The Black Reaches (DW) - OOC

Cryptix

I mean, I wouldnt bother right away...though that said I do have a Backup Lamenter Assault Marine and Star Phantoms Devastator tongue.png

I guess the group would still need a handler, so I could roll up an Interrogator or Inquisitor to use in case you guys manage to get your first handler killed.

If Inellia does die, you can expect her replacement to be much less friendly (since it's his life on the line, and his predecessor met an untimely end).

If I really want to be a jerk, I can see about building him with killing Space Marines in mind (if such a thing is even possible). *diabolical laugh*

But I'd really rather just not lose Inellia in the first place.

If an Inquisitor went out of their way to kill Space Marines, hed be lynched by other Inquisitors faster than a man being immolated to death after screaming "im a heretic" at a SoB monestary.

You dont waste Space Marines without a veeeeeery good reason.

If an Inquisitor went out of their way to kill Space Marines, hed be lynched by other Inquisitors faster than a man being immolated to death after screaming "im a heretic" at a SoB monestary.

You dont waste Space Marines without a veeeeeery good reason.

I didn't mean I wanted to hunt you down and kill you out of hand, I meant that I could make a character that might be capable of taking you down if you got out of hand. Kind of a joke.

Oh, I gotchu dont worry tongue.png

But that would probably require an Astartes of your own to do properly hahah!

Or, you use this as one of the few legitimate excuses to call up a Vindicare, assuming the Marines actually deserved to die. tongue.png

Also, I'm sure the Templar would help out!ohmy.png

Hum. I guess I should clarify that I write the number fifteen thousand as 15,000 and the number seven tenths as 0.7 (since the use of the comma and the period in numerical notation varies from place to place).

+++

Arch-Magos Geran Olthale considered the envelope that lay before him. It's crisp white edges contrasted sharply with the bright red Inquisitorial emblem printed on it's back. Geran turned the envelope over, noting that the wax seal binding it was imprinted with the emblem of the Adeptus Ministorum, as expected. He was unable to understand why one would insist upon such an incredibly impractical form of correspondence. An astropathic relay would have delivered the same message in a fraction of the time, not to mention the authority required to ensure a physical letter was faithfully transferred from ship to ship en route to its destination.

Altogether unorthodox, but not entirely unprecedented, at least, not for Geran. Already knowing who the letter was from, Geran broke the seal and removed the document inside. His former self would have been quite pleased to receive correspondence from this individual, but such paltry thoughts where no longer a part of the Arch-Magos. Unfolding the high-quality scrivener's paper, Geran saw the strong, steady script of the message. In flowing high gothic. Chirping in an unpleasant fashion, Geran fed the archaic script through his internal translation circuits, recording the message in proper binary cant within his memory coils. Bringing up the file internally, he reviewed it's contents.

The message was from Sister Inellia of the Order of the Valorous Heart, as he had known it was. Geran had served with the Sister for 1336.085 days, until approximately 12,151.137 days ago. He had been a junior Engineseer at the time, and none to pleased to have his work interrupted by an Inquisitor. He and Sister Inellia had worked together well, despite their differing theologies. Furthermore - without the Sister - Geran, along with the rest of his cell, would most likely have been killed.

On the other hand, the Sister's zealous actions had terminated their efforts toward stealth on several occasions.

Removing himself from memories decades gone, Geran returned to the matter at hand: Sister Inellia's request. It seemed she had recently been assigned to a Deathwatch kill team composed of Astartes of dubious faith. The human Geran would have found that amusing. The Sister was concerned that her Godwyn-De'az Bolter would not be sufficient to best some of the xeno she would likely encounter. She asked for Geran's help in selecting and acquiring an appropriate armament for her upcoming assignment.

Geran's mind began to whir audibly - he always found the selection and modification of weaponry quite satisfying, even pleasant, which had been the primary cause of his stint with the Inquisition. First, he perused his personal collection of singular weapons, but nothing fit the Sister's need, so he proceeded to his drafting table. Within the hour Geran had drawn up a set of blueprints, and handed them off to a servitor. They would be taken to his private forges, which he reserved for personal projects such as this.

Three days later the weapon was finished. Geran inspected it once more before handing it off to a transport vessel which would take it directly to Sister Inellia; a weapon of this craftsmanship was worthy of such singular treatment, and between the Sister's Inquisitorial authority, and his own power as an Arch-Magos of the Mechanicum, it was not hard to gain the services of a small voidship for a few weeks. The weapon itself was superbly wrought. It's twin plasma barrels sitting one over the other, and a laser sight built in between them, in order to counter the reduced range of such a configuration. In accordance with the Sisters' fondness for promethium, a flame nozzle was fixed below the main barrels. Although it's small fuel vessel could contain only enough promethium for a single burst, it would be useful whilst the main weapon's plasma firing mechanism recharged between volleys. Geran had refrained from featuring the Mechanicum Cog Wheel to prominently upon the weapon, relegating it to the base of the hand grip. In accordance with the Sister's wishes, the weapon featured Ecclesiarchal emblems on each side, but lacked any Inquisitorial iconography. She did not wish to be openly marked as an agent of the Ordos.

As an afterthought, Geran ordered a cargo servitor to load a crate of Inferno bolts for the Godwyn-De'az pattern onto the shuttle. Sister Inellia would certainly not mind his inclusion of them as an unsolicited gift. Satisfied that he had fulfilled the Sister's request, Arch-Magos Garon returned to his workshop to continue his examination of a particularly tricky piece of archaeotech, to which he had already lost a full dozen of his best servitors.

+++

Edit: So it is as I asked for previously - Plasma Blaster with Red-Dot Sight and Exterminator Cartridge, and Inferno Bolts for Inellia's Boltgun.

Updated Inellia's character sheet.

Here's the new link, the old one probably still links to the outdated character sheet, and may break.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6I7dUBoJLwfVjR3el9ZcHlLc2s

I didn't realize that an Exterminator had to be replaced after use, not simply reloaded, so I assume the one's on Inellia's plasma blaster are custom made for the weapon (no rules context, just fluff). I also assume she has a crate of them, or that she can refill them between missions with the proper equipment. GM choice.

I'm also going on the assumption that she has a crate of inferno shells (part of the little story I wrote) and somewhere to get her other ammo. Perhaps the Deathwatch quartermaster can provide for her, and if not, maybe she can contact her order.

I suppose if she cannot refill the Exterminators and she runs out (I haven't specified how many she has, again, GM choice), she will have to contact the Arch-Magos to get more made.

Since this is Deathwatch, where the book says weapons come with "adequate ammunition for the mission" when you requisition them, I didn't think this would be a problem, but let me know if it is.

Oh, and I have an actual rules question: How long does it take to replace an Exterminator? Can it only be done between encounters (how many minutes)? If it can be done in an encounter how many/what kind of action is it? Is this duration affected by the Rapid Reload or Quick Draw talents?

Just so you know, theres a system to create your own chapter in Rites of Battle.

No these guys are white scars successors similar enough to the Whites Scars that they'll be played like a normal successor, Rites of Battle came before the rest of the first founding was created

Inferno Bolts - yes

Where? - Armory, has to be requisitioned each mission.

As for reload time? No idea. Look where you got the rules for it, and if not treat it as a combi-weapon.

Inferno Bolts - yes

Where? - Armory, has to be requisitioned each mission.

As for reload time? No idea. Look where you got the rules for it, and if not treat it as a combi-weapon.

Sure! Since I'm pretty unfamiliar with this, and since Inellia doesn't have Renown RAW (she has Ascension Influence), how exactly will it work? Will I start with 0 ammo and have to requisition before the first mission?

Well, the Exterminator is an item in the DH main book, and it doesn't mention replacement time, just that replacement is necessary after every mission, so I will look into the Combi-weapon rules in DW.

Thanks!

Edit: the Combi-Weapon simply reduces the secondary weapon's clip to 1, where as an Exterminator has to be physically replaced according to the DH book. I'd be fine treating Inellia's as re-loadable (like a combi-weapon), if that's what you want. Otherwise, maybe the Exterminator can only be replaced between encounters? Up to you.

I would just say that you start at Respected Renown, but you got a deal with the Quartermaster that you can get any Human-level equipment for free due to your inquisitorial status. IE, you still need the established renown for bolters and such, but lasguns and sister bolters you can get at respected. And yeah, treat it as a combi-weapon but make it take 2 Full actions for the reload. 

I would just say that you start at Respected Renown, but you got a deal with the Quartermaster that you can get any Human-level equipment for free due to your inquisitorial status. IE, you still need the established renown for bolters and such, but lasguns and sister bolters you can get at respected. And yeah, treat it as a combi-weapon but make it take 2 Full actions for the reload.

Does my Rapid Reload talent cut that in half like it does other reload times?

Oh, and thanks for the Renown explanation! I'm actually hoping to have to do some under cover stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived