Your BA Pile of Shame

Jolemai

HA! Eversor struck from the list! Not exactly BA, I know, but I do not own any other army, so those folks get to stick with BA.

These posts make me feel good about what I thought was a big back log. Thank you all for making me feel better

;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rhino, Libby Dread, Phobos Libby, Lemartes, Chaplain Dread, DC Dread and 6 Eliminators, Sanguinor, Baal Predator, 6 Inceptors, 3 Captains, 3 Aggressors, 5 Hellblasters, Vindicator and 12 Terminators,  struck from the list. Thank you ETL!

That leaves me with:

1 Corbulo (started, not finished)

1 Captain Slash (started, not finished)

1 Captain with Relic Blade (Emperor's Champion)

1 Primaris Captain in Gravis armor
2 Sanguinary priests (1 started, not finished)

1 Librarian with JP (started, not finished)

1 Primaris Librarian
1 Techmarine
2 regular Lieutenants
3 Primaris Lieutenants
1 Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos armor
11 5 Assault Terminators
5 Indomitus Terminators
5 Tartaros Terminators
13 Sanguinary Guards (in various states of completion)
1 Sanguinary Ancient
7 Vanguard Veterans

10 Death Company (started, not finished)
15 Tactical Marines (started, not finished)
10 Infiltrators

10 Intercessors (5 started, not finished)
10 Devastators (started, not finished)

3 Aggressors
6 Suppressors

5 Hellblasters
15 Reivers
3 Inceptors (started, not finished)
10 Assault Marines
10 scouts (started, not finished)

1 Count-as Callidus assassin (Infinity Yu-Jing Ninja with bow)
1 Culexus Assassin
8 SM bikes

3 Scout bikes

1 Rhino (started, not finished)
1 Predator (started, not finished)
1 Baal Predator
1 Vindicator

1 Relic Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer
1 Stormhawk Interceptor
2 Stormraven Gunships (started, not finished)
2 Armiger Warglaives
2 Armiger Helverins
1 Imperial Knight

Edited by Majkhel

• 1 month later...

Oh man reading this thread makes me feel like a painting monster. How do you guys even end up with such massive backlogs? Surely you want to play with your new toys as soon as possible? You don't... You don't play with unpainted minis, do you?!  :wink:

Here's mine-

5 Assault Terminators (partially completed)

7 Death Company (primed)
Terminator Captain (primed)

Terminator Librarian (primed)

I wanna buy a couple of Dreadnoughts, another box of Intercessors and a Primaris Chaplain (to covert and go alongside my Riever-based DC. Gonna give him a Sanguinary Guard winged jump pack), but I'm not allowing myself to until these are complete.

Oh man reading this thread makes me feel like a painting monster. How do you guys even end up with such massive backlogs?

I wanna buy a couple of Dreadnoughts, another box of Intercessors and a Primaris Chaplain (to covert and go alongside my Riever-based DC. Gonna give him a Sanguinary Guard winged jump pack), but I'm not allowing myself to until these are complete.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that ability to not buy new stuff until you've painted your current stuff... I don't have that. Especially for limited releases like the boxsets. Plus being a slow, obsessive painter, and I only assemble models just before I paint them, so I have a scary collection of boxes of sprues. That will get painted. One day.

Edited by Arkhanist

Oh man reading this thread makes me feel like a painting monster. How do you guys even end up with such massive backlogs? Surely you want to play with your new toys as soon as possible? You don't... You don't play with unpainted minis, do you?!  :wink:

Here's mine-

7 Death Company (primed)

If you enjoy painting for the sake of it I wouldn't mind covering shipping to and from you for a lot of models I still have unpainted. :D

I’m looking at the following:

5 DC out of sprue

10 Vanguard Vets, still on sprue

1 Land speeder storm - will remain on sprue for now

5 Terminators, might convert to dual LC ones for fun, but not a must

Otherwise, not that big of a backlog! Mostly just random bits that I bought and turned out less useful than I thought they would be.

Oh man reading this thread makes me feel like a painting monster. How do you guys even end up with such massive backlogs? Surely you want to play with your new toys as soon as possible? You don't... You don't play with unpainted minis, do you?! :wink:

Here's mine-

7 Death Company (primed)

If you enjoy painting for the sake of it I wouldn't mind covering shipping to and from you for a lot of models I still have unpainted. :D

Ha, sure. I'll have them back to you probably sometime around 2024?

That's probably why I don't find the hobby as expensive as some people do. Even when I'm painting as much as I can, I never go through more than maybe a dozen models in a month.

Oh man reading this thread makes me feel like a painting monster. How do you guys even end up with such massive backlogs? Surely you want to play with your new toys as soon as possible? You don't... You don't play with unpainted minis, do you?! :wink:

Here's mine-

7 Death Company (primed)

If you enjoy painting for the sake of it I wouldn't mind covering shipping to and from you for a lot of models I still have unpainted. :biggrin.:

Ha, sure. I'll have them back to you probably sometime around 2024?

That's probably why I don't find the hobby as expensive as some people do. Even when I'm painting as much as I can, I never go through more than maybe a dozen models in a month.

I go through maybe a dozen (at best two dozens) a year, so I'm OK with that.  I can send you my Chaplain Dreadnought body and Furioso arms if you feel like painting it up a Death Company Dreadnought for me.  :biggrin.:

Edited by appiah5

• 1 month later...

Slowly whittling away at my  BA model list, now I just have:

10 X intercessors
10 X reivers
1 X primaris captain

3 x flame aggressors

Just today done the helmets for my 12 inceptors (6:6).

Then it will be:

Abaddon that the wife got me
2 mini knights and the two big boys
1 X PBC for my deathguard
30 X plaguebeares
6 X nurgling bases
1 X Daemon prince

And then...........

My custodes - but I am getting these for Christmas so they may jump the waiting list lol

It never ends

:-(

Edited by happyslugger

I’m looking at the following:

5 DC out of sprue

10 Vanguard Vets, still on sprue

1 Land speeder storm - will remain on sprue for now

5 Terminators, might convert to dual LC ones for fun, but not a must

I was caught in a moment of weakness and added a sanguinary priest, the old Hammer of Baal, one Phobos Librarian and 10 Intercessors to above list.

:(

That said, embiggened marines are very much made for dry brushing! Once the exams are over, I hope to update my thread with some pictures of the new additions.

I was at a LGS the other week and they had some Space Marine Heroes Series 1 boxes, so against my better judgement I said " :cuss it!" and grabbed the one that seemed heaviest to me.

I ended up getting this guy:

s-l300.png

No use to me in my IF Primaris army so I guess he's now in my LooOoOooOooong list of BA Pile of Shame.

Edited by Jolemai
Swear filter dodge

I was at a LGS the other week and they had some Space Marine Heroes Series 1 boxes, so against my better judgement I said " :cuss it!" and grabbed the one that seemed heaviest to me.

I ended up getting this guy:

s-l300.png

No use to me in my IF Primaris army so I guess he's now in my LooOoOooOooong list of BA Pile of Shame.

He'd look great with a jump pack!

I picked up an invictor stealth stomper, but made 5 vanguard.

I have about 2500 points of Sanguinary Guard I bought during the 5th edition codex while Dante made them troops right before that option was taken away.  They're sitting cut up in one of those plastic bead boxes and I haven't had the desire to assemble them now that they're just a glorified Vanguard detachment.  I had started turning DC bits into jump priests and chaplains to support them, built the flying Libby dreadnought, and kitbashed a Dante to make this whole elite army that would be very challenging to play but still fun.  

Kiss my ass, GW.  Thanks a lot for taking that army out of the codex. 

I have about 2500 points of Sanguinary Guard I bought during the 5th edition codex while Dante made them troops right before that option was taken away.  They're sitting cut up in one of those plastic bead boxes and I haven't had the desire to assemble them now that they're just a glorified Vanguard detachment.  I had started turning DC bits into jump priests and chaplains to support them, built the flying Libby dreadnought, and kitbashed a Dante to make this whole elite army that would be very challenging to play but still fun.  

Kiss my ass, GW.  Thanks a lot for taking that army out of the codex. 

You've learned a valuable lesson here. Only paint stuff you want to look at and only in quantities you won't burn out with.  GW invalidate with army lists on a regular basis.  Buying boxes of plastic for gimmicky builds that may or may not be legal in a year is always an unwise decision.  A decision GW loves you for making.  And as you all know, people :cuss those they love.

I haven't had the desire to assemble them now that they're just a glorified Vanguard detachment.

I don't get it. How does their battlefield role slot effect how Sanguard would play? Are you seriously telling me you had a SG squad specifically to sit at the back and score a home objective? Sanguard in 8th play the same as Sanguard in 5th.

If anything, 8th has made them better with cheap plasma pistols, power fists, 2W, rerolls and scoring.

The only thing that's stopping you from playing that army in your own mental block. Yes, you get fewer command points from the vanguard detachment, but guess what, the army you're fielding is much less strategically flexible than one built using a batallion. Fluffy.