Black Legion Kitbashes

Cynicus

Hey everyone,

So I've not really done any hobby stuff for over a year now due to moving from Europe to New Zealand and not having a lot of space for anything.

I have some space now, and am having the bulk of my stuff sent over soon (finally!) so I decided to dig out what I do have here and partake of my favorite part of this hobby: bashing up some character minis with leftovers.

These guys are black legion lords:

the one with the big sword and axe combo is a fallen angel and their leader.

The others are a former word bearer sorcerer (blind guy with book), a former sons of horus reaver squad leader (jump pack, big hammer and claw),

a former world eater captain (axe and claw), a former iron warriors warsmith (skull head, fist and claw), a renegade space wolf (big chainsword and shield), and finally mystery contestant (big mace, axe, chainmail loinskirt).

There’s also the beginnings of a Raptor squad in there.

I'm a big fan of the Talon of Horus' depiction of the BL as a 21st legion, one that was not founded by an emperor or led by a primarch, but formed from a thirst for vengeance, dark camaraderie, and the iron will of the despoiler!

tumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto4_1280.jpgtumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto6_1280.jpgtumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto7_1280.jpgtumblr_oek28cQ8Ev1r5fukto8_1280.jpg

I'm planning to paint them some time in the coming weeks, and will likely be building some more as well, parts allowing.

Thanks! I really hope to expand it to a proper army, then I might even play the game some time :P

Unfortunately, GW stuff is suuuuper expensive in New Zealand. The upshot of that is that FW costs almost the same amount, which is a nice excuse.

Archived