The Black Reaches (DW) - OOC

Cryptix

Astartes have Concealment and Silent Move as Trained skills? Wow.

I would like to note that when Crypix rolled my characteristics, he just went down the line, I didn't get to rearrange the numbers. Hence, the 3 Ag advances just to get up to 40 (well, plus I started 5 lower than most due to my homeworld).

I mean, I do that too and the only real important stat for my Character is the 49 which would be in Weapon Skill Anyways.

So I can always swap them back to their original order and still have my sweet, sweet, 64 Weapon Skill which is all I really want  for him :p

I mean, I do that too and the only real important stat for my Character is the 49 which would be in Weapon Skill Anyways.

So I can always swap them back to their original order and still have my sweet, sweet, 64 Weapon Skill which is all I really want for him tongue.png

I might wait for Cryptix before you change it up. He might be fine with it, and I'm not going to complain if you get to make your character more fun.

I got lucky with my initial WP roll (and a pretty good BS roll to boot).

Look at that . . . WP 62. That's 1d10+6 (minus the psyker's WPB) Impacet damage to an attacking psyker's face that ignores armour, TB, and probably TB (tuberculosis). tongue.png

Watch, as we never, ever, encounter Psykers of any kind LOL

Yep. But I can't say I'll be sorry to not have to fight a Farseer. I have no idea of their stats, but I would imagine they are pretty scary.

But if we do fight a psyker, or Emperor Forbid, a Deamon, Inellia's abilities will come in very handy for everyone, even the Ion Hand (as I continue to poke him with a metaphorical stick) tongue.png

Excerpt from my Character Sheet:

Melee attacks made by Inellia, and those within 4 metres of her, count as holy and blessed

Insanity, Fear, Pinning, Intimidation

Immune to fear, pinning, and intimidation

Never gains insanity points from the sights of blood, death or violence, or any mundane horror (not so useful against Daemons . . . )

May spend a Fate Point to avoid gaining Insanity Points (lasts until the end of the encounter)

Corruption

May ignore a single gain of Corruption Points of any size/source once per session

Whenever Inellia would gain corruption points, the amount by is reduced by 5

+10 to WP tests to resist mind control or Malignancy when self-flagellated, -5 to all tests when not self-flagellated (yep. Inellia removing her armour (don't worry, it won't be weird) and hitting herself with a knotted rope in the middle of a mission is something you might have to deal with)

May spend a Fate Point to avoid gaining Corruption Points (lasts until the end of the encounter)

May test WP as a Free Action to ignore the effects of accumulated Corruption Points for 1 minutes

Psychic and Daemonic Enemies

see ability in green above

Immune to Daemonic Presence

+10 to tests to resist effects of psychic or warp based effects (including daemonic abilities and sorcery)

May re-roll failed WP tests to resist psychic powers that affect the mind

When Inellia is the target of a psychic attack of any kind (including direct physical attacks using telekinesis) she may force the attacking psyker to make a WP test. If they fail, they suffer 1d10 + WPB - (attacking psyker’s WPB) Impact damage to the head, which bypasses armour and TB

When Inellia spends a Fate Point for Pure Faith (see abilities in red), 2x WPB targets become immune to Daemonic Presence

Creatures with the Daemonic trait must pass a +0 Willpower test each Round to attack Inellia

May burn a Fate Point to resist the effects of any single Daemonic or Psychic attack

May burn a Fate Point to make Inellia and 2x WPB allies immune to the effects of Daemonic presence, Fear tests and Corruption Points. All effected targets get +10 on tests made to resist psychic attacks or other forms of psychic manipulation, and take half Damage from psychic and warp sources. These benefits last until the end of the encounter

And now we really won't see any psykers or daemons. Aww, now I'm sad.

I mean, if we really wanted to, we'd be using Grey Knights and the Ordo Malleus, now wouldn't we :P?

JUST LET ME HAVE THIS ONE THING!!! :D

Is there even rules for Grey Knights?!

Can I get stat rolls to make my char sheet with, is there gonna be choice or do you need to roll for each stat

Roll for each stat, and just use Orokos.com when rolling. You can just post the link to 4he roll. See Morovir's character sheet for an example.

I mean, if we really wanted to, we'd be using Grey Knights and the Ordo Malleus, now wouldn't we :P?

JUST LET ME HAVE THIS ONE THING!!! :D
Is there even rules for Grey Knights?!
Yes. In the Daemon Hunters book for DH1E. They weren't normal permanent PCs, and I haven't looked at the rules yet, but they exist.

Oh, and since this campaign is moving forward, I'm going to assume you are ok with Inellia having a plasma blaster unless you say something to the contrary . . .

Yeah, stats are 2D10+30. Per the Core Book, you get to swap one with another and have a re-roll that you can allocate however you want BUT you must keep the re-rolled value.

Also, Cryptix, I assume that my Rolls and stuff were OK?

Looks good slip.

And banjoboy, yes knowing which direction to point your bolter would be nice. Otherwise we might have to request for Kharvox to...modify you.

Yup, it's ok

Cool! Thanks!

Since Inellia's supposed to be these Space Marines' handler . . .

+ Thought For the Day +

+++ The Emperor's will may only manifest in those who are themselves stout of heart and pure of soul +++

+Ave Imperator +

If I do continue to do these, they will all be something I just come up with at the time . . .

I mean, if that does happen to me, I become an Emperor's Champion per my Chapter.

So.

Yeah.

I'd love for that to happen since I'd get a bunch of swag.

I mean, if that does happen to me, I become an Emperor's Champion per my Chapter.

So.

Yeah.

I'd love for that to happen since I'd get a bunch of swag.

That would be pretty awesome! If you aren't with a full crusade though, how do you get a Black Blade and all the other cool stuff?

An unfamiliar Templar wakes you in the middle of the night, bearing the Emperor's gifts to His chosen crusader . . .

I mean, the Deathwatch probably has the swag of a Fallen EC who was Seconded to the Watch. But what I'd really need to become an EC is a BT Chaplain to anoint me (since Rites of Battle has Emperor's Champion as an Available Distinction)

Or Something.

I dunno, its the Deathwatch. At worst, its a Black Sword, at best its a super swanky C'tan Phaseblade as a substitute :p

My character arc will be to bring our rag tag bunch of misfits together and become the Watch Captain, but I'll otherwise become a badass gunslinger, once I can get two-weapon wielder. Really undecided just know I'll be a tactical marine.

I mean, depending on how things go, my list of options on "how to become and even greater badass" is:

• Chaplain
  • Champion
  • Keeper
  • First Company Vet
  • Honour Guard (First Founding has this as being Ultramarine Specific but, really, anyone can take it).

Or, if worse comes to worse:

• Leviathan/Contemptor Dreadnought.

<p>

I mean, depending on how things go, my list of options on "how to become and even greater badass" is:

• Chaplain
  • Champion
  • Keeper
  • First Company Vet
  • Honour Guard (First Founding has this as being Ultramarine Specific but, really, anyone can take it).
Or, if worse comes to worse:
  • Leviathan/Contemptor Dreadnought.
I wanna see a BA Librarian Dreadnought!

Archived