AoS Blood Warriors as Khorne Bezerkers / Vets

T0MMY

Hi gang. So my parents randomly bought me the Age of Sigmar starter box (they've never really understood the difference between Warhammer and 40K bless em) and my immediate thought was to exchange if for something 40K related... but having looked at the models in more detail the Blood Warriors are actually really cool. And big. So I thought I'd get involved in a few conversions to see how well they lend themselves to being 40K marines. I'm on a bit of a pause with my heresy world eaters anyway, so I figured I'd indulge myself.

So having popped to the local GW and picked up (what must be the longest standing box set in the hobby) some Khorne Bezerkers I set about replacing the blood warrior stabby shield things with good ol bolt pistols. This is surprisingly easy, even with the "quick build" style of miniatures you get in the box.

I couldn't bring myself to cut the axes off as they're so brutal looking - so these guys might end up being axe-wielding veterans rather than actual bezerkers.

Backpacks fit not too bad too, just a bit of green stuff to fill the gaps.

I reckon they look suitably 40K now; and much better than standard chaos marines. I've gone and got myself another box of blood warriors so I can play some more! Plus there's the awesome icon bearer and lord in the box - just add backpacks! (I hope).

What do you guys and gals  think?

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/llltomlll/yer%20im%20a%20geek/IMAG0519_zps34fygyip.jpg

I think they work really well! The leather boots can be exchanged (Dark Vengeance Chosen legs work very well for this) or sculpted over, but it all comes down to how much trouble you want this to be and/or how confident you are in your kitbashing/sculpting skills.

Thanks for the responses guys - glad you like them. I hadn't noticed the boots until you pointed it out and now they're all I can see!! I think rather than chop all their legs off (doable, but tricky) I think I'll have a go at lopping off the boot-tops to make them less obvious... watch this space.

I've now worked up the khorne icon chap. Haven't added any weapons (he comes with a mace but I've left the cross-piece off so it's a huge axe - I get the feeling my army is going to be very axe orientated!) but have added the requisite backpack and sneaked a shoulder guard in - pretty tight fit with helmet and icon - had to lose a spike off the latter. I took a bit off the neck so the helmet was lower and changed the direction so he's looking down the axe at some peasant he's probably about to chop in half.

Also tested my green-stuffing by attempting to model the arse-end of power armour... it's closer than it was anyway.

C&C welcome.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/llltomlll/yer%20im%20a%20geek/IMAG0520_zpsqp5o5cvh.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/llltomlll/yer%20im%20a%20geek/IMAG0522_zpsdk29llat.jpg

Sorry for the double post - question re. the Khorne Lord dude.

Based on his size (see below) and enclosed helmet area do you guys reckon he could count as a terminator lord? This means I don't need to give him a backpack (terminator power plant under cloak).

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/llltomlll/IMAG0523_zpsaqzggdre.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure he is quite big enough for terminator counts as, plus the outline doesn't look very terminatory.
Overall though, these guys are great, apart from a couple things (such as boots) I don't think I would have noticed they weren't originally marines during the game.

Archived