My Order of Our Martyred Lady

Drider

got my two assassins up to tabletop. I might do more work on them before the event i'm going to, but it depends how pressed for time i am with other projects. 

GU2LA8T.jpg?1

not that happy with the black highlights on this one, i might take it back to black and redo it at some point.

RAfv9x6.jpg?1

A bit more subtle on this guy and i think i like it little better.

nwC0Rit.jpg?2

SOON.

Less than a week to go before the event I'm going to. built a knight over the weekend, still a WIP but good enough for the 3 colour minimum for the event. Still planing on doing more with the knight, I want to have an aquila on the left shoulder, fleur de lis on the right shoulder, Order of our Martyred lady logo on the crest shield, the ministorum 'i' on the dangly banner and another fleur de lis on the left leg. I think you can work out what aiming for, trying to replicate the feel of a battle sister on a knight. 

I've named it as well... Azrael. ( Azrael (Biblical Hebrew: עזראל‎‎) is often identified with the Angel of Death of the Hebrew Bible ) figured it was kinda fitting for what's going to be a sisters knight.

So here's bunch of WIP photos of the knight going getting done and the primaris psyker i need, getting speed painted just for :cusss and giggles, took around about two and a half hours to get the psyker to this point.

kD4RbgG.jpg?1

SYD5ib1.jpg?1

72s6BNH.jpg?1

809BO5l.jpg?1

u6HXgld.jpg?1

xlrO8jr.jpg?1

PdQ6xvY.jpg?1

Edited by Drider

Basically ready for Saturday's event. Everything is WYSIWYG and painted up to at least table top 3 colour minimum + based. There's a few small things I could do but it's pretty much just tinkering at this point. Much like today, I went out and bought a large oven tray and glued magnets to the undersides of all the bases. So now I've got a tray to move my stuff table to table with a bit of added safety that things wont fall over... i'm looking at you Seraphim!

Without further ado, Here's a picture of my army and a copy of my list. 

May the Emperor be at my side and grant me his blessings!

U4WeEYs.jpg?1

+++ According to this... YOU'RE A HERETIC! [1999pts] +++

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Ministorum - Adepta Sororitas) [983pts] ++

+ HQ [200pts] +

Celestine [200pts]
. Celestine [150pts]: The Ardent Blade
. Geminae Superia [50pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Power sword

+ Fast Attack [507pts] +

Dominion Squad [120pts]
. Dominion Superior [10pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm bolter [2pts]
. Dominion w/ Special Weapon [10pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Meltagun [17pts]
. Dominion w/ Special Weapon [10pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Meltagun [17pts]

Dominion Squad [120pts]
. Dominion Superior [10pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm bolter [2pts]

Dominion Squad [120pts]

Seraphim Squad [147pts]
. 6x Seraphim [66pts]: 12x Bolt pistol, 6x Frag & Krak grenades
. Seraphim Superior [11pts]: Bolt pistol, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades
. Seraphim w/ Special Weapons [11pts]: 2x Inferno Pistols [24pts], Frag & Krak grenades
. Seraphim w/ Special Weapons [11pts]: 2x Inferno Pistols [24pts], Frag & Krak grenades

+ Dedicated Transport [276pts] +

Sororitas Repressor [71pts]: Dozer ram, Heavy flamer [17pts], Storm bolter [2pts], Storm bolter [2pts]

Sororitas Repressor [71pts]: Dozer ram, Heavy flamer [17pts], Storm bolter [2pts], Storm bolter [2pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium) [459pts] ++

+ HQ [125pts] +

Inquisitor Greyfax [85pts]: 3 - Dominate, Frag & Krak grenades, Master-Crafted Condemnor Boltgun, Master-

Crafted Power Sword, Psyk-Out Grenades, Smite

Primaris Psyker [40pts]: 2) Gaze of the Emperor, 6) Psychic Maelstrom, Force Stave [12pts], Laspistol
Regiment: Astra Millitarum/Imperium

+ Troops [169pts] +

Battle Sister Squad [55pts]
. 3x Battle Sister [27pts]: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon [9pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy bolter [10pts]
. Sister Superior [9pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades

Battle Sister Squad [57pts]
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon [9pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy bolter [10pts]
. Sister Superior [9pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm bolter [2pts]

Battle Sister Squad [57pts]
. Sister Superior [9pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm bolter [2pts]

+ Elites [165pts] +

Callidus Assassin [80pts]: Neural Shredder, Phase Sword, Poison Blades

Culexus Assassin [85pts]: Animus Speculum, Psyk-out Grenades

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Questor Mechanicus) [557pts] ++

+ Lord of War [557pts] +

Knight Crusader [320pts]: Avenger gatling cannon [95pts], Heavy flamer [17pts], Heavy stubber [4pts], Questor 

Mechanicus, Stormspear rocket pod [45pts], Thermal cannon [76pts], Titanic feet

---Edit---

New photo, I forgot to put the carapace weapon on the Knight.

Edited by Drider

Winterwar was great! Definitely got the bug to go to more tournaments. Especially if they're 1 day events, not sure if i could cope with a 2 day event.

Played 3 games and went 1 for 2 which was the result I had kinda expected for my first singles tournament. The event was scored by primary score difference and secondary objectives for tie breaks, it was supposed to be also points value killed as well but it seemed that a lot of people weren't able to cope with working that out.

First game Vs Necrons. 

Dawn of war

The mission was 6 objectives worth 1 point at the start of each turn.

Secondaries were worth 1 point each, slay the warlord, remove their support (the side that killed the most fast/elite/heavy), Survival( the side with the most units left).

I lost but it felt like a very close game the whole way through and i made a few silly mistakes which cost me a few points. I was so nervous at the start of the day i don't remember much about this game.

We timed out before we finished the game once we totaled it up the difference was 3 points giving the necrons 13 points with 0 secondaries and i scored 7 points with 2 secondaries.

MVP was the Knight Crusader who did was mowing down stuff all game with it's avenger gatling cannon and took a random potshot at the annihilation barge at the end of the game and just one shot it with the thermal cannon and stormspear.

I made a few mistakes which cost me some points, I forgot to cap a few objectives with open units and i know i missed at least 2 points. maybe even 3 points which would have tied the game and given me the win on secondaries.

Second game Vs Dark angels. 

Search and destroy (quarters with the 9" circle in the middle)

the mission was 4 objectives worth 3 points at the end of the game

secondaries were, marked for death (pick a unit after the setup and it's worth 1vp if killed), chain of command (kill the most characters), attrition(kill the most units)

This felt like my hardest game of the day, the guy was castled up behind a line of razor backs with a -1 to hit, 4++ and reroll 1s buff aura. oh my god that was a tough nut to crack, my knight and a unit of dominions took 2 wounds off of the -1 to hit aura land speeder thing and i had nothing else shooty in range to kill it. so changing plans i managed to pop open the razor back directly in front of the buff characters and managed to get the charge off with seraphim and celestine. Took longer than it really should have to kill off all the buff but i did eventually get them all. I Totally :censored: up and forgot to bring my assassins in on turn 1 to tie up some of the dev squads and i lost my knight on turn two at which point i thought the game was all but over. I managed to hold it together though and capped both the objectives in his deployment and one in my own at the end of the game.

Finished the game with a difference of 9 for a score of 19-1 to me. I swept the secondaries 3-0 as well. Honestly felt like my hardest game but the most one sided score.

MVP was the seraphim. This is the only game they have ever survived the whole game and those girls just carried so hard locking things in combat and going to town with inferno pistols.

I think his mistake was deploying on the line. if he'd deployed back a bit so that it took me longer to get in his face, or at least fail the turn 1 charge I think he'd have gubbed me.

He was a good guy though and the banter was decent so thumbs up. The only guy i played who i didn't already kinda know.

Third game Vs chaos things.

The Mission was standard maelstrom out the book. 6 objectives. 3 cards. 

Secondaries, slay the warlord, line breaker, first blood

At this point of the day my brain has turned off and i've turned into some sort of 40k savant. I this isn't a game any more, this is a dance of dice rolls and tapes measures. I'm not playing the game. I am the game! and my army is an extension of will!

Lots of oblits deployed in deepstrike as the first deployments, so after putting my assassins into deepstrike i my knight 9" from my corner and zoned out my deployment with my troops and the rest of my list. I got first turn and after vanguard, AoF and movement i'd managed to zone out almost half the table from DS apart from a small patch in my back corner behind two troops which were zoning out charge range on my knight. At the end of my first turn of shooting and assaults i had given my opponent a very bloody nose. 

A unit of oblits and a chaos psyker thin with wings come down in my back corner and the other oblits come down in other tactical places. My Culexus debuff zone shut down the other 2 psykers so well that he didn't get any powers off with them and i didn't need to roll any deny the witch rolls with greyfax. 

Turn 2 the knight turns around and unloads on the the stuff in my back corner then charges in to dance on them with happy feet. sadly it doesn't manage to clear it up in 1 turn due to buffs but is enough to make the demon thingy move out of position and take a thermal cannon to the back of the head in the next turn and do a happy dance on the now unbuffed oblits. meanwhile the rest of my army is pushing up the past the half way point on the table and i control almost a 4'x4' swathe of the board. 

We had both had the worst card draw in the history of maelstrom games. I scored 1 card on turn one and that was it. My turn 2 draw was awful, i was stuck with a defend card that i'd been shot off of on turn 1, defend another objective that he was camping and a card control all the objectives. His draw wasn't much better kill things that were becoming unkillable, my psykers who were standing behind the culexus (with his you can only hit me on 6s and i have a 4++ invul) who was standing behind a repressor full of dominions, who were all sitting in the middle of the table blocking his card to have no ememy units in the middle of the table. He did draw a card to kill something with <FLY> and swatted my seraphim and picked up a card from a unit failing moral( i rolled a 6 and one died...:ermm: ). 

The final score for cards were 3-1 to him giving us a difference of 2 and a score of 12-8 to him and secondaries were 3-1 to me, couldn't stop him getting line breaker. Honestly this game felt very one sided in my favor but i just didn't have the card draw to get my score going.

MVP was the culexus assassin, -2 to harness the warp effectively shut down his psykic phase and made those unbuffed beasties easy killing.

Not a huge amount i could have done differently in this game due to the worst card draw in the history of card draw. 

Over all I made a few mistakes and I cost myself a few points in game 1 and 3. Forgetting to bring in my assassins on turn 1 in game 2 to lock down some of the shooting definitely cost me my knight but I managed to scrape through for a solid win.

Every game I killed more points worth of stuff than I lost. but got pipped to the post by a narrow margin.

My list feels solid and I think it's going to be my go to for competitive games. I don't think i'm going to change anything, but I do have 1 point left over so i might just have to convert the one sister superior i have listed with no upgrades to have a condemnor bolt gun just for a nice round 2000 points.

MVP of the day was the Callidus assassin. That lady, although not having a huge impact per game, burnt so many command points over the course of the day. 100% worth! Much Value!

My final position in the tournament was 13th out of 42, which puts me... above average? :biggrin.:

Side notes.

My opponent in my first game came 4th.... and has also just started playing at the club that i go to for 40k. But it wasn't to bad because it was our first game against each other.

My opponent in my 3rd game finished 8th.... and used to have a hand in running the club i go to for 40k before he moved out of town. Although it is the first time we've actually gotten to play one another.

The guy who won the tournament, I got a lift through to the event with... and plays at the same club... We'd actually been drawn together in the first round but have literally played each other twice in few weeks running up to the even and refined our lists against each other. The TO's were ok with swaping the draw so that we didn't have to play as we both didn't fancy a grudge match and kinda wanted to meet and play new people... and i ended up playing 2 people that i know...

And another guy who came 17th.... plays at the same club...

So over all it was a kind of a good result for our club players.

Edited by Drider

Good to hear, not a bad showing. Do you think your BSS were a hindrance or did they help? Do you find the extra CP's useful, necessary? I am struggling with the idea of taking a battalion detachment for the CP's rather than the other detachments that come cheaper and free up more FA slots.

I feel your pain about playing folks you know. We travel pretty far from home to get into tournaments, and always end up playing mostly against people we came with. Its nice at least the TO let you switch your 1st round opponent.

Love the Repressors and the Knight.

Edited by dracpanzer

The BSS were useful. i mean really they were only there for 3 reasons.

1) camp objectives and poke with the heavy bolter so as to still be a little relevant. A couple of 55 point units you can just throw on an objective and not really care while everything else is doing the heavy lifting is great. They scored points that i'd otherwise have missed if i'd brought a more aggressive unit that wants to be moving up the table. don't get me wrong there's other options that do the same that could be cheaper. conscripts for example. They scored my points in game 1 and 2 i'd other wise not have gotten had i tried to bring more dominions or something more classically powerful.

2) Zone out my deployment. not that it mattered on game one or two but on game 3 they really closed off the back field and protected my knight from getting bummed by 3 squads of oblits coming behind me in my deployment. Their value would only increase vs a more deapstrike centric list. That and the fact the culexus can't be both infront of and behind greyfax the primaris psyker at the same time. :P

3) this i kind of an unintentional bonus but... extra drops, it's nice to be able to put the 2 assassins into deepstrike and the 3 non relevant troops to see how the other guy is deploying before i have to consider where to put down my relevant units. it's very much a trade off. less drops means +1 to the roll off, more drops means you can counter deploy more effectively.

As for the CPs, it's true we really don't have an overwhelming need for them from a sisters perspective. 1 for AoF, 1 for celestine's respawn. The 7 i get from battle forged, battalion and outrider is more than enough for a game with our current strats... or lack there of. But you can be a lot more liberal with them. i've found some worth while places to spend them. seraphim been crumped down to just the melta guns? 2 CPs for the auto moral. The Knight's thermal cannon rolled a 1 or a 2 for shots? 1cp reroll (it's got a hell of a lot more value than rerolling exorcist shots.). one of the psykers periled? 1 cp reroll. Someone actually taking the bait to shoot the knight? good! 1cp rotate ion shields, turn that 5++ into a 4++ and soak that fire(always take a knight questor mechanicus for that strat, at least until knights get a codex). even with all that said, all 3 games today i've had CPs left at the end of the game, i'm quite liberal with them until i get down to 2, then i purposely horde 1 for AoF and 1 for Big C's respawn.

Part of the reason my list took shape the way it did was the tournament format.

0-1 brigade/ battalion
0-1 super heavy/airwing/supwerheavy aux/patrol

0-1 vanguard/spearhead/outrider/aux support/fortification

The other part was i knew i wanted celestine, seraphim, dominions and repressors for my 'classical sisters play style'. A knight to fill the longer range fire power hole we have. A callidus to try to reign in codex power on turn one, most of codex units are the same as index units, but the power comes from things like chapter tactics and strategems, and if i can burn a few exrta of someone's CPs on turn one they're probably going to be less liberal and horde a few for similar reasons i want to horde my last few CPs. And to top it all off i knew i wanted some form of anti psyker. We've just not got a counter to it, so i wanted the culexus and initially i was going to bring 2 primaris psykers just for some deny rolls, smite and cheap HQ choices. doing it this way would have freed up a few points but i opted to go a little heavier on the anti psyker, just in case. So i brought greyfax partly because i had recently just painted her on a whim, partly because she can deny twice and if needs be she can target a psyker with her condemnor weapon, bypassing the character rule and doing 3 damage to a psyker. which might just be enough to put it down quickly. As it happened i didn't encounter a psyker heavy list like i was expecting, but just having the characters firing if some smites every turn is amazing. it broke a couple of things out of combat before the shooting phase without having to fall back, and it just pasted some random stuff that would be annoying if not dealt with but also not high enough on the priority to actually deal with. not to mention smiting some big bad deamon dudes. I SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE!

With all that on the wish list there wasn't actually tat many options left that would actually fit for both points and the format, the BSS with a heavy bolter just seemed to fit the best.

• 2 weeks later...

WIP almost done.

RX5DDdc.jpg?1

Been thinking recently about doing either a written hobby blog or doing some youtube stuff like a hobby vlog and/or sisters tactica type stuff, maybe even try my hand at doing some batreps. Just kinda curious what you guys would think of this.  Something i should do? waste of time?  it would more than likely turn out ambitious but rubbish (sums up most of my games of 40k :P ).

I'm not 100% sure yet but this is partially because i want something different to paint and have been getting that tau christmas box. if i did they'd be getting painted pink mostly to try to annoy tau players but painting pink tau isn't something that would really fit in a sisters hobby thread.  

WIP almost done.

RX5DDdc.jpg?1

Been thinking recently about doing either a written hobby blog or doing some youtube stuff like a hobby vlog and/or sisters tactica type stuff, maybe even try my hand at doing some batreps. Just kinda curious what you guys would think of this.  Something i should do? waste of time?  it would more than likely turn out ambitious but rubbish (sums up most of my games of 40k :P ).

I'm not 100% sure yet but this is partially because i want something different to paint and have been getting that tau christmas box. if i did they'd be getting painted pink mostly to try to annoy tau players but painting pink tau isn't something that would really fit in a sisters hobby thread.

Nice work on the Repentia, I could never figure out a way to paint the Mistress model as is. So I converted mine by swapping the whips on to Canoness models. I read just about eveything I can find for Sisters on the internet. Though I can never find the time to put something together myself besides forum posts. I would read it, though it might be better if they were killing the pink Tau.

I've really lost interest in doing this model. Finished her off with some quick highlights and trim and put her on a base. I might come back to her at some point, but the interest just isn't there at the moment.

vj35AOf.jpg?1

What I've still got sitting here unpainted:
1 Hospitaller
2 Imagifiers

1 Priest

1 Sister with boter
1 Heavy bolter
6 Flamers

I'm not entirely sure what i want to do next.

Cheers. I could have done a bit more work on the highlights but I just wasn't feeling the model at all and she'd been sitting on my desk since i finished the repentia.

Bashed out a quick one this evening. Picked up a priest, got him cleaned up, primed and airbrushed. I accidentally did an amazing job on his face with the airbrush that i almost didn't want to paint it, but i got past that and pushed on. The only thing I need to do is get him on a base then I can scratch 1 priest off the list. On the whole though, not bad for an evening's work and it feels good knocking out a quick easy model for a change after the repentia and mistress who felt like they took forever! 

wbl1FtC.jpg?1

b60lZMX.jpg?1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow! It's been a long time since i last posted any hobby updates. 

My Sisters have been on unpacked and put on display for the past few weeks. Just ignore the pink Tau down at the bottom.

zhlX6KE.jpg?3

Got Forgebane getting delivered so i plan on messing around with that over the Easter weekend.

But in the mean time here's a few things I've been messing around with that aren't 40k related but a few of you may find it interesting. 

3d printed Batman bust, AKA playing with the airbrush.
https://i.imgur.com/6jxsNNT.jpg?2

3d Printed Ironman Bust, more playing.
https://i.imgur.com/jnLnWUp.jpg?2

Starscape. even more playing. first ever crack at doing some 2d painting with the airbrush and working out how to do it.

https://i.imgur.com/yD4U6Om.jpg?2

Another starscape. This one was wasn't by me but looks really cool! It was done by a teenager with minimal help, her first time ever seeing an airbrush let alone using one.
https://i.imgur.com/yFALplm.jpg

There be Dragons. Getting this little guy printed and prepped for painting.
https://i.imgur.com/XhDJ4oB.jpg?2