40k draft FAQ & DA

SnakeChisler

++1  I don't like to pay for product development/market research when I have already done so by buying codex/models.  This stuff should have been a free download until they roll it into a new edition, at which time I will willingly shell out money for it.

The new assault rules in 4th were a free market research change that helped to shape 5th...   I don't play many games anyway but I will be refusing to play DftS games and if they insist they are required rules I will walk away and most of my group agrees...  the one who doesn't is the TO unfortunately.

But we are OT by quite a bit.  FAQs good.  Need more.

Well I guess that really shows how outnumbered I am on this topic.

I get why you each would be willing to wait for TOs to decide your fate.

Well I sorta get it.

Tournaments have a "type" of army that they like and the rules for said tournament cater to that "type" to ensure its success.

Some times to such a degree that the missions of said tournament are crafted in such a was as to prevent the "counter" to that "type" from being able to successfully negotiate the mission objectives.

But when GW releases new rules that help you overcome the rock, paper, scissors status quo, why would you not be more vocal to TOs to get them to include them.

It seems a very odd response to feel that a unit is bad, see a new update that improves the unit, decline to use the update because you have to pay for it, and then complain that GW needs to sell you a rule book with the update.

Maybe we can blame this on my dyslexia, but that don't make no sense.

As it stands right now, if your army 1) doesn't have flyers or 2) you don't use flyers, you don't have to buy the book.

But if your army has flyers and 3) you use flyers, then getting an improved flyer rules system, seems like it would be a good idea.

FYI player 3 has to bring his rules, so players 1 and 2 will have access to them in the games where they come up.

What am I missing here?

OK, so we are far away from FAQ discussion... You can discuss how DFA rules are optional or not in the appropriate forum (Official rules for the more distracted).

here we should focus on what the draft brings to DA. DFA is a whole another subject.

Archived