Blasts can't hit FMC's unless their on the ground or see above

Powers Cast = Psychic Level (You could see this coming really with the Conclave's and such)

No more deploying from an battle Bro's transport (bye bye drop pod shenanigans) 

If a unit has multiple factions its considered as all of them ?

If your not Battle Bro's though even in the same army then the objective is contested? Yeoooow that's gonna hurt some builds 

You can jink Beams or Nova's

No to hit roll on Psychic Shriek etc.. (Interomancy version will apply)

1 Grenade hit only per unit EVEN in Assault? (Dreads got a whole lot better as did drop pods)

Scout moves after Seize

Unless stated unit effects don't pass out of vehicle (Culexius?)

MC's & GMC's need 25% for cover no more Toe in terrain

MC's & GMC's need to see from the waist up (no firing from the Legs

FNP before tests (Stasis Bomb, Hellfrost etc)

Gets Hot, change from rule book is now hot on a roll of 1 2nd time around

So much good stuff in there and some bad

Wow get over to facebook and pull down the latest news we've a 40 page DRAFT FAQ smile.png

Gets Hot, change from rule book is now hot on a roll of 1 2nd time around

It's not a change :( It's always been like that. It's even really quite obvious from the rules itself :)

You forgot to add that controller of model chooses which save the model/unit will be using, so you can choose 4+ rerollable jink over 3+ armor

If an army can't deploy turn 1 at all or has no models on table before turn 2 begins they have lost the game. We don't recommend doing this at all - rip deathwing pure armies (non unbound)

Imperial Knights also had changes to their shields. Live them, learn them, deal with it quickly. If you don't people are going to mess your Knights ups badly

If an army can't deploy turn 1 at all or has no models on table before turn 2 begins they have lost the game. We don't recommend doing this at all - rip deathwing pure armies (non unbound)

Imperial Knights also had changes to their shields. Live them, learn them, deal with it quickly. If you don't people are going to mess your Knights ups badly

As I said in the new and rumors faq thread:

This has been the case since 7th edition (and I think 6th) so it's not like this FAQ changes anything. Also you can use the Deathwing detachment instead of the formation which doesn't overwrite the rules for drop pods assault, therefore you can still have some pods come down turn one if you must play pure Deathwing.

Same for the shields: NOTHING CHANGED (except for the 2 things that were errata'd). I'm not sure what you're referring to about the change to the IK's shield anyways.

wacko.png

So I'm confused, what exactly is the FAQ on Gets Hot doing? Wording isn't too clear.

Some people tried to argue that if you can re-roll hits you would need to roll a 1 on the first and second rolls in order to actually get hot, as opposed to rolling a 2 and missing the first time and then rolling a 1 the second time. The faq clears it up that no matter what if you roll a 1 the second time the weapon gets hot.

Only fighters, aka our nephilim jet fighter will be keeping skyfire from the death from the skies book. Our dark talon becomes an attack flyer, which upsets me because I feel it should be a bomber. But alas I don't make the rules, I just play the game

Only fighters, aka our nephilim jet fighter will be keeping skyfire from the death from the skies book. Our dark talon becomes an attack flyer, which upsets me because I feel it should be a bomber. But alas I don't make the rules, I just play the game

So is that a mandatory book for everyone to buy and know the rules for in order to play the game now? I thought it was another of the zillion supplements GW publishes that I can just choose to ignore if I don't want those options/campaigns/etcetera in my games of 40k.

These FAQs kills DW unless you take a lor of DP dreads...

And with RWSF you cannot take a single flyer... You are forced to get a whole squadron (3) or the new flyer detachment (1-3 units of 2-4 flyers each)...

So if i want a single DT i autolose...

I have 1 DT and 1 NJF so i cannot fueld a formation (need another NFJ) or the detchment (need at least 1 more DT and/or 1 more NJF)...

DA flyers Return to be shelve only units Like in 6th Edition...

So is that a mandatory book for everyone to buy and know the rules for in order to play the game now? I thought it was another of the zillion supplements GW publishes that I can just choose to ignore if I don't want those options/campaigns/etcetera in my games of 40k.

This is from the GW site in the description of the Death From the Skies book:

Death From the Skies is a must-buy for Warhammer 40,000 players – the 160-page hardback contains new rules for Flyers that completely replace those found in Warhammer 40,000, with datasheets including new Agility, Combat Role and Pursuit Value characteristics and options for fielding Flyer Wing units, with their own leaders. On top of this, the book introduces the Dogfight phase – detailed combat between Flyers is now possible!

So even though its a supplement its not optional as it replaces the current rules for flyers in 40k.

Dogfight phase, just another phase to forget about during your turn. I forgot about the psychic phase a couple of times last night playing with my Tyranids.

These FAQs kills DW unless you take a lor of DP dreads...

And with RWSF you cannot take a single flyer... You are forced to get a whole squadron (3) or the new flyer detachment (1-3 units of 2-4 flyers each)...

So if i want a single DT i autolose...

I have 1 DT and 1 NJF so i cannot fueld a formation (need another NFJ) or the detchment (need at least 1 more DT and/or 1 more NJF)...

DA flyers Return to be shelve only units Like in 6th Edition...

What are you talking about? It has always been that way in 7th ed. You always had to either take another formation/detachment with the DWRF, or use Ven Dreads in Drop Pods.

What we can't do Battleforged wise, is a Deathwing "Terminator only" army.

So this FAQ hasn't killed DW. Nor has 7th ed.

Also why can't we take a single flyer in the RWSF?  It says All must "deploy as normal" or "be held in Reserve". Flyers normal deployment is from reserve.

I am glad for several things for the FAQ/Errata. One it made it so units with models from different factions count as both factions.

It made it so flying Monstrous creatures can either Glide or swoop, your choice, when having been summoned and clarified that Say that Swarmlord formation thing doesn't allow that swarmlord thing to deepstrike

Clarified how say Psychic Shriek works. That it doesn't roll so GCult can still use that primaris power..

amongst some other things.

Sadly not much actually is really good/bad for DA from the BRB FAQ/Errate 1st draft. Except that we can no longer take the Shroud and/or Eye with a weapon from the relic section on a single model.

It's states that only one relic/artifact can be given to a single model. However they need to clarify the answer because already there are rulebending cheesebeards trying to say you can still take other items as long as they aren't the same "type"

Guys don't forget, that these rules are subject to change. If you comment on Facebook to the proper rules page (all pages have a different comment section) they may change wording or meaning of it for a one week. So if there is something that you do not agree and have good reasons go there and make a difference .

Guys don't forget, that these rules are subject to change. If you comment on Facebook to the proper rules page (all pages have a different comment section) they may change wording or meaning of it for a one week. So if there is something that you do not agree and have good reasons go there and make a difference .

I don't think it will work that way. From the point of view of someone who made the rules, they are only clarifying intent behind the rules, in cases the original wording wasn't as clear as they intended. IE anything they said now is unlikely to change (factual interpretation), as in this instance GW is the ultimate authority to explain the rules. Only thing that could change is the wording of the FAQs so they are even clearer.

I don't think it will work that way. From the point of view of someone who made the rules, they are only clarifying intent behind the rules, in cases the original wording wasn't as clear as they intended. IE anything they said now is unlikely to change (factual interpretation), as in this instance GW is the ultimate authority to explain the rules. Only thing that could change is the wording of the FAQs so they are even clearer.

Still worth to try.

I would have to agree with Diavlo, first draft, to me would indicate that this isn't final and can still change. The fact they encourage comments would further his belief.

Archived