Mithril's- Deathwatch & Painting Challenge Plog.

MithrilForge

that must be a Painting OCD of some sort...unsure.png .

I'd only worry about it if you start counting brush strokes or something. tongue.png

For me, I've always preferred assemble -> paint, but I guess that's more due to impatience than anything else.

yeah i used to assemble then paint but i got frustrated by the fact i had to slow down on parts to not hit other areas i'd finished...thats my problem...i finish parts and move on and if i slip...ohmy.png then i may wreck hours of work...i never can do the "all base coats,wash,layer then highlight thing"...my mates do ,and of course they finish squads way faster than me...

how's your current army going Vel'Cona ??? ...

Mithril

how's your current army going Vel'Cona ??? ...

Mithril

I've delved into a bit of heresy lately but I'm still on schedule to complete my KT vow for the painting challenge.  Yes, I actually write a schedule for my painting projects.  I'm rather familiar with OCD myself :P

Last 2 guys put together,will undercoat em tomorrow and start trying to paint "All" of em together so i don't lose focus tongue.png ...laugh.png

the wolf head is on his way as you can see msn-wink.gif , with the Brazen Minotaur- he's got a really good bald head so i'm thinking to do a maze like tattoo (gasp ohmy.png never done this before) on the side of his head and scalp as a nod to Daedalus's Labyrinth with the Minotaur at it's centre...

My question is should it be a Blue tattoo? or a black one? ...or even a dark flesh coloured one ??... C&C appreciated...

med_gallery_9146_7882_8543.jpg

Hopefully the next pics i show are not grey plastic or half painted troops happy.png

Cheers, Mithril

well, looks like the Minotaur is getting a blue tattoo happy.png i got them undercoated this morning and plan on sneakily painting some of em tonight at work.....i have a midnight shift and the last 2 hours are Soooooo "Conrad Curze"... dead, tongue.png tehee he deserved that for what he did to Vulcan dry.png who is seriously the best primarch ever...cool.png .

back on topic, i may start on minotaurs head first as thats the one locked in my mind for how i want him done....pic tonight hopefully biggrin.png

Mithril

EDIT++ PIC

eyes are done wacko.png gee up close they look really naff ... i don't know how GW 'eavy metal does it so well huh.png

med_gallery_9146_7882_5209.jpg

double post but its live work cool.png so that's cool .

the heads finished (the skin part) to a level that's o.k for tabletop so i'm good with that....about to attempt to not censored.gif it up...cry.gif with a tattoo ....

wish me luck confused.gif

med_gallery_9146_7882_30445.jpg

Cheers Mithril

Dont jinx yourself.

Love the dedication. Painting the head separately from the model. If only I had that patience...

LOL jinxed myself...i did censored.gif it up ohmy.png ...laugh.png ...

scrubbed it all except only left a wee bit of the tattoo around the eye, redoing the skin shade on top right now...

more practice required...i should have gone for a simple tribal scheme...a maze pattern that small looked weird/dumb blink.png lesson learn't.

onwards....

Mithril

I probably would have recommended you use a technical/mechanical pencil to start the tattoo.

This will give you the best shot at starting a neat, but erasable pattern, and you can tell right off if you over shot the complexity level of the design before you start painting. This is just what I've done in the past and it helps.

I like the tattoo idea though! Maybe next time. :)

thanks prot, yeah i bit off more than i could paint tongue.png .

Carnegie hall will have to wait a while........practice practice practice!

i did use a pencil for the start of it,then i free handed after that,lesson learn't....

He looked like Kaos from Skylanders trap team(my son has it) ....before i cleaned him up laugh.png .

more pics tomorrow,its' nearly midnight and i gotta do some work before going hometongue.png

Mithril

Oh well. I know that feeling.

All goes well. And then you go for the cherry on top...

As you said. Practice practice practice. Only way to do it.

Now... if I could only get my motivation back. It stopped when I came to my three drop pods. Gawd I do not like painting them.

Oh well. I know that feeling.

All goes well. And then you go for the cherry on top...

As you said. Practice practice practice. Only way to do it.

Now... if I could only get my motivation back. It stopped when I came to my three drop pods. Gawd I do not like painting them.

Wow, totally share that sentiment. If those aren't the worst models to assemble and paint in the game I don't know what is. It's something about the throw-and-go nature and the huge broad surfaces (as well as interior details) that drives me up the wall!

Keep at it, Mithril! Don't give up on the tattoo! happy.png

Very clean and sharp job. The shoulder pad turned out nice and striking. I actually really like the bolters that come with these guys. I also like the chainsword config and I've done it purely for looks on my guys as well. :)

Archived