'May You Live Forever' – A Company of Bitter Iron

apologist

IMG_4250.JPG

We saw him then. We knew him by the glitter of his bloodied hands, by the bulk and size and speed of him. Most of all, we knew him by the trail of the dead.

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

He strides - up and over the fallen. The Children of his brother - and his own sons.

IMG_4252.JPG

His fury is palpable. Otherworldly.

The fact that you can do work this good at a time when most folks are sleep deprived zombies is a testament to just how disgustingly good you are at this :D Cant wait to see him painted! i mean, i love FWs stock pose but this...This is better...

And would still match up to Fulgrim unless i miss my guess? :D

Just wow.... Why the removal of the rivets on his armor and what not?

He's made up of Perturabo and Vukan (to bulk him up a bit – the standard FW model, while awesome, looked a bit skinny to me). As a result, I had to trim back some of the IVth legion iconography.

The fact that you can do work this good at a time when most folks are sleep deprived zombies is a testament to just how disgustingly good you are at this :biggrin.: Cant wait to see him painted! i mean, i love FWs stock pose but this...This is better... And would still match up to Fulgrim unless i miss my guess? :biggrin.:

Ha ha – thanks! He should match up to Fulgrim. Perhaps one day I'll make my own and pose 'em together ...?

Anyway, making hay while the sun shines, here's his arms and head done:

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

Further updates as the day progresses, I hope.

Ta :)

The metal to skin was a bit intimidating (I've always been a bit hesitant with metallics), but was actually pretty simple. I paint the upper arm and part of the forearm as normal for skin, then mixed Boltgun Metal with Sotek Green. I used this to paint the hand and remaining forearm, then combined the remaining skin highlight mix with the metallic colour. I then simply wet-blended these together. Once dry, I highlighted the silver part with Runefang Steel.

I think using silver ink would have made the blending easier, as it wouldn't affect the hue and would give a nice sparkle to the mix.

Did you use Ferrus's arms? They are missing their vambraces and it's confusing the hell out of me hahaha also which head did you use? I'm guessing it's a modified Vulkan or Ferrus but I can't tell

Ta :smile.:

The metal to skin was a bit intimidating (I've always been a bit hesitant with metallics), but was actually pretty simple. I paint the upper arm and part of the forearm as normal for skin, then mixed Boltgun Metal with Sotek Green. I used this to paint the hand and remaining forearm, then combined the remaining skin highlight mix with the metallic colour. I then simply wet-blended these together. Once dry, I highlighted the silver part with Runefang Steel.

I think using silver ink would have made the blending easier, as it wouldn't affect the hue and would give a nice sparkle to the mix.

Thanks mate! Mixing in a little bit of green colour is a great idea.

Argh. Must've pinned it at a funny angle. I'll dig it out and get that sorted - ta for the heads up.

Grieux, in terms of painting? I basically painted it with a mix of yellow and white, then dropped in oranges and reds wet-in-wet and swirled them around. Once dry, I touched in red, orange and yellow inks and let that dry. I then used the point of the brush to get pure white into a few recesses before darkening the cooler areas with a mix of black and brown. Finally, I painted silver ink onto the flat areas.

Did you use Ferrus's arms? They are missing their vambraces and it's confusing the hell out of me hahaha also which head did you use? I'm guessing it's a modified Vulkan or Ferrus but I can't tell

Hey Luna! The hands and forearms are Ferrus', but I've grafted them to a set of arms from ork nobs. The main difficulty was carving away the bracers and straps from the forearms (honestly, whose idea was that? One of Ferrus Manus' main features is his silver arms - why cover them with bracers?)

Your take on Ferrus is definetly befitting of the epithet "Gorgon". He's no poster boy like Guilleman but the mini is ironically, beautiful in its own right. Well done good sir

This thread has single-handedly turned me from completely dismissive of Iron Hands as an HH option to them at least being on the radar (though IF still edge them for loyalists for colour scheme I think). Great work!

Archived