Hey awesome nerds!

So, having announced my return to the Rock, my brain has been running a mile a minute with crazy conversion ideas. I usually do stuff for the "pretty" armies(Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Etc.). this will be a great opportunity to Grimdark it up a bit.

Sigh, Grimdark...........I miss you so much.

I loved the the feel of the older editions. That is where i will draw most of my inspiration. that, and the amazing artwork of Jes Goodwin, m

Mark Gibbons, Ian Miller, and of course John Blanche. while my hobby focus is going to be mainly conversions, i will be refining my painting as well. with the help of my mentor, Jah-Joshua, hope to take my painting to the next level by stepping away from the "GW" painting style. But converting is where my heart is.

I started this hobby with the inception of Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader. back then, we had to scratch build EVERYTHING. our grav tanks ere old deoderant bottles. our scawlers were repurposed Zoids. our walkers and fliers were made out of old model kits. and don't get me started about terrain!

but i digress. 

i am starting a commission conversion business. i have had huge success in my local meta with this. so, with the prompting of my friends and former clients to attempt a more global approach. well, we'll see how that goes.

Now, to the purpose of this thread is twofold. first and formost it will be a sounding board for the unforgiven army of mine. and secondly it will hopefully be a interactive subforum thread to promote the building of a better dark Angel.

i cant be the only one that thinks some of the newer minatures are absolute crap! so brothers lets really do the Lion proud and show the world why LEGIO PRIMUS is the best.

unfortunately, i was never about photographing my commissions. but, that is changing. but, as I now need to build a portfolio, i will photo everything.

i just have to remember, that while the client is buying the final product. the process is mine.

Archived