Malchy's WIP thread : Kohuru head hunter squad (up 12/10)

malcharion

Thanks guys !

@LordVelype : Yeah, I think the same ^^ They really are not my favorite models eather. I was inspired by other centurion models from the internet using Boyz arms to carry heavy guns. I'd try to do the same with melee weapon but the AOS ork brute arms looked a bit largers than the Boyz ones.

For the 7th edition I had nothing to explain it.. but  withe the 8th edition new lore I like to think that some of the first attempt to change classical space marines in Primaris don't go so well  with the mysterious carcharodons geneseed, ending in those difformitys.

The need of warrior in the nomade predation fleet could explain why turning those afflicted warrior in a shock assault unit were a better outcome than just killing them or let them die in shame.  Helped by the centurion suit those warrior flow could be overhlemed and turn in a asset of the company :)

Maybe not my favorit models but I keep theme because they look good/nice on a table and in the whole army :)

@Lemainus : Cheers mate ! Nice to see that those "creatures" get some love from some of you ;p

And I love the rule of cool ;) 

@Bjorn : Thanks Bjorn ! No I'll play them all as a 3 man assault centurion squad.

Malchy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody !!

That's WIP time among the white faces !

After being busy remaking the base of all my carcharodons for the new edition, I'm currently working on a knight project.

I wanted to do a lone knight of a lost house. The idea was to make a model that I can play along with my sharks but I wanted something different.. If the tribal aspect had to be kept I wanted to change from the Polynesian patterns.

I'm thinking for a long time to creating a knight inspired by the traditional African warriors. Since I've Senegalese origins myself, I've turn toward the history of the "Ceddo warriors" from the feudal kingdom of Sene-gambia. I've also use the Marvel Black panther helmet for inspiration ^^.

Using all of that, I've finally came up with what I wanted for my Knight (mixing Africans war markings, clothing style or traditional animists totems)

and here we are with the WIP of the project ;).

844475DSC03722.jpg

175914DSC03723.jpg

860874DSC03726.jpg

Some details are not poping up on those pictures but I'll see some off them latter with the painting work :)

Speaking of witch... Here are the first colors on :

885160DSC03764.jpg

551981DSC03765.jpg

675284DSC03766.jpg

449239DSC03767.jpg

695704DSC03771.jpg

42354120170709144029.jpg

97797620170709144121.jpg

572268DSC03768.jpg

222168DSC03769.jpg

And to stay in the WIP thing I'm working on a little banner for my Carcharodons strike force and here I'm with it so far :

767656DSC03758.jpg

899152DSC03759.jpg

That's it for this time ! ;)

Malchy

Scrolling down the knight without paint thinking that's nice this will be good, then the first picture with paint and kinda lost for words as it pops up on the screen. That is some stunning work.

I was wondering if the helmet was a little rough and waiting for more sculpting but then with paint on it looks great.

That is going to be one stunning beast. 

Every time I start feeling cocky about how my skills are progressing, I remember to come check this read and be reminded that I'm just a :cussing rube. xD

You are so talented, dude, seriously. *How* did you do that banner?

I really have been gone too long I'm glad to see you're still setting the bar for awesomeness around here. The knight looks amazing I can't wait to see it completed you've given me several ideas for my terribly neglected knight I've still yet to finish Keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see more

Coming from a long time carcharodon player and fan, these are amazing! Love the tattoos you have done. Just saw your tutorial video... omg you have creativity and mad skills! No way i could do that with a brush; I'm not sure I could do that even if I used a marker (reason I have to stick with the forgeworld decals, lucky I bought some sheets when they sold them years ago).

What colors are you using for your armor? Gw paints?

Keep up the amazing work. Can we get another army shot of all your void brethren?

Freaking hell all this free hand :eek:

Amazing work, love the banner is going to look great when done.

That design on the banner is absolutely fantastic!!! :thumbsup:

That banner! Everything about it is fantastic!

Scrolling down the knight without paint thinking that's nice this will be good, then the first picture with paint and kinda lost for words as it pops up on the screen. That is some stunning work.

I was wondering if the helmet was a little rough and waiting for more sculpting but then with paint on it looks great.

That is going to be one stunning beast.

Loving the details on the knight, the back plate looks amazing. Cant wait to see it finished!

Every time I start feeling cocky about how my skills are progressing, I remember to come check this read and be reminded that I'm just a :cussing rube. xD

You are so talented, dude, seriously. *How* did you do that banner?

I really have been gone too long I'm glad to see you're still setting the bar for awesomeness around here. The knight looks amazing I can't wait to see it completed you've given me several ideas for my terribly neglected knight I've still yet to finish Keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see more

Coming from a long time carcharodon player and fan, these are amazing! Love the tattoos you have done. Just saw your tutorial video... omg you have creativity and mad skills! No way i could do that with a brush; I'm not sure I could do that even if I used a marker (reason I have to stick with the forgeworld decals, lucky I bought some sheets when they sold them years ago).

What colors are you using for your armor? Gw paints?

Keep up the amazing work. Can we get another army shot of all your void brethren?

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and kind words ! And thanks again to take the time to leave message here it's really motivating :D

For the grey armour I have used different ways but lately I use an army painter standard grey spray on a black base. Then I used games workshop paint to do the highlight and shades.

For the other army shot it will comming soon ;) I've almost finished to remake all the bases !

Here is a little progress on the banner :

230495DSC03783.jpg

255045DSC03781.jpg

487208DSC03782.jpg

825375DSC03786.jpg

254948DSC03787.jpg

866446DSC03804.jpg

I'm still asking myself what colour I should paint this banner .. I was thinking of a bones white but we'll no longer see the bones trinkets, Or a simple black ..Even let it grey..   What do you think ? I Would love and need some advices brothers :)

Thanks ;) !

Malchy

@LordVelype :

For the 7th edition I had nothing to explain it.. but  withe the 8th edition new lore I like to think that some of the first attempt to change classical space marines in Primaris don't go so well  with the mysterious carcharodons geneseed, ending in those difformitys.

The need of warrior in the nomade predation fleet could explain why turning those afflicted warrior in a shock assault unit were a better outcome than just killing them or let them die in shame.  Helped by the centurion suit those warrior flow could be overhlemed and turn in a asset of the company :smile.:

I´m ok with that explanation. :happy.:

I'm gonna need a bigger boat ... to transport my dropped jaw.

Culln (staring at a Megalodon in an aquarium aboard the Nicor): "If that is the kind of beast you intend to hunt once we make planetfall, you are going to need a bigger boat."

Tyberos (carrying an Astral Claws prisoner to the tank): "She is the boat."

Culln (as Tyberos throws the traitor into the tank, to feed the Megalodon): "What?"

Tyberos (waves to the Megalodon, who wags her tail like a giant puppy): "Worry not. Meg will bring us to the traitors' underwater base, as she has done so for the Carcharodons on a dozen other aquatic worlds, without fail."

Archived