South East London

JJ-McGuinness

Hey,

I know there are a number of 40k players in London but I am looking for a regular meet up so i can learn the ropes again, near or around Bromley (happy to travel over the river).

Anyone know of a group or an area with a number of players?

J

• 4 months later...

There's two places in Bromley, so far. GW bromley (is of course a gw store, so that might put you off), but we have a quite nice set of people (again, one or two exceptions). If you're looking at returning to the game Wednesdays are nice and calm, friday evenings are best for finding people for games and are usually the social night (however atm there's a mini ZM campaign on), saturdays are alright, sundays are swamped with rather high pitched children...

Then two doors down from there you have Warboar, a FLGS. Which quite conveniently also serves food and alcohol :wink: Usually open quite late into the evenings, very big Magic crowd, but they have a full floor upstairs of gaming boards to play on if you can band together a few friends. It does cost however :/ Can't say much about the 'club' there since I mainly just go in for bits or with friends I know, but friendly all round, heard talk of a 30k/40k club there once or twice.

There used to be a regular club in the Library, but that was years ago, doubt they're still there.

Edit: That is if you're still looking for somewhere :laugh.: Just saw the date of your post

Edited by Aeternas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The South London Legion play in Croydon on a Wednesday at least and play multiple gaming systems, the few guys I know from there are decent fellows, you can find them here: http://southlondonlegion.blogspot.co.uk/

A little further out the Hydra Gaming Club are based in Tunbridge Wells and have a lot of AoS, 40k, 30K and Infinity as well as a few other miniature, RPG and card games rearing their heads, we play on a Thursday night in a venue with a bar. Facebook Group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170458519807784/ We have a forum which has some info as well: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hydragamingclub/index.php

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I know there are a number of 40k players in London but I am looking for a regular meet up so i can learn the ropes again, near or around Bromley (happy to travel over the river).

Anyone know of a group or an area with a number of players?

J

I'm a member of SELWG and a lot of our members are based in or around the Bromley area (though the club is in Catford). You can often find the members in Warboar near the Glades shopping centre (and you can always get games there too). Although i'm new to 40k (mainly play Warhammer fantasy) I can say the club always has multiple 40k games going on and everyone is really friendly. The club is open around 6.45-11 on a Friday and games are normally organised via the club FB page and sometimes via the club forum. Nick is probably the committee member you want to speak to if you come down as he loves his 40k.

EDIT: Apologies should have looked at the date of the original post!!

Edited by Knoffles