+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

I failed. I actually pulled an all-nighter, and was working right up to the cut off... But there was way too much tedious stuff to accomplish. That and the tracks to the typhon wouldn't go on right once I started to glue them. Dry fit them a dozen times just fine, but once glue was involved, they wouldn't cooperate. This batch of models is cursed I swear.

Awesome work here from everybody who completed!

If we've actually pulled this off it's one hell of an amazing achievement. Regardless of winning, or the lack thereof however, something deserves recognition.

SOMEONE PAINTED NOT ONE BUT TWO WARLORD :cuss TITANS

Happy to say I completed my modest vows!! Learned a lot about brushwork this time around- really stretched into some new oil territory with the leviathan... Heck I even magnetized his arm!!

To those of you who rocked out for the AoD I raise my glass to you!

Thanks for the updates, encouragements and amazing frater

Vow2 Finished (tabletop lvl for now...but finished sweat.gif )

med_gallery_9146_7882_281775.jpg

Mithril.

Loving your yellow, please tell me there is a magic trick to do that and not 1 million layers of yellow?

@ Thousand Eyes -

Yes there is magic there cool.png base spray with corax white then paint a thin layer over everything with Ushabti bone,Hardest part is here*- blackline the whole model with an Agrax/medium mix(it's required to create the shading in recesses effect) then overall coat of Casandora yellow(2nd coat in specific area's to taste after first dries) paint metals and black areas as you would normally(but very carefully,as you don't want to wreck your yellow) then your done. its not the richest deep yellow but its fast if you want to crank out an army of em tongue.png

Mithril

Vow2 Finished (tabletop lvl for now...but finished sweat.gif )

Mithril.

Loving your yellow, please tell me there is a magic trick to do that and not 1 million layers of yellow?

@ Thousand Eyes -

Yes there is magic there cool.png base spray with corax white then paint a thin layer over everything with Ushabti bone,Hardest part is here*- blackline the whole model with an Agrax/medium mix(it's required to create the shading in recesses effect) then overall coat of Casandora yellow(2nd coat in specific area's to taste after first dries) paint metals and black areas as you would normally(but very carefully,as you don't want to wreck your yellow) then your done. its not the richest deep yellow but its fast if you want to crank out an army of em tongue.png

Mithril

Thank you for that, would not have thought of doing it that way. Will have to give it a go :)

While we wait for the results and Semper's final announcement, what's next on the table for everyone?

I originally wanted to do some Mechanicum stuff for the ETL before my mother got sick, and I want to get back to that.

I was looking forward to your Mechanicum too, should be good to see you back at it.

I will be finishing off my five tanks for my Armoured Spearhead tournament list and another ten Veterans plus a Maloghurst conversion based on the Visions of Heresy artwork. Then I might do my Air Support wing...then my Knight house...and I need to get back to my Emperors Children...

It is truly endless

Since the "extras" for my Shattered Legion project have mostly been done (pending Blood Angels/EC and the forthcoming Thousand Sons) I'm keen to make a start on my Alpha Legion proper. I've got the majority of them primed but I feel the scheme needs more work so I'm booking myself a workshop with a commission painter to try and nail it down to a manageable level. Given it was his recipe I used for my Curze I'm confident I'll get something half decent from it

I was looking forward to your Mechanicum too, should be good to see you back at it.

I will be finishing off my five tanks for my Armoured Spearhead tournament list and another ten Veterans plus a Maloghurst conversion based on the Visions of Heresy artwork. Then I might do my Air Support wing...then my Knight house...and I need to get back to my Emperors Children...

It is truly endless

It does seem endless sometimes, and I'm currently looking at making another resin order.

I'm currently working on converting my 5 Castellax and trying to figure out what to do for my Inar Satarael counts-as, as well as what color scheme to go with.

Reaver, Warhound, Knight Lancer. I could almost play the new Adeptus Titanicus/Epic in 28mm scale.

and then more Luna Wolves, Mechanicum, Miilitia, Solar Auxilia

Mechanicum is glorious.

Super  keen for the Skitarii upgrades.

Very much looking forward to seeing what you do with Mechanicum, BCK. Especially this notion of converted Castellax. ohmy.png

I myself am taking a short break from the Legiones to paint up the loathsome ratmen I bought for the AoS Summer Campaign and then ignored for the sake of the ETL... But once they're done (and I've spent a bit more time in the Commonwealth Wasteland, because I still haven't finished Fallout 4) I'll be plunging headlong into a project I've been thinking about doing for ages that will unite the various elements of my painted 30k stuff.

Sent out by Dorn following the civil war on Mars, Sigismund gathers together a disparate coalition force and leads them out into the wider Segmentum Solar in order to do whatever he can to delay the traitor's arrival to the Throneworld, and buy more time for his father and the Emperor to complete the fortification of Terra. Loyalists drawn from the Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, Iron Warriors, Blood Angels, Iron Hands and Dark Angels band together to take the fight to the followers of Horus to hold back the darkness for as long as they can.

Obviously this is complete head-canon stuff, but I don't care! It's time to get the various armies that I've started finished, and hopefully this will give me the motivation to do so.

I've gone back to my main force, Death Guard. I'mean working on painting up my next two Cataphractii squads, then I might move onto their Spartans.

I got Event Exclusive Librarian in the mail yesterday, so admittedly I couldn't resist starting to paint him up as a Word Bearer along with my other Contemptor. I'll throw some pics up later, most likely.

Archived