Don the black - BL wip

Nelzon

Man, you've really hit your stride with those Chosen/Raptor conversions! Excellent stuff! I especially love the spliced-together head on the guy with the ribcage-y breastplate!

Those Varanguard-based Terminator torsos, though? That's simply brilliant -- that's what Chaos Terminators should look like in the first place!

I really love those conversions. Simple yet very efficient. My favourites are these guys:

gallery_93442_12333_400384.jpgespecially the one on the right.

Terminator torsos are really fine too. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I try to give every model some character, I think I got it right with the 'Bring it on'-chosen.

Boiling water eh? Sounds easier than cutting them up. Cheers!

Dragonlover

It's alot easier with pure resin, you can bend that alot more compared to plastic. WIth plastic you have to boil the bits quite long and be quick with the bending since it hardens alot faster.

Man, you've really hit your stride with those Chosen/Raptor conversions! Excellent stuff! I especially love the spliced-together head on the guy with the ribcage-y breastplate!

Those Varanguard-based Terminator torsos, though? That's simply brilliant -- that's what Chaos Terminators should look like in the first place!

Thanks man! I really try and make every model stand out as much as possible. From what I've gathered individualism is quite a central thing among the followers of chaos. Only the strong will reap the rewards and spoils of war. The ego and lust for greater power fuels contest and rivalry among the ranks. The ones who excel and become Chosen need to look the part, I kind of want that to show in my models.

...more terminator stuff soon.. got some ideas! Though I really need to figure out how to make cooler shoulder pads... haven't found anything that looks good enough yet, nothing that really fit in well with the theme and terminator-look.

I totally agree with you regarding the individuality -- although that approach doesn't exactly make for easy assembly-line-style army production ;)

Regarding the Terminators, you've probably already dismissed the WFB Chaos Knigth shoulder pads, but they can work really well and would compliment the more organic, rounded shape introduced to the models by the spliced-in Varanguar breastplate. Or maybe the shoulder pads from the Blood Warriors might be worth a look?

I totally agree with you regarding the individuality -- although that approach doesn't exactly make for easy assembly-line-style army production :wink:

Regarding the Terminators, you've probably already dismissed the WFB Chaos Knigth shoulder pads, but they can work really well and would compliment the more organic, rounded shape introduced to the models by the spliced-in Varanguar breastplate. Or maybe the shoulder pads from the Blood Warriors might be worth a look?

Haha, I soooo don't want to even think about how much cash I've spent on different bits all over ebay. Not counting model kits, it would probably be alot. But hey it's a hobby, it's ok if it costs a bit cash - if it's something you really like doing it's worth it.

Hm I think I'm going to have a second look at the Chaos Knight and Blood Warrior shoulder pads. I think you might be right about them working with the Varanguard torsos.

Also, I'm guessing a lot of the close combat weapons are from the Varanguard kit?

Dragonlover

Hm so far only two weapons, but more will come. I've used the daemon sword with the Dark Apostle, and the Tzeentch axe on the sorcerer staff.

Working on a terminator now that will wield the Varanguard hammer with one of the shields from the same kit. Stormshield/Thunderhammer combo ala Chaos!

With regards to your proposed 'gunslinger', you could have him aiming a bolt pistol with one hand, while the other hand carries/fires a regular boltgun. If you were to have him firing the boltgun from a sort of 'braced hip'  posture and throw a fat leather sling on it and you could have a cool mini.

With regards to your proposed 'gunslinger', you could have him aiming a bolt pistol with one hand, while the other hand carries/fires a regular boltgun. If you were to have him firing the boltgun from a sort of 'braced hip'  posture and throw a fat leather sling on it and you could have a cool mini.

This gave me an idea! I got 2 setups of legs that could work in making a mini in braced-hip-firing position.

This gave me an idea! I got 2 setups of legs that could work in making a mini in braced-hip-firing position.

Awesome! I look for seeing what you come up with.

These are some absolutely beautiful conversions, I especially love the Lucius conversion, I think he epitomises the look and feel of the CSM artwork, the guy with the power axe and the bring it hand is an absolute boss too!

This is exactly what I'm going for, so it gives me quite a good feeling reading a comment like this, cheers!

I really like the Chosen conversions, you've got a good eye for selecting just the right bits.

Looking forward to seeing them painted.

Thanks man :) I just got to figure out the gold and then I can start painting for real. But for now conversions comes first, I dunno why but I can't seem to be able to do both at the same time.

I really like the Chosen conversions, you've got a good eye for selecting just the right bits.

^This^

Your kitbash-fu is strong - coming along super nicely here :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it! I tend to spend quite some time researching bits before I start cutting/building. Trying to keep things in line with the DV-look.

I got a bit bored with infantry models.. so I had a go at this chap. I think he turned out alright. Some small tweaks here and there, I might give him another gun arm instead of a close combat weapon. But that means ordering from ebay and that takes both time and money.

gallery_93442_12333_537388.jpg

gallery_93442_12333_423997.jpg

gallery_93442_12333_652354.jpg

gallery_93442_12333_301347.jpg

wonder what GW would call it.... HelGrinder?

Nice work on the Knight so far, although I have to admit I am not a big fan of the head -- just a matter of personal taste, though.

Agreed. It's a cool idea, in my opinion, but the neck's too long for it to suit. Besides that, it's looking good.

Hm, I will look into it, I just dislike the original head so much, but I got an idea how to maybe fix that.. 

• 2 years later...

I totally agree with you regarding the individuality -- although that approach doesn't exactly make for easy assembly-line-style army production :wink:

This turned out to be soooo true :D

Archived