"New" veteran tactics

helterskelter

I'm pretty sure the frag grenade launcher is only single shot?

The grenade laucher is Rapid fire, so put them 12" from the enemy and enjoy your 20 frag shot tongue.png

I'm seeing it as Assault 1. Same with the Solar Aux GL. Unless it's another error in the eBook editions...

Are there any models for combi grenades?

There are two that I'm aware of. The Grave Warden Terminator kit comes with a combi-weapon that has a grenade launcher side, and there was that old event only MKIII Boarding Sergeant that had a combi-grenade launcher or a thunder hammer.

I've Rapid fire for the grenade laucher... Umh....

For the model, take a combi melta, cut 1/3 of the muzzle, smooth it with green stuff and make it look cylindrical and you have it. If the melta has the little "gas tank" on the side, work a little bit to make it look like a grenade attached to the weapon.

It's also on the weapons profile card that came with the Conquest limited edition, and yes the grenade launchers are listed as 24" with Rapid Fire.

Just be careful with the Assault Grenade Launchers on the Grave Warden terminators, which have a separate 18" assault 2 profile.

I found this on the forum.

It's also on the weapons profile card that came with the Conquest limited edition, and yes the grenade launchers are listed as 24" with Rapid Fire.

Just be careful with the Assault Grenade Launchers on the Grave Warden terminators, which have a separate 18" assault 2 profile.

I found this on the forum.

I checked my own profile card and it certainly is Rapid Fire there. It's Assault 1 in every more current redbook that I can find, though. I'm not going to say which to use; I have no idea if they want to phase out the Rapid Fire statline and replace it with the Assault one, or if the Legion, Solar Auxilia, and Militia are intended to use different grenade launcher profiles, or if it's a careless copy error somewhere. Always frustrating.

If you did run them with rapid fire, x20 S5 combi-GL frag shots with Sniper under Creeping Death for the Death Guard? Marginal upgrade for that RoW, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

The launcher part of a Combi-Grenade Launcher is a ... huge surprise ... 

... Grenade Launcher:

Honourable mention:  in the latest FAQ and in the LA:AoDL on page 124. No stats though.

Stats can be found:  in the Crusade Imperialis book on page 64. 

Flamers are better, because of ignore cover or for getting charged on an objective.

Don't get me wrong, the GL is an interesting option in some scenerios. LIke sporting out if a storm lord :p

Flamers are better, because of ignore cover or for getting charged on an objective.

Don't get me wrong, the GL is an interesting option in some scenerios. LIke sporting out if a storm lord :p

The primary use of combi-grenades is Dark Angels. No one else has much use for them.

Thanks looking for FAQ now,  I found one entry in the book 5 or 4, cant recall offhand, but it listed 3 types of grenades that can be used. Are all 3 options available or they restricted to SA forces?

What make the DA ones so special? Haven't encounter a DA 30k force yet? 

Thanks looking for FAQ now, I found one entry in the book 5 or 4, cant recall offhand, but it listed 3 types of grenades that can be used. Are all 3 options available or they restricted to SA forces?

What make the DA ones so special? Haven't encounter a DA 30k force yet?

We get stasis grenades that drop a unit hit by them -1 to WS and I.

Yeah buddy

Archived