GW FAQ - Dreadnoughts P11, BA P19

Charlo

Murderfang is not str 10 (7 i think?) and only AV12, all our dreads are str 10 and we have the option of AV13 or more attacks with the DC variant. The Blizzard shield dread is pretty good, but it's only 3++ on front armor which is still tricky when podding them. 

Don't get me wrong the Errata by GW is awesome, but the issue of getting them into combat is still the same. It's time to order some lucious pods :)

Next question, why even bother with our dreads when it sounds like everything they have is better? I should just stop asking questions about other dreads because it just makes me sad lol. Furioso should be venerable! Lol

Well that's just the question isn't it? :)

The Frag Cannon is however amazing though. Nothing can compete there. We also have access to I5 and above on our dreads, which again is super powerful. Plus ours can be Psykers getting force and loads of ID attacks as well as supporting our army that way.

Ok, This is a great win for my Frag Cannon Furioso (even though I have to actually paint that Frag cannon, which I will be getting to very soon..).  It's also a great win for my Death Company Dreadnought with magnetized Magna Grapple (which I need to finish assembling and painting).  It's not good news for Cassor the Damned which I planned to use said dreadnought as, but whatever.  It means even my Multi-Melta AOBR dreadnought is all of a sudden a million times better, so there's that.

Next question, why even bother with our dreads when it sounds like everything they have is better? I should just stop asking questions about other dreads because it just makes me sad lol. Furioso should be venerable! Lol

Well that's just the question isn't it? :)

The Frag Cannon is however amazing though. Nothing can compete there. We also have access to I5 and above on our dreads, which again is super powerful. Plus ours can be Psykers getting force and loads of ID attacks as well as supporting our army that way.

I was hoping you were gonna have more on how our dreads have advantages besides the frag cannon and Libby lol. You're one of the more positive members! Lol

But no you are right, we have unique dreads that fit our army I think without being super over the top like murderface wolf man. Hopefully these "better" dreads are at least priced appropriately.

I am worried now that SW will get a rune priest dread that blows the Libby dread away lol

Well that's just the question isn't it? smile.png

I was hoping you were gonna have more on how are dreads have advantages besides the frag cannon and Libby lol. You're one of the more positive members! Lol

But no you are right, we have unique dreads that fit our army I think without being super over the top like murderface wolf man. Hopefully these "better" dreads are at least prices appropriately.

I am worried now that SW will get a rune priest dread that blows the lobby dread away lol

Aha! Sorry!

Really one advantage is that you don't have to take allies to use our dreads, where as with wolves to get pure dreads you'd need to take Bjorn (who is a whopping 220) and then two more minimum. Plus pods. So well over 500.

Another is that our Dreads can be buffed by some of our Auras. The Sanguinor, Corbulo and such can grant extra A/I/WS!

Cassor has an exceptional advantage that he is a Character and a TROOPS choice. So he can challenge as well as get certain buffs... Cast Quickening on him and see what a Dread with a possible 11 attacks on the charge does devil.gif

Well that's just the question isn't it? smile.png

I was hoping you were gonna have more on how are dreads have advantages besides the frag cannon and Libby lol. You're one of the more positive members! Lol

But no you are right, we have unique dreads that fit our army I think without being super over the top like murderface wolf man. Hopefully these "better" dreads are at least prices appropriately.

I am worried now that SW will get a rune priest dread that blows the lobby dread away lol

Aha! Sorry!

Really one advantage is that you don't have to take allies to use our dreads, where as with wolves to get pure dreads you'd need to take Bjorn (who is a whopping 220) and then two more minimum. Plus pods. So well over 500.

Another is that our Dreads can be buffed by some of our Auras. The Sanguinor, Corbulo and such can grant extra A/I/WS!

Cassor has an exceptional advantage that he is a Character and a TROOPS choice. So he can challenge as well as get certain buffs... Cast Quickening on him and see what a Dread with a possible 11 attacks on the charge does devil.gif

Now that's more like it! Lol

What's encouraging is that they listened to the feedback. So if there are any concerns when our FAQ goes live, not only is there a good chance of errata (Scouts), but any odd changes might become errata at a later date.

I've also asked about Cassor again on the FB page. We all know it's obvious he applies but there's always one chap...

Bravo gw and good news.

quick question does this affect forgeworld dreads? meaning does the leviathan go up to 6 attacks (with 2ccw's)?

No it does not. The Leviathan is to be used as described until FW say otherwise.

Interestingly, they did give Contemptors a third Attack following the latest C:SM and C:DA, but this was for 30k and not ours.

Bravo gw and good news.

quick question does this affect forgeworld dreads? meaning does the leviathan go up to 6 attacks (with 2ccw's)?

No it does not. The Leviathan is to be used as described until FW say otherwise.

Interestingly, they did give Contemptors a third Attack following the latest C:SM and C:DA, but this was for 30k and not ours.

Ahh shame, oh well take the positives where we can and today there are a lot of posatives to take. drop pods just became usable overnight, especially with the 1 grenade rule everyone seem'd to had missed (myself included) 

thanks for the speedy reply mate. 

^ lol. The internet did not miss the one grenade thing. I'm very curious to see if it stays that way through the final draft given the community's response.

Love that taking blood claws is subtly more viable now, though shred on S10 isn't really 'woo!'-worthy. I think I might still be sour about losing the way they used to work, I took out a lot of models with ol' blenderfists back then. This is a solid step back in that direction.

What's encouraging is that they listened to the feedback. So if there are any concerns when our FAQ goes live, not only is there a good chance of errata (Scouts), but any odd changes might become errata at a later date.

I've also asked about Cassor again on the FB page. We all know it's obvious he applies but there's always one chap...

Have you asked about the FW dreads? BA Contemptor for example?

Have you asked about the FW dreads? BA Contemptor for example?

There's no point asking on the Warhammer 40000 FB page about FW stuff. As for FW stuff, we need to wait for the FAQ to their books which are coming soonTM

Played a game with all 6 of my BA dreads today.

Still got tabled except for a 6 tac marines. Only three of the dreads even got into combat, Librarian died bouncing harmlessly off a Wraith Knight, regular dread got killed by an Autarch haywire grenade before he could attack and a deathcompany dread managed to die taking down a wraithlord.

Most effective dread was the regular plasma cannon/heavy flamer one. He at least killed 6 dire avengers in one shot when every other unit in the army managed to kill under 2.

Quickening is only +D3 though, right?

So 4(basic) +D3(quickening) + 1(BSF) = 8

Played a game with all 6 of my BA dreads today.

Still got tabled except for a 6 tac marines. Only three of the dreads even got into combat, Librarian died bouncing harmlessly off a Wraith Knight, regular dread got killed by an Autarch haywire grenade before he could attack and a deathcompany dread managed to die taking down a wraithlord.

Most effective dread was the regular plasma cannon/heavy flamer one. He at least killed 6 dire avengers in one shot when every other unit in the army managed to kill under 2.

That's really unlucky, a Librarian dread with force should have murdered the wraithknight!

Archived