+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Half way done with my vow.

It's amusing that this land raider is the smallest tank of my lil pledge biggrin.png

And the amazing blue continues! :tu:

Long time lurker emerging here to do my bit for the cause, Im currently in the middle of my final school exams so my progress will be slow until july, but I thought I'd get my foot though the so I don't miss the cut off.

I vow the following:

A World Eater Centurion for the glory of the XIIth. A legion champion with a jump pack and melta bombs for 110 points.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag471/Elkoatl/20160517_191642_zps7yh6s5h9.jpg

Three Thallax I got second hand from ebay, with one chainblade, melta bombs and a photon thruster for 180 points.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag471/Elkoatl/s-l140_zpsbktmfsb5.jpg

I have more I hope to add later, a domitar on the way, more astartes and hopefully a knight, but this will serve to start.

Clank

Welcome Clank! Love the difference is size of the pics of the two components in your vow! :lol: Good luck!

Fixed it for ya! :lol:

Anyways, when you do get the new vow in, let me know either with a new post here or via PM so I can update the first page accordingly.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Team AoD is killing it. Talk about a Great Crusade! So proud of my Frater!

Time for an update from me... Apologies for my radio silence and general absence for the last couple of weeks. We're gearing up to move house and trying to sort the mortgage and all that is just the worst. On top of that, work has been absolutely killer over the last fortnight.

But! The ETL waits for no man, nor his petty excuses. Update time!

gallery_67188_8872_328480.jpg

Space Wolf Chaplain is done! Wooooo! Just in time for the end of the month for March of the Legions.

gallery_67188_8872_26070.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_270661.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_87449.jpg

Base and block colours are down on all the Iron Warriors stuff. Starting to figure out washes and so on to break up the big mess of silver/iron I've managed to create. Hazard stripes terrify me, but I shall persevere.

gallery_67188_8872_255334.jpg

Oh man. I love this kit. Why didn't anyone tell me that Knights were so much fun?! Now... The damn layering up from Zandri Dust to Screaming Skull took me literal days. The top carapace armour bit took me all of Sunday afternoon and most of yesterday to get to a good, smooth finish, but damn if it isn't the best painted thing I've ever done. So lovely and smooth...

Now to ruin it with battle damage and transfers!

Also... Would anyone be willing to send a poor, desperate man some House Griffith transfers? It seems I've made a tactical error in assuming they were still available.

StruManChu: the conversion work on the Space Wolf chaplain is awesome!! How'd you do the fur on the cap?? Love the pose too. The knight looks epic as well, love how dynamic he looks!!! 

Team AoD is killing it. Talk about a Great Crusade! So proud of my Frater!

Time for an update from me... Apologies for my radio silence and general absence for the last couple of weeks. We're gearing up to move house and trying to sort the mortgage and all that is just the worst. On top of that, work has been absolutely killer over the last fortnight. 

But! The ETL waits for no man, nor his petty excuses. Update time!

Dude, I think that's the coolest conversion of the B@C Chaplain I've seen yet. Sooo beardy :D

Also, mega points for use of Tartaros Terminators!

Negligible progress for 2 weeks but progress all the same. Ideally looking to get the Ultramarine contingent finished by the weekend. Then I shall have a stab at the VIII Legion

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160531_210054_zpsqjelqf9t.jpg

I've not assembled the 10 man vet squad yet, I want to get something painted to completion to get me in the groove, think if I finish the Achilles Alpha I'll be psyched enough to spend the night building them then the weekend painting

Still working on the Kinghts but progress is too slow to track. I took a break today and started on the Infantry portion of my vow so that I could check in and keep up to date with progression.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/meadows88/ETL%20V/E6FDE391-1FD8-413F-9358-D82F3D4FC773_zpszm5kglw4.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/meadows88/ETL%20V/3229CA53-E56B-419A-8D2C-181A66FCE680_zpsyee1agpc.jpg

Still have the details and clean up to do but I am liking how they are shaping up so far.

Aeternas, those Night Lords are supremely cool.

Especially love the Techmarines sword though

Thanks Dantay smile.png The Techmarine sword is good from certain angles, but lacking from others unfortunately sad.png The model though...never have I seen so many cables!

I assume the Marine on the ground is a Salamander? It surely cannot be a Dark Angels as you'd have to reposition the miniatures completely... tongue.png

Just this once, it's a Sallie. Don't you fret though Captain, the Angels will certainly feature in some of the other work for the ETL...black does look so good riddled with holes... biggrin.png
I've reached the point of my vow where I realise I pledged a full 40 men, and I'm barely through 10...
This is going to be a long ride o_o
Sons of our fathers...
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg4_zpswpp5y7nl.jpg?1464804125898&1464804126830&1464804129981&1464804138106&1464804147594
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg3_zps7hfrmyg6.jpg?1464804125898&1464804126830&1464804129981&1464804138106&1464804147594

Pledge one in the tank! (hehehehe tank...)

Pledge two for the ETL will be up once I can take a photo of the minis as they're currently taking a bath ;)

gallery_84024_11617_269771.jpg

//Nevindar

StruManChu: the conversion work on the Space Wolf chaplain is awesome!! How'd you do the fur on the cap?? Love the pose too. The knight looks epic as well, love how dynamic he looks!!!

Thanks mate! The fur is just a couple of blobs of green stuff which I then attacked gently with a very sharp knife. Only the second or third time I've really done any green-stuff-ing like that, and I'm pretty pleased with the result! And yeah, the Knight was a blast to build. Super simple conversion, just a couple of cuts below the left knee, and it frees up a whole lot of motion and posing possibilities.

Dude, I think that's the coolest conversion of the B@C Chaplain I've seen yet. Sooo beardy biggrin.png

Also, mega points for use of Tartaros Terminators!

I know, right? I saw the head on the new-ish Exalted Deathbringer for AoS and couldn't get past how good it would look as a Space Wolf. And thanks for the feedback. It's probably one of my favourite conversations that I've ever done, so it's nice to have my opinion vindicated! biggrin.png

And Tartaros for life! I think they look fantastic, and who can say no to Sweeping Advance with a 2+ save?! I've had them lying around since they came out and I got halfway towards painting them up Marines Malevolent, so Iron Warrior-esque hazard stripes are very much in their DNA. Let's just wait and see if I can do them any justice.

So I've come down with a head cold thanks to the coming of winter; and today I decided to start really getting into my betrayal at calth boxes, haven't even built the full contents of 2 boxes yet.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/20160602_173558_zpsq7esfic5.jpg

So I have built;

40× Tactical

20× Dispoilers

5× Autocannons

5× missile launchers

5× breachers

5× recons

10× Terminators with Lightning claws

4× Apothecaries

2× techmarines

3× contemptors

2× praetors

1× chaplain

Still got so much :cuss to assemble

Edit: it's awfully quiet guys.... it's reminiscent of last etl when people started procrastinating and we ended up losing etl iv.... I know it's only week 3 but come on let's try get some wips and vows going to motivate your Brothers in arms!

So I've come down with a head cold thanks to the coming of winter; and today I decided to start really getting into my betrayal at calth boxes, haven't even built the full contents of 2 boxes yet.

Still got so much censored.gif to assemble

Edit: it's awfully quiet guys.... it's reminiscent of last etl when people started procrastinating and we ended up losing etl iv.... I know it's only week 3 but come on let's try get some wips and vows going to motivate your Brothers in arms!

The Potato has passed his exam. The Potato will finish pledge #1 this weekend. The Potato will then pledge a further 3k points. The Potato cannot be stopped. The Potato is inevitable. The Potato is now considering trying to scrub his Salamander Tartaros terminators and repaint them as World Eaters for ETL.

No procrastination here, got 21 models to paint, 5 landspeeders to convert, 10 telerac pattern choom guys to build and a lvl 3 NVQ in horticulture due to be finished in August :p s'all coming together. S'all coming together.

I may not be as inevitable as the Potato but I have gotten married and been on honeymoon (still currently on it) since the start of the EtL. When I complete my second vow I will have beaten my amount from last year by over 500pts. Not a huge achievement compared to some but it's good for me. Still, I'm looking forward to shrinking my painting queue lol-at least for a little while.

I haven't been up to much for the last couple of days because I managed to pick up a nasty cut on my index finger and everything I had on that made it pretty much impossibly to use a brush with any degree of accuracy. The bandages have just come off today, and I should be able to get back on track either this evening or tomorrow.

I'm optimistically hoping I'll get my latest vow finished (or at least the CHOOM squad and Delegatus) by the end of Sunday, but we'll see.

The Potato has passed his exam. The Potato will finish pledge #1 this weekend. The Potato will then pledge a further 3k points. The Potato cannot be stopped. The Potato is inevitable. The Potato is now considering trying to scrub his Salamander Tartaros terminators and repaint them as World Eaters for ETL.

While I appreciate your determination God-Potato... The scrubbing of your Salamanders would be heresy most foul. Especially if they were made to be traitorous World Eaters. Do not forget your brothers on Nocturne! tongue.png

I should have my first vow completed in the next day or two!

While I appreciate your determination God-Potato... The scrubbing of your Salamanders would be heresy most foul. Especially if they were made to be traitorous World Eaters. Do not forget your brothers on Nocturne! tongue.png

I should have my first vow completed in the next day or two!

Do it!

The XIIth got really good at re-painting Salamander armor during the heresy, especially with all the practice they got after Istvaan 5 :D

I actually haven't painted much latelly because Total War Warhammer and final exams don't blend well time wise... But I'm starting to paint more and have 3 justaerin on the way. Once that's done it's just 5 reavers to go and then vow 2, which I don't know if it will be 3000 points or if I should take a safer vow (this is still my first ETL). What do you guys think? I'm pretty sure I can paint more than 3000 points but should I risk it?

Archived