GW FAQ - Dreadnoughts P11, BA P19

Charlo

I saw this too...

You also cannot have casters in the same unit attempt the same power, even if they both know it :/

Personally, I don't mind it - with the new disciplines the amount of easy and successful casting was crazy, it's better to just have to choose 2/3 powers you want rather than just go crazy.

Actualy you can attempt, just can't cast same power more than once.

Where are you finding the FAQ's, I look on GW and a bit on the Black Libary but I can't find any of them.

On their FB page. Check the News and Rumours section on BnC for more info.

Edit: Ninja'd

Yes they are Draft FAQ only, not set in stone. Until they're on the GW website they are not fully kosher!

Where are you finding the FAQ's, I look on GW and a bit on the Black Libary but I can't find any of them.

On their FB page. Check the News and Rumours section on BnC for more info.

Edit: Ninja'd

Yes they are Draft FAQ only, not set in stone. Until they're on the GW website they are not fully kosher!

I do not think that they will ever be there, at least not for long. This is probably going into that 7ed reprint update later this year.

There is a draft out for Skitarri and Cult Mechanicus today.

Folks, don't get your hopes up for anything other than a get you by fix at best: it's an erratum and FAQ not new content after all and it might not even happen...

There is a draft out for Skitarri and Cult Mechanicus today.

Folks, don't get your hopes up for anything other than a get you by fix at best: it's an erratum and FAQ not new content after all and it might not even happen...

Moreover -I  hope that BA don't get FAQ. In this case we can see new codex.

Although it also has to be a new rulebook edition as well.

Rather, direct your hope on the rumoured campaign book for BA and Nids, Wulfen-style. It may give BA the boost they need msn-wink.gif

Eh, did we not already get this with Shield of Baal? Another BA campaign book, so soon? Pass on the salt..

Rather, direct your hope on the rumoured campaign book for BA and Nids, Wulfen-style. It may give BA the boost they need msn-wink.gif

Eh, did we not already get this with Shield of Baal? Another BA campaign book, so soon? Pass on the salt..

It's a minor rumour probably drawn from a logical conclusion more than anything. Also remember it's probably not until later in the year and SoB:E was at the end of 2014!

Errata/codex FAQ for me would be the simple flesh outs. Dreadnoughts, Furious charge to be considered chapter tactics or not. The clarification of relics/artifacts, and if Brother Corbulo's Far-Seeing Eye can re-roll a modified re-roll special condition I.e. Re-roll all successful saving throws and a feel no pain roll or not. (I realize that it says "saving throw" but the re-wording of feel no pain has made it a little wonky.)

Please don't make furious charge a chapter tactic. There is just no need.

Sincerely, someone who wants to abuse 3+FNP allied Iron Hands.

Alao FNP is not a saving throw. So no reroll. Very clear.

Nah shouldn't be clarified, not even because of that. It's because the DA and wolves aren't counted as it. And until we get an eternal warrior relic if like the option to take a beefy allied chapter master without losing furious charge and such.

I know it shouldn't count for FnP, but it is still a saving throw that isn't a saving throw. And thus can be interpreted by different people in different ways.

The Feel No pain rule is painfully explicit, and anyone that is confused is advised to read the rule:

"this is not a saving throw..."

Actual, honest to Sanguinius quote, straight from the text.

I agree with you guys. But it still comes up more than you would think. It's the same as a save can never be better than 2+ but then people trying to make FnP a 1+ etc. I've always played it as such, but I've still had dialogue about it with other players.

Edit: to be honest I'm actually less concerned with the FnP roll and more concerned with the special roll modifiers.

Oh yes, for sure - thankfully this one is easily resolved. It wasn't always that clear, and has only specifically been "not a save" since 6th ed, I think. Before that it was definitely uncertain what it was.

Some more FAQs came out yesterday which could mean we get ours by July...

I do have some concerns looking at the latest raft of FAQs

1. It is based on the rule questions people put forward and given our book doesn't have too many rule concerns, I doubt it will be very big (especially as the frag cannon query made the BRB FAQ)
  2. What we need is errata and on current form, the errata sections are minimal - so a lot of folk will be disappointed

Or they just did the shortest/easiest/least controversial codex FAQs first.

A man can hope...

And yet the Plasma Siphon is still iffy!

Eldar Starcannons are noted to be plasma weapons in the fluff, yet no effect from the Siphon!

Does it also affect Titan level weapons?

Otherwise I quite like the rulings so far.

Archived