GW FAQ - Dreadnoughts P11, BA P19

Charlo

What about point difference between things like VV power weapons and I think our Th/Ss termies are more expensive too right?

This is just codex creep and how we will be treated until our next codex drops. It is how it has always been.

Jolemai, I do have a couple of SoB questions: such as how many regular dreads can you take in the archangels strike force, and can a furioso librarian count for the HQ? I know it isn't stated, but it does give us a hard number on regular Furiosos.

Does the giant killer also count as instant death for GMC or just MC?

Can any of the unique squads in the Death Storm Data sheet be used in the Shield of Baal formations?

Can Lemartes and or death company Captain Tycho be added to the Strike Force Mortalis, without taking fury of the forlorn away from the squad they join? This is mainly about Lemartes as in time line Tycho is already dead right? But for game mechanic purposes I included Tycho.

I can't think of anymore questions that I wanted to ask, even though I was limited to just 1 when GW was taking questions.

One thing that i would like to see answered alongisde the Scouts stats, is :

- Does the Blood Angels Codex Frag Canon stats changes, given the recent change with the Deathwatch Frag Canon ?

(Actually, our Frag Canon is only Template 2 Str 6 ap- Rending, while the Deathwatch one possess another shooting mod that is Assault 2 24" str7 Ap3. So it would be good if our Frag Canon could obtain this second fire mod too.)

If the Deathwatch game came out before the FAQ request questions were made, then it may well be there. I imagine the answer will be like the original draft FAQ (as in: the frag cannon is as it states in your Codex but if your opponent allows...), but then, GW may have learned their lesson there...

In terms of actual FAQ's territory....things that need clarifying...there's not much I can think of that is misunderstood.

-Mephiston: ML3 but only gets to roll for 2x powers? And how does Psychic Focus affect him? His Sanguinary Sword considered from the "Sanguinary" discipline?

-Heroic Intervention: is that in line with the other' books?

-Corbulo: does his free re-roll affect the opponents' sieze?

Supplements: 

-Angel's Fury Spearhead; do the Tactical Sgts with Teleport Beacons have to be disembarked from the Stormravens to grant the No Scatter/Charge-the-Turn-they-Deepstrike rule? Are the Tactical Marines from the Formation allowed to Combat Squad with half each squad starting on the board, or do all 10x models/squad have to start inside the Stormravens?

These really are more in line with "new Codex needed" territory, but it can't hurt to push for constant awareness on them:

-Furioso and Librarian Dreads defensively on par with Ironclad Dreadnoughts (13/13/10)

-Scouts WS3/BS3

-Vanguard Veterans' Power Weapon/upgrade costs

-Vanguard Veterans Heroic Intervention

-Squadrons for vehicles

-Post DftS, our only Skyfire is now Flakk missiles......

such as how many regular dreads can you take in the archangels strike force,

You cannot. The datasheet only mentions Furiosos.

and can a furioso librarian count for the HQ? I know it isn't stated, but it does give us a hard number on regular Furiosos.

You can't. Only Captains, Chaplains and Librarians can fill the HQ slot.

Does the giant killer also count as instant death for GMC or just MC?

Only MCs. GMC is a distinct unit type.

Can any of the unique squads in the Death Storm Data sheet be used in the Shield of Baal formations?

Only if they are named as choices. Raphen's DC, Squad Alphaeus and Cassor the Dammed are distinct from the DC squad, the Terminator squad and the DC dreadnought respectively.

Can Lemartes and or death company Captain Tycho be added to the Strike Force Mortalis, without taking fury of the forlorn away from the squad they join? This is mainly about Lemartes as in time line Tycho is already dead right? But for game mechanic purposes I included Tycho.

That is a good question. The even more general question what happens if units in a formation have the ability to generate further units (like the Wolf Guard enabling you to purchase lone wolves) has not been answered.

Since I am not on facebook and have no intention of joining, maybe someone else can forward my questions, if they find them interesting as well:

- How can units with jump packs fulfil the rules for being of the jump unit type and being of the infantry type at the same time? One is allowed to embark on a transport, the other (generally) is not.

- Can Jump Infantry be affected by Wings of Sanguinius?

Since I am not on facebook and have no intention of joining, maybe someone else can forward my questions, if they find them interesting as well:

- How can units with jump packs fulfil the rules for being of the jump unit type and being of the infantry type at the same time? One is allowed to embark on a transport, the other (generally) is not.

They count as infantry in most regards.

- Can Jump Infantry be affected by Wings of Sanguinius?

Yes. Nothing stopping them at all.

"- How can units with jump packs fulfil the rules for being of the jump unit type and being of the infantry type at the same time? One is allowed to embark on a transport, the other (generally) is not."

In case of transport capasity - it should specificly mention the jump infantry unit type for ability to carry them (as in case of Stormraven) 

Eh, given how fast and loose we are with allies, you can take a Storm Wing or Crimson Death, or whatever you want.  Unless you are in a group being held to one CAD...

Yes. Nothing stopping them at all.

Actually it is the same problem as with embarking on a transport. Either Jump Infantry is a "friendly infantry unit" " or it is not. If it is not, the Psyker cannot target it. If it is it should also be allowed to embark on a transport (that does not have any special rule allowing Jump infantry to embark).

In case of transport capasity - it should specificly mention the jump infantry unit type for ability to carry them (as in case of Stormraven) 

I'm not talking about transports that explicitly allow Jump Infantry but about all others. The rules for jump units explicitly say that those units follow the rules of the unit type after the jump as well as the rules for jump units. So a Jump Infantry unit is allowed to embark on a Land Raider, because it must follow the rules for Infantry units,  and not allowed to embark because Jump Infantry =/= Infantry.

Confirmation on how many psychic powers Mephiston gains as the question is asked more than I ever thought it would be, and still pops up in games. I.e. Does he gain psychic focus?

I think this is the type of thing that we're trying to avoid.  This is in the rules clearly.  Yes he does. 

"If a Psyker has any psychic powers that are not part of a discipline, such as

Force, those powers are not considered when determining whether the Psyker
has Psychic Focus." 

Sanguine Sword is not part of a discipline.  Ergo.... he generates 2 powers, if both are from a set, yes, he gets focus. 

Side note- its mad unlikely - but could you just imagine getting a Demi-blade detachment ala Lionsblade and Gladius ><; 

I'd lose it.  Double-demi BA ftw. 

I can imagine it, but it won't happen before the next codex/supplement - and it will not give us any relevant benefit. Just like the Demi-Company we already have.

Double-demi with free transports (and reduced raven cost option for those transports) and a auxiliary that deep strikes and charges turn 1 with reduced scatter or an Angel's Fury-light would make me so har... happy.

@Quitus: I don't have my book on me, as it's almost 3,000 miles to the east of me. I thought you could fill the elite slots with any of your elites, the only restrictions being those within the asterisks.

@Morticon: I completely agree, however it is still brought up constantly. Also I would love that formation!

Side note- its mad unlikely - but could you just imagine getting a Demi-blade detachment ala Lionsblade and Gladius ><; 

ME too!

Except that I'd need to buy a lot of Tacs/ Devs...

@Quitus: I don't have my book on me, as it's almost 3,000 miles to the east of me. I thought you could fill the elite slots with any of your elites, the only restrictions being those within the asterisks.

Not quite:

Only units with the Blood Angels Faction, chosen from the following list (plus any Dedicated Transports that they are allowed to take), may be selected as part of this Detachment:

• Captain* (or Captain Karlaen – see Shield of Baal: Deathstorm)

• Chaplain*

• Librarian*

• Sternguard Veteran Squad**

• Terminator Squad**

• Terminator Assault Squad**

• Vanguard Veteran Squad**

• Furioso Dreadnought***

The asterisks only specify how many of certain unit you may have and that some units can be replaced by particular unique units. While this detachment does have a FOC, it is much more restrictive than our other detachments.

Eh, given how fast and loose we are with allies, you can take a Storm Wing or Crimson Death, or whatever you want.  Unless you are in a group being held to one CAD...

Well "just take allies" is the answer to everything. That's the problem.

Why are Chaos Space Marines players griping? Just take allies!

What leg do Sisters of Battle players have to stand on when complaining? They can just take allies!

Orkz? Just take allies!

'Nids? Allies!

It's a bit of a slippery slope, but you see my point. 

ME too!

Except that I'd need to buy a lot of Tacs/ Devs...

I think it's one of the safest bets out there that some form of Gladius (what's the over/under on it being actually called "Blood Gladius"?) will come whenever their eye turns back towards BA. The real question(s) is/are if it gives options for Free Transports, and if so, would the Overcharged Engines come free as well? 

Personally, I can forsee 3x different Core Formations: the "Blood Gladius of Blood," a variant of the White Scars "Stormlance Demi Company" for mech lists, and some sort of variant of the "Angel's Fury Spearhead" for the Descent of Angels fanatics (right here). I think we can safely guess that 2/3 of those in some shape will show up.

The other questions are whether the Archangels and Flesh Tearers will get their own Decurions or just be supra-Formations.

- How can units with jump packs fulfil the rules for being of the jump unit type and being of the infantry type at the same time? One is allowed to embark on a transport, the other (generally) is not

Isn't it the fact that the jump pack confers the Bulky USR that makes them unable to embark on Transports (unless specifically stated otherwise) - not the fact that they're Jump Infantry.

It's BRB not Codex.

- How can units with jump packs fulfil the rules for being of the jump unit type and being of the infantry type at the same time? One is allowed to embark on a transport, the other (generally) is not

Isn't it the fact that the jump pack confers the Bulky USR that makes them unable to embark on Transports (unless specifically stated otherwise) - not the fact that they're Jump Infantry.

It's BRB not Codex.

Bulky models have no issues entering transports, they just count as more models.

It is jump infantry that does it to them I swear?

Archived