Hobbyists in Switzerland

Dosjetka

Salut/Grüezi!

I know there are a few of you out there so I thought I'd start up a thread here so other can let us know where they are in Switzerland. :smile.:

I'm currently living in the Geneva. I'm always up for a drink, a chat, and a painting session/game! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Dos

Léman region:

(GE, VD, VS)

@Anamnesis -> Genève
@Dosjetka -> Genève

@khalic -> Lausanne
@Ushtarador -> Bern/Lausanne

Mittelland:

(BE, FR, JU, NE, SO)

@Marshal_von_Speer -> Bern

@Raychu -> La Chaux-de-Fonds

@Ushtarador -> Bern/Lausanne

North-Western Switzerland:

(AG, BL, BS)

@Dagoth Ur -> Basel

@JimboBimbo -> Basel

Zürich:

(ZH)

@snorkle -> Zürich (?)

@Auxilia Sergeant L. -> Zürich

Eastern Switzerland:

(AI, AR, GL, GR, SG, SH, TG)

@TPS -> St. Gallen

Central Switzerland:

(LU, NW, OW, SZ, UR, ZG)

@VANDALthePRIEST -> Zug

Ticino:

(TI)

@VANDALthePRIEST -> Lugano

Edited by Dosjetka
Updated 09/09/22.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

count me in.

Geneva all the way

And for peoplle around the area, there is one of the biggest apocalypse event in France.

10 players Vs 10 players. each with 1000powerlevel. approx 400'000pts in total. all full peint.

http://deadwar.canalblog.com/

I'm moving over to La Chaux-de-Fonds in a few weeks. see you guys!

Edited by Raychu

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm from Jealousy :laugh.: ... of all you guys living in and around  Swizerland !! , i visited there years ago and loved it, What a life eh living in Switzerland & playing 40K :tongue.: 

I asked in another post about the cost of 40k in Sweden & Switzerland compared to other parts of Europe... is it more expen$ive or the $ame ?!...

Cheers, Mithril 

Prices are either roughly the same or higher than what GW asks for in their European Euro-priced shops.

Random example: Escher Gang box costs 34€ direct from GW, 41.3€ from my local here in Geneva, and 35.7€ from two retailers that are set up elsewhere in the country.

I asked in another post about the cost of 40k in Sweden & Switzerland compared to other parts of Europe... is it more expen$ive or the $ame ?!...

Cheers, Mithril 

Cost of living in Switzerland is one of the highest in the world. Sweden is pretty similar, though I think a bit cheaper than Switz. As Dos said, there's only a few places in the country that sell GW stuff, one store in Bern used to sell at ~200% GW retail (because they could), I think until they folded and went under new management, who reduced it to ~115% of GW retail to account for currency fluctuations, having to pay in EUR, import, central Bern rent, etc. 

I recall start collecting boxes were about 89 CHF (~£69) when they were £50 RRP and ~£40 from a third party in the UK. It's generally ok however as salaries are increased similarly. 

That said, there's a great group and community there, who I didn't get to meet all of when I was living there.