GW FAQ - Dreadnoughts P11, BA P19

Charlo

And don't forget Quickened Librarian Dreads, they get right up there with 7-9 Force weapon attacks on the charge. smile.png

Shouldn't it be 8-10 if the dread attacks with the force halberd?

2 base +2 houserule +1 two melee weapons +1 charge +1 furious charge + d3 Quickening = 8-10

Possible to use Quickening on Cassor as a character? If so, that's a lot of death...

Thats the whole reason to use Cassor, he turns into a blender with a libby babysitter.

Libby and Cassor used to be staples in my armies... Why did I never think of this!?

I know who's being chucked into my next list...

We've decided to play +1 attack for now today in my game.

Opponent seems scared msn-wink.gif

But the 'official' homebrew solution was +2 attacks! Can you just homebrew an official homebrew like that!? laugh.png

Am I the only one who sad?

Generally speaking - I had a couple of games when I had an approval to have a 4 attack base on my Death dread... so I don't need GW approval for houseruling (not to mention it's written in rulebook)

And what happens when I'l take all my 5 dreads, take librarians, tell my friend what they do? He will _ me off. 

How is that conceptually different from - I want my Dante/Seth to have an orbital strike - they are Chapter masters why wouldn't they?

But that is ridiculous and unfair.

Game already have that many controversal themes - why multiplying this?

If they want +2 attack - why not errate this? If they don't - why suggesting contrary?

Not to mention how lame it sounded that they couldn't update other codicies - Space wolves tablet enhanced wulfen edition came out after 9 (!) month and it's 

digital - still no updates for their dreads.

They better not to include that Designer's note and leave as it is (2 attack per codex), saving right answer for updated versions. Or made a propper Errata (including hellbrutes)

In answer to that question, I'll just copy what I wrote on the rumors/announcement forum:

"...these remain the official characteristics until such a time as they are updated." Sooooo, if you play those factions, :cuss you for the next 4-5 years, right? Play it with extra attacks if your opponent lets you? Fine, but why stop there? Just go all out and play a fan made codex. In fact, why buy any GW products at all? Use fan made everything for your games. Army Men Astra Militarum here I come. These anti consumer policies are starting to really hit a nerve. 

In answer to that question, I'll just copy what I wrote on the rumors/announcement forum:

"...these remain the official characteristics until such a time as they are updated." Sooooo, if you play those factions, censored.gif you for the next 4-5 years, right? Play it with extra attacks if your opponent lets you? Fine, but why stop there? Just go all out and play a fan made codex. In fact, why buy any GW products at all? Use fan made everything for your games. Army Men Astra Militarum here I come. These anti consumer policies are starting to really hit a nerve.

Yesterday your dreadnoughts were 2 attacks, period. Today unless your opponent is totally unreasonable you can use the "Roused to War" rule. I don't see any reason to go negative at this point and "4-5 years" is hardly the trend of Codex releases we've seen as of late.

So the Space Wolves Codex FAQ is out (Don't stop reading this is relevant).

One of the last points in the errata relates to their dreads and ours. It states that attacks remain at 2... But suggests an in house ruling update that brings attacks up to 4 to match Dark Angles and codex Space Marines. Apparently they felt dreadnoughts weren't pulling their weight so increased attacks from 2 to 4 after codex BA and Codex SW were published.

So basically they won't change the stats, but back the idea that gaming clubs should allow players to negotiate it upto 4 for the sake of parity and common sense.

Thought that was worth sharing.

URL provided: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1632423303744969&id=1575682476085719

Archived