General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I was just thinking about the project, and something struck me; where do we stand with our add-ons for all Legions?

Specifically the additional vehicles, the ones I could think of were.

Saber Hunter (various load outs).

Grav Rhinos.

a Baal type Predator.

Predator/Russ hybrid fast MBT.

Heavy Assault Bikes.

Did we want to add these into the first book? If so I have a super slow day today and I could probably get their profiles/rules all done as other than the bike and new tank pattern it'll be really straight forward.

Heavy bikes got an entry in the Predator thread and I believe (could be wrong though) that they were exclusive for them as well as the Predators make a distinctive use of bikes and the likes rather than jetbikes.

Yucahu always wears his helm in battle. Guilliman managed a few hours, but primarchs can't breath in space. His PA helm is similar to a beakie one, though his TDA version doesn't have one, instead having an armored dome like the Scions termies.

Kozja is too proud to wear his as anything more than a glorified crown.

Nomus, being a practical chap, wears his helmet at all times in battle like any reasonable soldier would. As for it's design, I'm actually imagining it as an physical incarnation of the Legion's symbol, Sigma design etched on the left side and all. Edited by SanguiniusReborn

I could design a top half for Raktra's mask that does the job.

So basically something like the chap in the Sons of Horus command kit?

soh-commandbw61382115050526166eab3a33.jp

Jade has a helm that's pretty clean in design, continuing the wide "T visor" theme I've got for the Warriors. Still debating whether it has a feather plume or not. Anyways, I'd say he wears it maybe 50% of the time. 

Something I've only just noticed on the timeline on the wiki - there's 169 years between the discovery of Icarion and the Jade General. Is that right? It seems like one hell of a stretch of time to me.

I know we weren't doing Testimonies for the lost primarchs but I was writing out excerpts from Tales of the Crimson Lions to be used at some later date and started one for Hec but it went off in a direction which fit Russ better than it fit Hec

From the stars he came

To the kingdom staked his claim

Within his realm existed a peace

Between both the warrior

And the beast

-The testimony of Leman Russ

Well, there have been 182 years from Horus discovery and Alpharius takes as the last primarch the command over his legion

M30 797 - Emperor launches Great Crusade

M30 799 - Horus is discovered a couple of years into the Great Crusade and is mentored for 3 decades before the next Primarch is discovered.

M30 829 - Leman Russ is discovered 3 decades after Horus.

Between M30 829 and 834 the following Primarchs are discovered:

Missing Primarch A (est 830)

Ferrus Manus (est 831)

Fulgrim is discovered. (160 years before Horus Heresy age of his flagship - would make 845 but order suggests est 832).

Vulkan (est 833)

Rogal Dorn (est 833)

M30 834 - Roboute Guilliman takes control of Ultramarines - Tempest

Between M30 834 and M30 854 the following Primarchs are found:

Magnus the Red (est 839)

Sanguinius (est 844)

Lion El'Jonson (est 849)

M30 854 - Perturabo discovered.

Between M30 854 and 857 Mortarion is discovered (est 856)

M30 857 - Lorgar takes control of Word Bearers - Tempest.

M30 884 - Jaghati Khan discovered. 120 years before Horus Heresy.

Between 884 and 934 - Konrad Curze (est 904) discovered.

M30 934 - Angron in charge of World Eaters for 70 years at time of Betrayer so M30 934. Although he may have been discovered before this but not trusted.

M30 952 - Approx date of Corax discovery (Extermination States he was in command for nearly 50 years at compliance of Indra Sul. Which was around 5 years before Heresy.

M30 963- Monarchia falls and Lorgar goes on Pilgrimage.

M30 964 - Gal Vorbak return from the Eye of Terra and rejoin the great crusade circa 965 as were a year out (40 years before Isstvan). At time of istvaan 3 there was only 47 red WBs inc Argel Tal.

M30 965 - Vlka Fenryka undertake either a Sanction / expunged conflict.

Circa M30 966-967 - Lorgar returns (he was told by Ingathel that over the next 5 decades he would need to recruit another thousand Legionnaires a year, and if one falls to replace with 2 - this means he wasn't in there for a long period of time so he could enact his plan.

Between M30 952 and 981 - Approx date of Primarch B's (est 967) discovery.

M30 969 - Vlka Fenryka undertake either a Sanction / expunged conflict.

M30 972 - The Farinatus Extermination - Night Lords and Raven Guard.

M30 981 - Alpharius takes command of the XXth Legion.

M30 984 - Destruction of Nostramo by the Night Lords.

M30 994 - Isstvan System brought to compliance.

M31 000 - Triumph at Ullanor. Emperor's Children, White Scars, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, World Eaters, Luna Wolves, Ultramarines, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion. Forces - info required. Which Primarchs were fielded during the Campaign?

M31 000 - Chondax Campaign. White Scars.

M31 001 - Council of Nikea.

M31 002 - Kayvas Belt Expedition. Alpha Legion and Blood Angels.

M31 003 - Contact lost with Isstvan system.

M31 003 - Luna Wolves renamed Sons of Horus.

M31 004 - Horus is injured on Davin.

M31 004 - the Destruction of Olympia. Iron Warriors.

M31 004 - The Vlka Fenryka Attack Prospero. Vlka Fenryka, Thousand Sons.

M31 005 - Blood Angels go missing enroute to Signus.

M31 005 - The Dark Angels are dispatched to the Eastern Fringe.

M31 005 - Isstvan III. Sons of Horus, Death Guard, World Eaters and Emperor's Children.

M31 005 - The Ultramarines begin to Muster on Calth.

M31 005 - The Martian Civil War begins.

M31 006 - All data redacted. Have no idea what this can be.

M31 006 - The Dropsite Massacre. Sons of Horus, Death Guard, World Eaters and Emperor's Children, Raven Guard, Iron Hands, Salamanders, Iron Warriors, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion and Night Lords

Some of the excerpts from songs and tales of the Crimson Lions that I wrote today and are applicable specifically to the Insurrection

Exiled he was

Home he came

Bloodied his blade

To gain eternal fame

-Excerpt from the Tale of Turrus "Finehair"

With fire he fought

Among stars he walked

On Kanossia he fell,

Prey of the Eagle's Wrath

-Tale of Galchobar "Firebreath"

On Terra he was born

Across the stars he rode

Blood he spilled

And fame he found

His sword was ice

His roar was thunder

To Lightning he fell

Roar on his lips

Thunder his knell

Axe in his fist

-Excerpt from the Tale of Erik "the Slayer".

On the ground I lie

My name fading to legend

On the wind I ride

To be reborn as legend

Now the stars I ride

My tale my shield

My anger my axe

Warrior I was

Legend I am

Dying a man

Reborn a god

-Song of the Crimson Lion

On Skeythan was Nuallan lost

Not the first

Nor yet the last

For the Burdened are we

-Excerpt from the Tale of Nuallan "Pale-main".

Ravens circled

And wolves prowled

The sky burned

And stars fell

Howling came Raktra's brood

Up the slopes of doom

The Ruirech roared

And all was still

The blackbirds cried

Ready to eat their fill

The wolves howled

Closing in for the kill

Blood spilled

And axes clashed

The earth cracked

And Terra crumbled

-Excerpt from the Siege of Terra as told by Eibhar "God's-eye".

Edited by Sigismund229

I might chase it with an Image Search and see if I can find the original. Then we can name it after that and at least acknowledge where the look came from.

Say, can anyone tell me the name of Icarion's flagship?

Edited by bluntblade

I wonder if we could adopt this as a pattern of Stormtalon (being less daft than the Mars-pattern potato). Which Forge World serves the Void Eagles?

Anvilus (generalist), Vernes 8 (shipyard, aircraftyard), Caelenia (shipyard, taken by the Suzerainty after an internal schism and a battle between the VE and WoP)

Greetings everyone.

My name is Karras (or Peter, how do you see fit.) I am a fluff addict and a fan of creating something unusual. I suppose, that is the reason why I got here. And the question is - do you have any place for another "creator" with some ideas about the Mechanicum in your project? 

Personally, I wish to create a Forge-world that somehow could be the reverse of Xana II. Not that I like to compare them, but anyway. The Synod of the planet does not share the common beliefs of Mechanicus, the thing that Mars and most of others The cult of Builder, the one that is considered quite unusual comparing even with the cult of Machine God. Unusual tennets, view on enviroment and people outside their religion. The Forge is powerful due to it's independence from Mars (given by Emperor), but it causes a lot of pacts seales with Astartes and rest of armies. And during the start of civil war, many sides of the conflict wish to make an ally from this world. Through diplomats, cunning and lies, all sides try to make a deal that shall force the Synod to grant support. Because of far position from Terra, the forge-world is unsure of their loyalty. And though the Archmagos is grateful and respectful towards Terra, he fears for the price his loyalty might cost to him. 

Also, I got the idea of a story of a knight house, alligned with the Forge, but most of the House was shattered and a civil war between scions begins all across the sector. The few loyal knights still protect the Forge from any assault, while others try to bring it to compliance of the side they are on. 

So, to be short - I'd like to join this group in developing the project, adding my personal ideas and help others with theirs, be it Astartes or Mechanicus. If anyone got questions - I'll be glad to awnser.