GW FAQ - Dreadnoughts P11, BA P19

Charlo

I get the difference between FAQ (clarification), Errata (official re-working), and a new codex / new set of rules... What I would say is that there is some pretty fine hair splitting going on there. To suggest that scouts and dreads were addressed as blood angels suffered a disadvantage due to c:ba coming out before the c:sm, but then not address access to grav canons which occurred because c:ba came out before c:sm seems pretty picky...

Any how, enough said from me, I'll wind it in before the reclusiarch hits me with his crozius.

It is not a question of what came first but putting the right text in the right place. BA Scouts, BA dreads and BA Tacs/Devs need errata to make them more like SM units. An FAQ cannot change rules. Not errataing the weapon choices may be deliberate. After all we do get meltaguns on ASM and Heavy Flamers on Tacs, which SM do not.

I get the difference between FAQ (clarification), Errata (official re-working), and a new codex / new set of rules... What I would say is that there is some pretty fine hair splitting going on there. To suggest that scouts and dreads were addressed as blood angels suffered a disadvantage due to c:ba coming out before the c:sm, but then not address access to grav canons which occurred because c:ba came out before c:sm seems pretty picky...

Any how, enough said from me, I'll wind it in before the reclusiarch hits me with his crozius.

They weren't addressed because they were weaker; they were addressed because they were inexplicably and unavoidably different from the sm unit statlines.

I'm okay without grav-cannons, I would love them though. I'm overall satisfied with the answers and clarifications. I have asked a couple of questions that we brought up. I don't like how they answered the Frag cannon Overwatch, but I did ask about having the 2 firing types for it.

I expect they will rule it the same way they did heroic intervention.

Having Dreads (inc. Cassor) and Scouts brought in line is fantastic for now, and better than things not being addressed.

Just have to hope other things like Command Squad options and Vanguard weapon costs get an update down the road smile.png

One melta bomb instead of three.

And power fists, lightning claws, and thunderhammers are similarly reduced as well.

The vv options and terminator prices need fixed.

As far as I'm concerned if I ever meet any of you upon the holy ground of terra, you can use the costs for vv upgrades and terminators from the codex: space marines. Y'all deserve it and I wouldn't feel right taking such an erroneous advantage.

I agree with previous posts that a lack of errata gives me hppe that we will see an update sooner rather than later (by the end of the year is my hope). I also believe that though we should be brought inline with C:SM, I don't want us to just be made the same as them. I would rather have different toys and rules for my Flesh Tearers and be unique, rather than be ultra smurfs who got a red paint finish on his armour. I believe most of us would agree to this as we have chosen the Sons of Sanguinius over the Marines that, to me at least, feel like just the flavor of the week.

This from FB: "Our Battle Company has objective secured and red thirst. Codex marines get upto 1,000 free points worth of upgrades. Plus their chapter tactics, plus objective secured...Our only option for free upgrades is in our supplement, and even then everything has to remain in reserve and can't do anything until turn 3+. Codex marines even get a better start playing formation. Instead of 1 turn feel no pain and it will not die. There is a lot of want for BA players right now. I try very hard to stay positive but It's not just war gear options and units. We should be able to take the sky hammer formation, we should be able to contend with codex marines in terms of a battle company. I don't want all of the things codex marines have, I want Blood Angels. I don't want to be absolved into the Codex: Marines. I want to keep my identity as a Blood Angels General, while being as good as their cousin astartes."

Brothers, we still have a chance to get more errata! Leave comments on facebook!
I personally commented about unit costs (termies, land speeders, vanguard veterans), Cassor, Librarian Dreadnought, Stormravens formation etc.

It would be nice if as many of us as possible express our concern.

Who knows, maybe GW will listen. Dreadnoughts are the proof that this is quite possible.

Overall I'm pleased with the upgraded stats and errata on the Scouts and Cassor.  I had not considered running him before, but may yet depending on how I wind up writing my list.  He's certainly a very good distraction carnifex now for sure. 

I would have liked to have seen more, but who wouldn't after all, and I hope that they do expand a bit based on feedback to the first draft.  We'll see what we can see in the long run once they make the final versions available. 

Take it easy for now.

-Red__Thirst-

This from FB: "Our Battle Company has objective secured and red thirst. Codex marines get upto 1,000 free points worth of upgrades. Plus their chapter tactics, plus objective secured...Our only option for free upgrades is in our supplement, and even then everything has to remain in reserve and can't do anything until turn 3+. Codex marines even get a better start playing formation. Instead of 1 turn feel no pain and it will not die. There is a lot of want for BA players right now. I try very hard to stay positive but It's not just war gear options and units. We should be able to take the sky hammer formation, we should be able to contend with codex marines in terms of a battle company. I don't want all of the things codex marines have, I want Blood Angels. I don't want to be absolved into the Codex: Marines. I want to keep my identity as a Blood Angels General, while being as good as their cousin astartes."

Meanwhile at GW HQ: "Boss, can I tell these entitled BA players to sod off and wait until we are ready to receive their cash for a new Codex that will become redundant in three months?  Or would that be bad for PR?"

It's not all doom and gloom mate.

Of course not.  But it hasn't been good since C:SM release either.  Don't mind me, I'm actually incredibly happy about Scouts being viable troops again, and Cassor is a great Troops option to have even though I love me my Tacticals.  This is just my happy self.

It would be nice to get the 2 d3s and I personally think it makes sense for us to have it that way. If you have a squad with Sgt 2 HF and a heavy flamer, you get 3 d3s right?

Having said that I don't think it would be that bad for us if it is only 1 d3 for the dread. I feel like their bigger problem is being shot at, not being able to dish out enough damage in over watch doesn't seem to be that big a deal.

Disclaimer: I am inexperienced and could be very wrong!

The Helbrute had its points reduced by to 100 just after their book was releases through their FAQ:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Chaos_Space_Marines_EN.pdf

That was because the points cost was printed improperly in some of the runs, might have been limited to specific language though. So it was them reconciling which was the correct points cost.

Archived