Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

Hello all!

I thought I would share this test model I did for my Thousand Sons army. This will be another slow-burner project. But I plan on adding quite a bit to it in the future. It's a Thousand Sons army with Daemon allies!

Here is Ahriman:

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ahriman.jpg

And I just finished working on this chap. A quick test model to get a rough idea of the paint scheme and to play about with the base.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ts2.jpg

Edited by Tzen

Well... That's fair. I guess! Have to mention this, your Ahriman's blues have a slightly ethereal 3rd edition 'cartoony' vibe, which I really really like and I can't identify the paints you used. Your 1kson, while quite lovely, strikes me as the standard ultra-recipe of macragge, altdorf(maybe), calgar, fenrisian grey. Its lovely, mind you, but I'd LOVE to see you roll the 1ksons in that Ahriman scheme

I actually can't remember the paints I used for Ahriman, I knew I wanted him to be a lighter shade of blue so he stood out from the rank and file troops, so I think it's probably Teclis blue (is that a colour?). I want to do the Sorcerers all the same sort of shade so they are different from their squads. 

The rank and file chap is a little darker than ultras, I used Kantor blue as his base, but I totally 100% get what you mean. It's not a far cry from the ultras! Luckily I am just testing about with them at the moment. I want to get two squads of Thousand Sons painted up. I am gonna use my spawn as the flesh changed, and then maybe something big to top the army off. After that it's daemons!

Truth is I am open to ideas about what I could add to the 1K Sons. They are fairly limited really.

Not only awesome Word Bearers, but also Thousand Sons from you? Sub'd instantly.

As for adding new stuff - when I was returning to my Chaos army in 2011 I was choosing between Night Lords (then I read DtD blog and the rest is history) and Thousand Sons, so I actually was thinking about the same problem as you. So first, as Kraut has already mentioned, terminators and tzaangors, you can never go wrong with those. Another possible option is Thousand Sons warcoven taken from the old Apocalypse book: a unit of chosen sorcerers (so in terms of rules they could be chosen looking like sorcerers). According to the 3.5 ed 'dex TS could not use Raptors, Havocs and Bikes, but I think any other unit from the dex will fit just well for them.

Oh and don't forget tons of horrors.

Hope my opinion will help you somehow. Good luck with this project!

Edited by DarkVen

Thanks for all the great suggestions! :D

I think some terminators would be great, maybe some of the themed cultists. I think I may have to rely heavily on Tzeentch daemons either way, but I am sure I can come up with some weird and wonderful things along the line! 

Maybe some Tzeentchy Oblits... :o

Yeah, I love the books. great reads! :D

I am hoping to add a few extra bits and pieces, but I think I will have the basic HQ and two troops and if there is any credence to the rumours about Tzeentch I'll add to them as and when. 

I want it to essentially be a Tzeentch Daemonkin army... just you know... without the supporting book! :D

I want it to essentially be a Tzeentch Daemonkin army... just you know... without the supporting book! :D

Waiting for them to release the other Daemonkins here too :(

I look forward to seeing your spawn! :tu:

Sounds like a plan to me Bio! :D

I haven't had much chance to work on these as I have been mega busy, but here is a quick WIP pic!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/tswip1.jpg

Looks like a metal band photo! :D

So far the plan is to have two units of nine (including sorcerer obv), and then I will just randomly choose what to add next. I am not making a competitive force here, just want a cool themed army! :D