Trilogy 4 (alpha) - Escalation

Sigismund229

For additional irony, 'Blood Shall Have Blood' is the name of a section in Retribution, during a Shattered Legion assault on the World Eater world of Bodt.

Very true. Either IV.

Btw, if anyone suspected the author of the blurb is meant to be Ellan Temeter, correctamundo. I like the idea that she eventually becomes a co-author of the Historica Motus or whatever it gets called

Ah, that explains the different ending. I was wondering.

Yeah, I'd toyed with recycling the end but thought better of it. Do we have established remembrancers in other fluff from the project so far?

There's an Italian-ish remebrancer-turned-drunkard in my early VE fluff.

Would a traitor author blurb fit in? I'm not sure whether we're looking on these as remembrancers tales (thus loyalist only) or the god's-eye reader type. Because I have an idea.

I echo Skal, unless Sigi specifies particular equipment or organisation. There may be some regiments (other military units are available) who rival the Solar Auxilia. Organisation-wise, I assume they're drawn from across Mycenae and assignedon a basis of need, as opposed to the tribal basis for everything among the Bears.

The main difference between Leonic Auxilia and SA is that the LA are more akin to Tyrants legion in terms of how they operate, as I have said before. Their regiments are commanded by legionaries and some units have squads of legionaries attached to act as shock troops/company level leaders. Whereas the SA can operate independent of the legions, when the Leonic Auxilia take to the field there's always CL there to a greater or lesser extent.

Although I did actually have a questions about that:

does it tread too much on the Warbringers toes? If so I'll rewrite it and just say they're SA recruited from the Dominion. And if that's the case, we need to think of a faction to replace them

Edited by Sigismund229

• 3 months later...

So, I'm not sure if this thought has escaped the PMs, but with the Cognis moving to Book 8, I thought this would be an excellent place to feature the Heredes. The idea is that the Heredes, although pretty thoroughly punished by the Berserkers, can represent the pinnacle of an anti-Astartes regiment. They can represent how the Imperial Army is evolving to better counter the Traitor Legions.

Also, it occurs to me, shouldn't the Nightguard feature prominently in the Siege of Cadia ?

Any chance we could change "Escalation" to something a tad more exciting? Onslaught, Cataclysm or something like that?

Also, with the trilogy thing, perhaps including the Heredes would be a good idea for one campaign.

Edited by bluntblade

So, I'm not sure if this thought has escaped the PMs, but with the Cognis moving to Book 8, I thought this would be an excellent place to feature the Heredes. The idea is that the Heredes, although pretty thoroughly punished by the Berserkers, can represent the pinnacle of an anti-Astartes regiment. They can represent how the Imperial Army is evolving to better counter the Traitor Legions.

Also, it occurs to me, shouldn't the Nightguard feature prominently in the Siege of Cadia ?

Hmm. Thinking logically, they should. But we had it that they didn't get involved until after the Blood Crusade. I feel a retcon of some sort coming on...

Any chance we could change "Escalation" to something a tad more exciting? Onslaught, Cataclysm or something like that?

Also, with the trilogy thing, perhaps including the Heredes would be a good idea for one campaign.

Escalation is the name the group decided on, so unless a majority are in favour of changing it, I doubt it