Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

Today I got another company commander/platoon/etc unit finished and a turret to count as an annihilator:

http://i.imgur.com/tWisMVW.jpg

The barrel is magnetised too :smile.:

Where is the gun from? Is it a scratchbuild or something different? It looks great :biggrin.:

Edited by Inso

Today I got another company commander/platoon/etc unit finished and a turret to count as an annihilator:

http://i.imgur.com/tWisMVW.jpg

Where is the gun from? Is it a scratchbuild or something different? It looks great :biggrin.:

Thanks mate. It's from the Dark Angels Fortress of Redemption, it came with 2 and is ive been meaning to find a more suitable job for them

• 2 weeks later...

Today my IG... took their first steps to having a proper leader- manged to find an open umbrella at 40k scale and have the old Artel heroic commissar so with a headswap and an enlarged base the plan is to have my general drinking a cup of tea while an aid holds an umbrella over him.

Not a hero pose but instead a boss pose.

Edit: actually really excited about this- been looking for the umbrella for this conversion for ages.

Also got a basilisk, some infantry, and a hydra base coated yesterday but that's way less exciting than the umbrella and cup of tea general. 

Edited by MrZakalwe

I just figure it's a general with an aristocratic background and a cultural requirement for acting unimpressed- he wouldn't be waving swords or guns around, that's way too excitable!

Really like the commander.

Edited by MrZakalwe

Today my IG... took their first steps to having a proper leader- manged to find an open umbrella at 40k scale and have the old Artel heroic commissar so with a headswap and an enlarged base the plan is to have my general drinking a cup of tea while an aid holds an umbrella over him.

Edit: actually really excited about this- been looking for the umbrella for this conversion for ages.

Also got a basilisk, some infantry, and a hydra base coated yesterday but that's way less exciting than the umbrella and cup of tea general.

Pics or it didn't happen :teehee:

Took a variation of Geoff Robinson's BAO list out for a spin. Lost a close game to tau in a wierd mission, tied primary, lost secondary. 2nd game was custodes assassins helvirins. Rerack after turn 1 shooting phase as I was stacking his bodies deep. 2nd game was pretty much a repeat. Pushed up the board, killing things, his terminators could only drop into his own deployment zone about 6" from board edge.

Pics or it didn't happen :teehee:

Yup, definitely want to see it when it's done!

Today I took a family photo of my WIP Cadian force.

Cadian Regiment WIP

Started collecting c. 15 years ago, got distracted after a couple of years then picked it up again around this time last year.

Edited by duz_

I'll second that WOW  :eek:...:woot: 

and yeah some more detailed pics would be most wanted !! 

i see you still need to base some(i know you did say WiP) gee basing all those models... :wallbash: 

Cheers, Mithril 

Thanks guys!

Yeah it is a lot, I got carried away with rescue projects for tanks on ebay in January and doubled the number of tanks I now own.      :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: Have added another Basilisk and Shadowsword now, though haven't worked my magic on them yet!

Yeah basing them is a daunting task, I think Stirland Mud and a quick drybrush might be the solution for the masses.

Models are all back in their cases now but I have taken a few closeup photos over the year;

Militarum Tempestus Plasma

Managed to paint up 30 Scions in one batch, took a photo of all the Plasma in one place.

Auxilia Bullgryns x9

New addition was more Bullgryns, I wanted more melee in my army so having these barreling up the board sounded like fun.

Guard and Knights

Just some of the humble guardsmen with Knight backup.

Had a spare moment earlier so grabbed some models and took some close ups.

Enjoy!

Creed

Just finished painting Creed. Base is still drying but rest is done!

AM Company Commander

One of my Company Commanders, tried to do some funky lightning on power sword, dunno if it really works.

Hector

Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex, the first model I painted after getting back into the hobby, dived right in at the deep end with resin!

Greyfax

Need to redo Greyfax's face...

AM Company Commander

Another Company Commander.

AM Special Weapons

Forge World special weapons, really like these models, may make some more.

AM Infantry Squad

Got 100 of these guys now, just need to paint them...

AM Astropath

Astropath that came with Hector Rex.

Took the recently-painted intake of my Lamb's World Guard to battle at the weekend. So enthused, I've started an expansion. :smile.:

13.jpg

+ Caef (the Lamb's World term for senior officer) Whittaker oversees an command post. +

The figure's a RT Commander with Elysian bits to help tie him in with the rest of the army, which is largely converted using Elysians and Cadian respirator heads. As you can see, there are bits and bobs from all over the place, too.

16.jpg

The army as a whole (right side of the image). This is a shot from the game with my pal Lucifer216, who brought his gorgeous Bezoan Skitarii to battle.

10.jpg

+ Lief – that is, junior officer – Moorway issues orders prior to combat.

23.jpg

+ The Civilised World of Lamb's World (principal export: liquid water) might not supply the best-trained, best-equipped or best-motivated soldiers, but they faithfully – and usually with a certain gallows humour– execute their duty to the Emperor. +

19.jpg

+ Lamb's World troops advance over the top during the Ambush at Snakepit Plains +

If you'd like to read the battle report, you can find part I here: Tensions Over Neues Treno +

Edited by Apologist

Oh I think I have Rex somewhere and that Astropath! Might have to paint him up!

Your stuff looks great! :thumbsup:

How do you plan to tackle your 100 unpainted cadians?

Doing all 100 colour by colour is the fastest, but it's pretty soul destroying. If it gets to the point where I lose interest I then just paint one model to completion. Seeing a finished model does wonders to your painting enthusiasm.

Decided to switch over to Catachan. Ordered Straken, Harker, a Ministorum Priest, Master of Ordnance and three Hellhounds (well, Chimeras because they're half the price and I'll convert them). Straken, Master of Ordnance and the Priest arrived so finished painting them today. First game with a full Catachan brigade (plus a Supreme Command with a Shadowsword) is next Thursday.

Needless to say my opponent is not looking forward to dealing with 80 catachan troops on top of all that armour.