+++Call of Chaos IX+++

Captain Semper

I just got back from my trip this past weekend so I haven't had much time BUT- I will finish my vow...

If you have FB, here's a post with pics for proof.. Will add them on here soon. Doing Gold details on Ahriman and Magnus next but first Magnus needs some blending

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155648283189199&set=pcb.1303070399716448&type=3&theater

I WILL NOT FAIL.

Awesome ^.^

My cultists, and thus my vow, are completed.

med_gallery_63428_9407_45644.jpg

Close ups...

Hidden Content

First up is triple-tentacle boy.

med_gallery_63428_9407_249716.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_279905.jpg

A couple of walkers.

med_gallery_63428_9407_9257.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_827855.jpg

Clawed, and Spiral Chestplate.

med_gallery_63428_9407_440091.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_749945.jpg

Single tentacle.

med_gallery_63428_9407_224897.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_454344.jpg

About to swing their blades. The left one is one of my favourite. I tried a slight head turn and I think it came out well as all the rest are looking dead ahead. If when I get some more (as ten is not enough!) I'll do some more turned heads.

med_gallery_63428_9407_518994.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_98282.jpg

Leader with his "alas poor..." pose.

med_gallery_63428_9407_66268.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_65109.jpg

And the standard bearer.

med_gallery_63428_9407_583962.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_199389.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_59756.jpg

Damn that paint looks thick on there biggrin.png

It's...umm...representative of the heavy cloth... msn-wink.gif

I love that new Ahriman!

Here's the mandatory WiP pictures of the Chaos Rapier unit and the two Iron Circle Contemptor counts-as units I still need to paint before the deadline....

I also editted them in my post with my original vow

Chaos Space Marine Rapier with multilaser

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsxumbzccz.jpg

2x Iron Circle Contemptor Counts-as units

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/temporary_zpsgoodnz77.jpg 

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_9_Poster.jpg

JUST SIX DAYS TO GO!!!

Amazing stuff guys, just amazing! A pity the Tzeentch stuff didn't come out earlier... Keep going everyone!

Amazing stuff guys, just amazing! A pity the Tzeentch stuff didn't come out earlier... Keep going everyone!

Yaw, would have been cooler to run it a month later 'till january ...

well ...

more 1k sons stuff for ETL ;)

Finished the Chaos Rapier Laser Destroyer Team for my Night Lords.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsidxeaitp.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsrbtsrkkq.jpg

@ Captain Semper: I don't know how recently you've updated and might have missed the latest one, but if that's the case, for your perusal here's a link to my finished Chaos Lord on Juggernaut. :)

Just a couple of photos of my progress so far!

I started by blocking out the trim in green and all the metals:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/BFGFleetWIP1_zpsorkaxfju.jpg

The first wash:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/BFGFleetWIP2_zpsqoccjvo1.jpg

I'm now working through weathering, basing and detailing!

Another vow complete! Won't lie... I'm struggling here trying to finish in time.

The Shadowlances raced through the ruins of the White City, their mechanical steeds passing over debris, road and craters with equal ease. In their wake, they trailed a banner bearing the unholy image of their patron- as if to bless the very ground they drove across with the Dark Prince's essence.

31402963502_59e154049c_z.jpg

Individual shots

Banner Bearer

30740282763_5dee4c6f1e_z.jpg

Squad Aspiring Champion

31511729576_69cab682fe_z.jpg

Off-roaders

31549973815_52577f2ab4_z.jpg

@Archaeinox: Wow, that's a fantastically painted Ahriman. Congratulations. Looks much better than the 'Eavy Metal paintjob in my opinion.

I finally got my vow done too. Just in time before I'll fly out for an overseas holiday with no opportunity to hobby whatsoever.

Renegade Vindicaire Assassin:

gallery_80057_11150_334272.jpg

Renegade & Heretics Disciples:

gallery_80057_11150_60353.jpg

I've had a blast painting these and I'm largely happy with how they came along. You'll find more and close-up pictures in my WIP thread in the LaTD sub-forum (which is an awesome place that you should be visiting more often anyway.)

Finished my dark mechanicus skitarii cultist counts-as

DarkMech Skitarii Cultists Group

Front and back pictures of leaders, specials with flamers and auspex (if I want to run as skitarii rather than cultists).  Leaders arms are magnetized with variety of options in case, as is one of the auspex arms.

DarkMech Skitarii Cultists 4

DarkMech Skitarii Cultists 5

More pictures in my WIP thread.

And up next, here's a WIP of the first of my rubrics- blocking in colors mostly, but general sense of where I'm headed with them.

Rubric WIP1 Front

Rubric WIP1 Back

Will be tight getting these plus sorcerer lord done, but the DV chosen are just physically so much bigger than the skitarii models that even blocking in the first rubic went faster than I hoped.

My likes ares till noz working, which kind of sucks. So, all of you, consider yourself and your efforts to the glory of Tzeentch well liked. Maybe even extremly well liked.

Also, I am proud to show my latest and last fnished work. Which means I did fnish this years C&C slightly ahead of time. Not so proud of the pics, which continue to turn out pretty dark, But It`s GRIM dark, so I won? t complain.

Anyway, meet my

gallery_66914_10128_248986.jpg

Unnamed Witchbreed, so called "Diabolist" associated with the Chapter of the Onyx Flame of the former Word Bearers Legion

gallery_66914_10128_292680.jpg

Pictured during the Kentell Eclipse Massacre, late M40, when the inhabited worlds of the Kentell Systemwere last forced into an ecliptic conjugation<and shadowed by the inner systems gas giants for six months in an extraordinary event every 300 years.

gallery_66914_10128_93500.jpg

Not only did this event saw the Kentell System suffering by marauding metllaic fiends later believed to be of an emerging Necron Dynasty in that particulary galactic area, the xenos raids severly weakened the system defence force. Local PDF and Arbites thus proved unprepared for an uprising of the self proclaimed "Prophets of the Nine Worlds".

gallery_66914_10128_229671.jpg

Cult forces proved to be centered around demagogues and warptouched Legionaries of the Onyx Flame, which arrived in-system to bolster the merging cult uprising and began construction of blasphemic empyrean worshipping sites soon after (and sometimes even during ) initial planetary landing operations.

gallery_66914_10128_211468.jpg

gallery_66914_10128_393540.jpg

The resulting warp anomalies and emerging local stormfronts effectivly isolated the Kentell system soon after. By M41 the greater Kentell expanse is still consoder unsafe for interstellar travel and considered perditus excommunicates.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_9_Top_banner.jpg

THREE DAYS TO GO!

Everybody, this is some amazing work... Chaos appears to be a huge source of inspiration to some of the best painters here in the B&C. And rightly so! :D

So, I don't know if I will be able to get my full bloodletter unit assembled in time. Am I allowed to paint two half bloodletter units instead? (With one half being the not nearly so exciting typical red scheme...)

Sorry for the VERY late reply... rolleyes.gif The answer is yes.

OK. Truth being said, I was kind of overwhelmed with real life job in the last couple of weeks and then there was Blood Bowl... But now I'm OK. :P

We're approaching the deadline and I want to make sure as many people as possible complete their vows. I have updated the front page, but please check that everything is in order - each one see his/her own entry and let me now if I missed something. Keep in mind that the 15th counts for the whole day in all time zones.

Good luck for this final drive!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just say Semper you've missed my Predator complete vow on the main post :(

Beyound that getting there. 

Rhino just been highlight for the Daemonkin.   Try get all the metal paint done tomorrow & the big Mark of Khorne icon stamp onto the hull.

Daemonkin marine, 6 out of 8 been varnish.  Just paint edge of the base

2x 10 Bloodletter unit.  There finish, again paint edge of the base.

1 of the Renegade Knight just been varnish today.  Hopeful get the second one varnish tomorrow weather permitting :(

Don't know if I will get weather powder on the models.  Might have to call them complete as they are & go back to the models during the holidays.  Just down time & just lucky gotten lot of my models varnish today with it been pretty damp weather out side.

Archived