Blood Angel Flavor Discussions

Phiasco

I can see the sanguinor being dad's will made real

He might need a better sword if he comes back though

How will our big names react though? Will we simply be released from the rage?

Surely if he just rocked up it would be a similar situation to the swallow novels where no one will actually believe it's him and just another chaos trick

As long as we're getting a bit rules heavy with the discussions here, try this home brewed Sanguinius character sheet my buddy and I came up with and have played several games with. We tried to focus on two things: fluff representation and under poweredness.  Seeing as how my friend was using primarchs with released rules we didn't want to super fan boi plot armor Sanguinius up too much. Here's what we came up with:

Sanguinius
WS 8, BS 5, S 6, T 6, W 6, I 7, A 5, L10, Sv 2/4                 450 Pts

Special Rules:
-Primarch (Independant Character, Eternal Warrior, Fear, Adamantium Will, Fleet, Fearless, It Will Not Die, Master of the Legion)
-Sire of the Blood Angels (Sanguinor Bubble, Descent of Angels, Gives Blood Angels Fleet, Blood Angels May use his Leadership)
-Bulky
-Angel's Wings (Sanguinius is a Jump Infantry, see Angels Wings relic)

Wargear:
-Artificer Armor
-Iron Halo
-Frag Grenades
-Blade Encarmine (Str: user +1, AP: 2, Master Crafted, Shred, Two Handed, Deathfire)

What do you think? Did we achieve optimal fluff without going overboard on the power level?

Perhaps you could give him the Spear of Telesto.  I know the JS novels aren't looked to kindly upon by most but it would give him some ranged out put.

Ranged:  R: Template   S:5  AP:2  Deathfire

Melee:  R: -    S:+2/User   AP:2/3  Master Crafted, Two Handed, Deathfire 

I think he also needs hit and run.

With Russ likely being released with this forge world day and the Lion still to come, I foresee with my far seeing eye many a Dark Angel and Space Wolf player recreating the brawl between them lol. Then maybe, emperor willing, Sanguinius!

It's good to be a loyalist.

With Russ likely being released with this forge world day and the Lion still to come, I foresee with my far seeing eye many a Dark Angel and Space Wolf player recreating the brawl between them lol. Then maybe, emperor willing, Sanguinius!

It's good to be a loyalist.

A heresy box with these two legions would be interesting.

Archived