[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Having looked at the terminators more closely I don't think they are stricktly needed unless you frequently play wc&m guy and he is an absured power gamer.

They don't do much that the army doesn't already do, and they are a bit monstrous against everyone not in power armour.

I think custodes need a little bit of avoiding hard counters you friends army.

Tournament play? I would probably still avoid them.

Four Elite slots is workable, I'm still under the impression that the Dread getting Deep Strike from Valdor is iffy so it's quite hard to use and keep alive as is, so TDA are probably the way forward.

Don't really see the point of the Elite Sisters - they don't offer much over the troops.

Yes, I'm not going to play my Achillus that way unless it gets properly FAQed by Forge World. The only way the dread will survive is if your opponent thinks the three infiltrating blobs of Custodes in the middle of his deployment zone are less of a threat. Makes him make hard choices and with the spear acts as one of the best distraction carnifexes in the game.

I think Sisters will play a vital role in the Custodes army of reducing its effectiveness enough to give your opponent a fair chance. Without them, I can see us struggling to find an opponent. I'm thinking one squad of Oblivion Knights, two Prosecutor Cadre and either a Excruciatus Cadre with crossbows or a Centura.

What are these delivery issues?

Getting the dread into a position where it can do something useful. This is of course assuming we can't deep strike remember using Valdor's Warlord Trait.

At least with the Achillus, you get D3 Lascannon shots as it's moving towards the enemy. For the Galatus, all you can really do, is run it at the enemy, making use of Fleet and Move Through Cover.

Edited by ChainMachete

The Shield one is pretty good, as a 5++ Re-roll is quality, but again it's only from the front... And he'll need to be running each turn to get anywhere!

The Spear one has the power of having great Ranged Attacks in two Death Lazors and a Las Pulsar, but two of them are short ranged.... Though he has the raw power to murder most anything in the heresy.

I have got two Achillus coming in the post. They look great and obviously you need one with a two-handed pose and the other one-handed right? I think currently the custodes list is pretty strong so i don't mind taking stuff that might not make it. Even cool lists with whatever you like are pretty powerful it seems.

I have got two Achillus coming in the post. They look great and obviously you need one with a two-handed pose and the other one-handed right? I think currently the custodes list is pretty strong so i don't mind taking stuff that might not make it. Even cool lists with whatever you like are pretty powerful it seems.

Even the Achillus is great for its points if it makes it to combat it's blessed. Otherwise it brings as much firepower as a spartan with the las pulsers.

Hey guys, currently working on building out my custodes list and I can't for the life of me make up my mind on a list!  Hoping you might be able to give some feedback.  

This is what I have come up with so far.

+++ Censure Host Custodes (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v66) (1995pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Talons of the Emperor v69) (1995pts) ++

+ HQ (250pts) +

········Legio Custodes Shield Captain (250pts) [Cyber Familliar, Digital Lasers, Paragon Spear, Praesidium Shield]

+ Elites (825pts) +

········Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought (240pts) [May Take a Achillus Dreadspear with inbuilt Corvae Las-Pulser]
············Two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons [2x Lastrum Storm Bolter]

········Legio Custodes Hetaeron Guard Squad (585pts)
············Hetaeron Guard [Guardian Spear, May Take a Praesidium Shield]
············Hetaeron Guard [May Take a Praesidium Shield, Solerite Power Gauntlet]
············Hetaeron Guard [May Take a Praesidium Shield, Solerite Power Gauntlet]
············Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier [Armoured Ceramite]

+ Troops (725pts) +

········Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad (200pts)
············Custodian Guard [Adrasite Spear]
············Custodian Guard [Pyrithite Spear]

········Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad (325pts)
············Sentinel Guard [Praesidium Shield, Sentinel Warblade]
············Sentinel Guard [Magisterium Vexilla, Sentinel Warblade]

+ Heavy Support (195pts) +

········Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank (195pts) [illastus Accelerator Cannon]

Hey guys, currently working on building out my custodes list and I can't for the life of me make up my mind on a list! Hoping you might be able to give some feedback.

+++ Censure Host Custodes (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v66) (1995pts) +++++ The Age of Darkness (Talons of the Emperor v69) (1995pts) +++ HQ (250pts) +

········Legio Custodes Shield Captain (250pts) [Cyber Familliar, Digital Lasers, Paragon Spear, Praesidium Shield]+ Elites (825pts) +

········Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought (240pts) [May Take a Achillus Dreadspear with inbuilt Corvae Las-Pulser]

············Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier [Armoured Ceramite]+ Troops (725pts) +

············Sentinel Guard [Magisterium Vexilla, Sentinel Warblade]+ Heavy Support (195pts) +

········Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank (195pts) [illastus Accelerator Cannon]

You're missing crucial wargear, specifically melta bombs and solarite gauntlets. Dropping 2-3 bodies throughout the list will alow you to kit out each unit better to take on anything.

Also, without having the book, I wasn't aware that Spears and praesidium shields worked together on units like the Hetaeron.

Edited by Black_out

Hey guys, currently working on building out my custodes list and I can't for the life of me make up my mind on a list! Hoping you might be able to give some feedback.

+++ Censure Host Custodes (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v66) (1995pts) +++++ The Age of Darkness (Talons of the Emperor v69) (1995pts) +++ HQ (250pts) +

········Legio Custodes Shield Captain (250pts) [Cyber Familliar, Digital Lasers, Paragon Spear, Praesidium Shield]+ Elites (825pts) +

············Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier [Armoured Ceramite]+ Troops (725pts) +

············Sentinel Guard [Magisterium Vexilla, Sentinel Warblade]+ Heavy Support (195pts) +

You're missing crucial wargear, specifically melta bombs and solarite gauntlets. Dropping 2-3 bodies throughout the list will alow you to kit out each unit better to take on anything.

Also, without having the book, I wasn't aware that Spears and praesidium shields worked together on units like the Hetaeron.

No special charge bonus rules though, so kind of meh.

Spear & shield looks really cool but is only effective if the spear is a Paragon Spear - so just the Shield Captain / Tribune. On the Hetaeron you're now stuck at AP3. Much better is Paragon Blade & Shield or Solarite Gauntlet & Shield.

So just while I'm getting started with a Talons force I plan on adding in a small allied force of 5 to my list, a shield captain and then a squad of 4 guards. What do you all think would be more effective, Custodian or Sentinel Guard? They will just be deep striking somewhere on the board. Custodians can deep strike and then do some major damage the turn they arrive but the Sentinels would obviously be more survivable and would be able to hold an objective better.

Make it to 2000 and have tankbune for staters

Battlescribe didn't have the Tribune option available

Why so many sentinel guard and hetaerons? No melta bombs on anything either, with very few anti tank options is sketchy at best too

Would you run them only in squads of 3?

I guess, if you had to suggest a single substitution, what unit would you remove and what would you replace it with?

Spear & shield looks really cool but is only effective if the spear is a Paragon Spear - so just the Shield Captain / Tribune. On the Hetaeron you're now stuck at AP3. Much better is Paragon Blade & Shield or Solarite Gauntlet & Shield.

I already put them together with spear and shield was the only reason....I guess I didn't consider losing the charge bonus.  

What wargear would you use to represent the power gauntlet and the paragon blade right now?