Iron Within, Iron Without, Iron Shake it all About

Xanthier

Once again it's been a while! I managed to actually schedule a game in my local GW the other day, my first game of 8th. After throwing together a list, I quickly painted up 5 dreadnought arms, quickly converted a sorceror and got him finished too. I went full metal, and took this following army -

TwWGZck.jpg

I was silly outnumbered - she had a Farseer, 3 warlocks, Solitaire, Shadowseer, 10 harlequins, 2 units of 10 Guardians with weapons platform, 5 Rangers, 5 Warp Spiders, 2 units of 3 Dark Reapers, 2 units of 5 Warp Spiders, 5 Striking Scorpions and a Wraithlord.

For my first game, I won 15-3! I sadly lost my warlord Sorceror, but took the Eldar down to just the Solitaire and 5 Rangers remaining, so we both ended up with 6 models left. I was pretty chuffed with that result overall!

We agreed next time I'd use more infantry, as her Eldar army was more geared to fighting those, so the Beserkering has begun as I've started converting all the Primaris marines I have into some nicely chunky beserkers. I've managed to finish 3 so far -

Lc9Virp.jpg

Just another 17 to go!

Fantastic thread with fantastic work. :tu:

The Dreadnought brazier hands are on the crazy side of good and I love the overall gritiness this force has. Also, congrats on your victory! :tu:

Cheers guys! Been a couple of days, but I've made more progress. Another 7 beserkers done.

iSuMGAb.jpg

n8QmQZB.jpg

MN12WFv.jpg

There's another 4 built and basecoated, which leaves just 6 more to make for the full unit of 20. I'll be using some Blood Warrior gorefists on the last few for some variety and to make them slightly more obviously Khornate.

I also have the beginnings of a Primaris base for a Dark Apostle to go with them, just need to source a mace, head and shoulder pads really, which I have around somewhere...

Cheers guys. Spent the last couple of days putting together a Spiderfiend as inspired by http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333665-garden-of-nurgle-garden-of-rust/

Also managed to get the little guy painted -

nkNgLyk.jpg

Now I just need to get him a 100mm base, and acquire Dunecrawler legs to make the next two.... Don't suppose anyone has spare Dunecrawler legs?

No love for the Spiderfiend eh?

Had another game the other day, and put together and painted this guy the night before - his arm is from one of the previous sergeants though I brought the highlights up some more. Ran him as a jump pack lord, power axe with combi-plasma.

Lord2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys! Using Primaris bodies is significantly cheaper than the old artscale method, they match in size and I quite like how the Primaris look so it's unlikely I'll be hunting for more Cataphractii or Tartaros legs.

Been a slight while again but I got another project done, this time a character of a sort -

S2OA1df.jpg

I'm not too sure what to use him as, but he was certainly fun and it was nice to finally use that Iron Warriors Contemptor head. I also picked up the easy kit for the Redemptor Dreadnought today, so that guy will be coming relatively soon too.

That is one of those models that makes you do a double take, do it three times, bring it around town, and understand you will never reach that level of pure Imperial Fist stomping, fortification wrecking, awe inspiring perfection.

Great googly-moogly, where has this thread been all my life?

Truly excellent mean Space Marines, Xanthier. Especially fond of the new Primaris stuff. You're killing it, here, and I hope you're proud.

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll likely use him as a Leviathan, since the Telemon, whilst large, definitely isn't as big as a Knight.

Managed to get a few more things finished -

Redemptor.jpg

apostle.jpg

libby.jpg

Converted and painted the Redemptor yesterday and the Dark Apostle and Sorceror were done today. Having a couple of days off and motivation to get some stuff finished feels pretty productive! The Redemptor is certainly a chunky fellow and fits in with the leviathans, but he has a bit of a gut on him. I wanted him to match the current aesthetic I have with my dreads, so used the spare Telemon head. It's a bit overly large but eh, he's chunky anyway.

The two new HQ's, combined with the jump pack Lord I've done, means the HQ's I'm most likely to use are all finished now which is pretty nice. I have 4 Inceptors from the starter set remaining and I'm not overly sure what to do with them at this point. Maybe Raptors/Vanguard to for with the axe wielder?

I still have 10 Hellblasters and 10 Primaris bodies to work with left. The 10 bodies will become some Noise Marines and I have 2 sets of sonic weapons ordered and the Hellblasters will likely be done as normal and used as Havoks most likely. I do need to get 5 or so more Primaris to turn into Chosen with combi-weapons, but that's not a huge priority.

Next up is a converted Blight Crawler as I like the kit a fair bit and naturally chopped it up and smoothed out most of the corrosion. These Iron Warriors keep their engines in good repair! With any luck I'll get that done tomorrow.

Really loving this thread - especially after having just re-read Storm of Iron!

Regarding the Primaris models - I haven't had a close up look of any of their sprues yet but are you shaving off the aquilla to do your Chaos Primaris Marines? Or just replacing them with chests from a different kit?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys! For the Primaris I'm shaving off the chest aquila yeah.

Spent the last few days getting another Lord done using the Gravis armour and making/finishing 9 of 10 Noise Marines all based on the Primaris DI bodies.

Hmx3itf.jpg

CWecseo.jpg

dpRDQop.jpg

XHV0Mgv.jpg

McsBdIR.jpg

Esg3nIg.jpg

I feel like I'm getting faster as painting the power weapons now, the sword thankfully only took around 10 minutes this time, using a bunch more glazes to help the colour transitions.

Just 1 Noise Marine left to make, then I'll start on some Plaguebearers I now have for a slight change of pace.

Archived