Blood Angels Successor Test Scheme

AceofCase

It appears that Chapter ADD has struck me once again... this time bringing me to the Blood Angels and their successors.

I've been browsing the rules and wanted to throw together a small force, and came up with the idea of expanding on one of the scheme-less successors mentioned in the fluff. I had a spare tactical marine and painted him up, I was curious to see what you all thought. It's a work in progress of course.

IMG 20160507 143258 (1)

(Still learning about lighting for my minis... the bone trim on the shoulders is coming out as white, despite my most valiant efforts to prevent it)

Well I'm back with a slightly adjusted scheme... I'm liking this one much better.

IMG 20160510 221728

I'm starting to get an idea on these guys... The 5th edition Codex mentions that a successor chapter named the Knights Sanguine was consumed by war at. My idea is that at some point in the intervening years, the chapter is "recreated" using the same name. We've got some existing examples to back up such an event, and I think it'd be an interesting basis for a chapter. Reclaiming the lost glory they never actually knew and all that :)

Yeah, it does seem a little bit out of place. Back to red it is :)

I do plan to do bone for the veteran helmets. I've got 10 sternguard, 10 Vanguard, and 15 terminators set up to be painted during the ETL

Do you guys think I should do the standard BA helmet schemes for the Assault and Devastator squads? They might seem a little bit odd without the solid red armor as contrast. 

Hmmm. Metallics might be interesting actually. I might do an oily Silver for Devastators... Possibly an orange for Assaults? 

Well either way, we'll get there when we get there. I picked up some of the Astrogranite texture paint, so my vowed minis will end up being based this year. I might also pick up that Blood Angels transfer sheet to make sure these guys are completely painted, marked, and based for once. 

If you're doing bone for vets, then try some other colours out!

Personally I don't like the helmet colours and instead opted for weapon casings.

Tactical are Metal

Assault Yellow

Dev Blue etc

To build on this, how about stripes on the weapon casing? Just a single diagonal stripe each but maybe use the traditional BA colours. Simple, not overly obvious and easily ignored if necessary. :)

Incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of the differing helmet colours either (I prefer the idea of veterancy noted by the helmet being painted in the same colour as the trim).

Archived