Soldier of Dorn

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 12)

Folks,

Thought I’d get the update done for this week on time!! Sadly, no pics but I can report some progress…. Despite a few set backs and me being ill most of the day

Review of Last Week.

Bit of a mixed bag, managed to damage a Tartaros should pad, then lost a fully painted head in the garage!! Still, found, located and repaired them; so things are looking good again; but it did waste a lot of my limited spare time!!

So, I have a virtually finished test model of my Tartaros – I’ll photo him in the next day or so, and shall then build the rest of the squad.  I decided to magnetise the head and plasma gun. Has anyone got ideas on the load out of squad of them? I’m thinking the Sgt can have a phoenix spear. The others maybe claws/fists?

I’ve also been doing some ‘test’ work on my ‘Vanguard Veteran’ – he’s pretty much finished, and the Sun Killer and Destroyer aren’t too far off. Might get a few WIPs up too.

The Praetor is also almost finished too, just a little more final detailing and sticking his crest on and he’s done all bar a base.

Plans for this Week.

I’ve had a delivery of bits so I can add the finishing touches to my Thousand Son conversion, so might even get another squad of 10 marines done! I’ve also decided to add a tabard to the Scrab Occult, so he’ll look more blinged up, then it’s a question of basing.

Future Prep.

Once I’ve done existing test marines, I’ll look to do a test of a veteran and a command squad marine! So damned annoying they can’t take phoenix spears….

So ... Still no painting done so still classing this as my free month.

Did pick up some extra shields for AoS sig-marines to convert into DW shields. Just glad they have an upgrade sprue for £7 rather than needing another box just for the shields.

So, I finally got a little bit done this month, undercoated and some base coating and also picked out out all the various heads, weapons and accessories I'm going to need. It looks like a busy week ahead at work so I'm probably looking at a 4-5 day period over the Christmas week to get these done.

med_gallery_61271_11923_1158646.jpg

Hey Mactire, can I ask why you're putting the bikes on round 60mm bases? I've been going away from the supplied 'bike' bases and moved to oval bases - purely for aesthetic reasons (as I believe the traditional bike bases are better game wise) but the large 60mm bases are in yet another league. I'm just interested to know what your reasoning behind the round bases are :) 

There actually for my TWC, ill put up another pic tomorrow which should explain it better.

When it comes to this hobby I tend to take the bits I like from it and mould it to my own view. This translates into all aspects of the hobby - painting, converting, units and fluff. This why a lot of my transports and weapon loadouts are more "rule of cool" as opposed to Codex compliant (you can see why I collect Wolvestongue.png). Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, "There are no Wolves on Fenris", I believe that the the Fen Wolves and ThunderWolves are both failed aspirants and native Fenrisians who, due to gene enhancement, have reverted to an animal state. I also believe that this is a ward against Chaos corruption and mutation. As such I don't hold much with the Vlka Fenryka riding around on their fallen brothers (that's what the EC are for). However in game terms TWC are one of our best units, so

med_gallery_61271_11923_619586.jpg

The wolf counts as the 2nd wound and the base size remains the same as the TWC original, with regard to LoS I always allow an opponent stand a marine on the back of the wolf or bike to allow for the slight difference in height between this and the GW version. I hope this explains the confusion.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!!! I hope everyone's been having a warm productive December thus far. I got a little distracted with a NL moritat and ended up starting a new thread for my random characters. But in between doing all that I did make some progress on vet squad Kyros.

20161218_222946.jpg

20161218_223015.jpg

20161218_223034.jpg

Rite around the 3rd marine I started to wonder if this was as good an idea as it seemed but I'm committed now tiny tedious line work be damned probably won't get these guys done before Christmas as I'll be a couple hundred miles from them but I may have more treasures to paint by the time I get back

Loving everything coming from you guys at the moment.  I must admit I have been having a little bit of a Hobby burn out at the moment.  Cant do what I want due to financial constraints and now my brushes are starting to pack it in.  I also tried to batch paint again as opposed to one model at a time like I have been doing and it has reminded me why I stopped doing that.  My Devestator squad is nearing 75% completed and I hope to finish them in the next week.  Will then probably move onto the Captain rather then the Librarians.  Then the final issue becomes somehow affording Burning of Prospero as well as the paints for the Librarians as I want to smatter some Mk III throughout the rest of the army.  Either that or I try to beg or steal a Mk III sprue from somewhere... Pity GW haven't put them up for separate sale yet.  Oh well may have to move Motor Pool March earlier.  Or paint guys that will be re-assigned to other squads later from the kits I do have.

So still going on slowly, but surely. I thought having a kid home sick would give me time to work today, but my wife took the keys to both vehicles to work today, leaving me without a way to take the other kid to daycare. Oh well, I still have tonight when bothe go to bed.

Argh, I´m not feeling the Leviathan at the moment. I can´t say I´m looking forward to the Assault Marines either. I´m just more into painting my Khorne Daemonkin at the moment.... Also, I´ve been completely distracted with making terrain. 

I hope I can make it this month...

I might actually make my vow this month, well, I cheated and went small....

So without further ado here is my pre build of my Tartaros Squad....

http://i65.tinypic.com/5ww29z.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/9knxy1.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/ehmceq.jpg

If any players have any idea for load out, as I am not much of a gamer, please let me know. I've magnetised the guns, and one guy has got a magnetised assault cannon.

Here is the test model for the unit, considerably less pink than the WIP would have you believe....

http://i64.tinypic.com/350s3nb.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mra0hu.jpg

I have also almost finished my Praetor, so shall actually have caught up on my vows.....

Well well well, what's happening here -- no updates for a while! Don't tell me you folks have all been hitting the festive parties!! This thread was in free fall, third page of the forum!!!

Well, thought i'd actually give some points for this month now I've figured out how to update my battle scribe....

Legion Tartaros Terminator Squad (232pts)

Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, Plasma Blaster, 2x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon
Legion Terminator Sergeant, Grenade Harness, Phoenix Spear, Volkite Charger

So, 1 is done, 4 more to go! I might actually make this vow......

http://i64.tinypic.com/bi6wp1.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/51bh9j.jpg

I decided to paint the guys in bits, mainly due to using spray metallics before doing the pink!!

http://i64.tinypic.com/29atjd2.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/23m9c0x.jpg

Quite liking the results so far! Being a whinging Pom it got way to hot in the garage and I got fed up of my paints all drying out, so I called it a day a little earlier than I'd have liked! Still can't get used to Aussie Christmas in summer.....

Must be everyone's favorite most stressful holiday of the year got everyone busy? Either way those tartaros are looking ace man definitely coming along nicely.

Before I left my models to drive 265'miles through what looks a lot like Hoth I managed to get some more work done on the Vipers

20161223_004141.jpg

20161223_003928.jpg

20161223_003844.jpg

Once I get back home after the holiday I've got some weathering to do. My goal is for all that sweet sweet yellow to look like old construction equipment. Anywho that's my progress so far I hope y'all are having a merry Christmas our whatever winter holiday you may celebrate.

Remember the holidays aren't about eating til your full they're about eating til you hate yourself ;)

Merry Crimbo one and all!!!

Hopefully the overly excitable kids will calm down at some point soon and crash out for the night. Then I can crack out the models and maybe paint a little. Though I might end up crashing out myself thanks to them waking up 1:30am, 3:00am and then 4:30am before managing to drag us out of bed at 5:30am.

There has been more DW reinforcements and hobby supplies along side BB!!! :D

So something happened and I have decided to substitute the two Librarians with, wait for it: Three Librarians. The same two as before and my third and final Librarian, Epistolary Gherion, with Force Staff, Lvl 2 and Auspex (95 Points) So 400 Points for the Month.

WIP of the two Librarians so far unshown are as follows:

gallery_36568_9971_72416.jpg

gallery_36568_9971_71981.jpg

I know, not much to look at, but my camera got effected by the Scrap Code Malaise and I needed them as a bits photo for the Boxing Day Bash

Photos to follow, but progress is being made. It's gonna be a photo finish, but I should find the finish line.

Eidolon, I only have two words for those Termies. God. Damn. That pink/purple is delicious looking.

Pyro, that missile launcher is ace!

I hope everyone has had some happy christmas/holidays.

I'm almost, almost finished with the Leviathan. I'm not sure if I will be able to finish the five-man Assault squad, mostly because I'm extremely tempted to swap their 'standing' legs with the regular assault squad running/jumping legs. The problem with that is I don't have enough of those fro two ten-man squads....

We'll see... :tu:

Merry belated Crimbo, everybody. :)

Sorry about not being around and updating this thread, there's a lot that's been going on with real life and my family/friends. It's a dark place right now. A very close friend passed away, many other friends have lost their pets the past couple weeks, and at least one person I know may be going away to prison for quite some time. unsure.png Yeah... had a lot on my mind.

Anyways. Onto more cheery things. I'll get this thread updated as soon as I can (within the next couple days,) but I'm also adding an Imperial Knight to my vow for this month.

Well, progress is made whilst watching my crimbo gift of the Blu-Ray edition of Transformers: The Movie (1986):

Greatest film of ALL time. :P (Nah, but seriously, I love that film. Brings back my childhood.)

Anyways, I'm gon' do it.

I vow to build, paint and (maybe) base an Imperial Knight of House Watchtower, for the glory of the Age of Darkness Subforum, within the next 24 hours.

med_gallery_78067_11287_310925.jpg

Primarch guide me... I think I'm in over my head... :unsure:

(Also, I'd better be getting a special siggy or something for this. Grotsmasha? You hear? Special things. ;):lol:)

Wish me luck... I'm gonna need it.

So here's visual of where my vow is.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161226_215739_zpsyhnjlv2r.jpg

Just need to finish the pack markings, the seats, leather, and other minor details, the base, and then weathering. Before the end of Saturday. Too easy, right?

Had a great Solstachristmahanakwanzadon!! Picked a Herald up and gave the youngest my BoP mkiii squad as he requested his own space marines(family hobby ftw)

Spent 4 hours behind the brush last night and finished painting my fists vow. Now to give them guns and base them, then varnish -decal/seal/weather them.

Reworking army list again and getting rid of my fire raptor so thinking about vindi's.

Happy Xmas everyone!

I've finished the Chaplain I was painting. In fact, he's been finished for ages, but I wanted to get a far, far better pic of him than I have of other models recently, so tomorrow will be setting my my light box and playing around until I get the quality of shot I want. Failing that, it'll be a rubbish dark photo with a lack of detail as per :P 

That looks superb Kurama, but that is one ugly face for a primarch known for his vanity.

I finally got over my flu and got a bit done over the past couple of days, so hopefully I might make the deadline by year's end.

Uverons Weekly Update 11th and 12th Weekly Update

Review of Last Week(s).

So Last Week I started a new job this ate a lot of my time, first (12th to the 16th), in finishing up with my last Job, and then a 7 hour Drive down to Houston Texas for training at company Headquarters! ( I packed my car with all my painting things and set up a painting table in the hotel room. )

But that being said I have been making progress with my Drop-Pod. I have managed to finish the internals of the Pod. And got one of the doors finished. I am currently trying to get the flat areas on the Pod itself finished. Its slow work, I had tried to paint it the same way as my marines. It didn’t quite work, the black Ink made the bone too dark on the open areas, so having to repaint with the base bone paint.

Below the Cut are some photos of my work-in-progress. Feel free to comment and give me additional hints!

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_420707.jpggallery_63905_11231_841698.jpg

Also as I had my work bench set up in the Hotel room, one of the cleaning staff left me this note!

gallery_63905_11231_719757.jpg

Once I got back from Houston. It was Christmas, this ate quite a bit of my time. But I did get quite a nice stack of boxes for gifts, and the yesterday I visited my local GW store and walked away with 4 dreadnoughts..

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_492463.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_418697.jpg

I then spent last night putting models together.

gallery_63905_11231_272335.jpg

Plans for this week.

Well I want to get some of these models together, but I may not put them all together I do need to finish painting the drop-pod. But I should have time as I don’t have work until January, which is nice. Because of this I expect I will be taking my by-month in Jan. (don’t want to worry about painting while getting used to a new job). So the Plan is to get the pod done, and then maybe revisit some of the ‘finished’ guys maybe looking at applying transfers or something.

Archived