Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

I let myself be inspired by this army as well ok? it works nicely along WD 291 for inspiration.

Ah yes, John Thompson's army. That's one of my original inspirations too. I still have my original copy of WD 291. I actually revisited it recently when I made the Chaos Marines I started this plog with, I used his idea of gems bursting through the armour on them.

Also, it's funny you should mention that particular issue of White Dwarf because there happens to be another amazing Slaaneshi Chaos Marines army in it. The Castigators! Oddly enough, someone with the username Castigator, and a remarkably similar army to the Castigators can be found just a few posts up! I wonder...

For my revamp i let myself be inspired by that Slaanesh armie of Gary, iam sculpting faces on my vehicles.

Edited by Spacefrisian

I let myself be inspired by this army as well ok? it works nicely along WD 291 for inspiration.

Ah yes, John Thompson's army. That's one of my original inspirations too. I still have my original copy of WD 291. I actually revisited it recently when I made the Chaos Marines I started this plog with, I used his idea of gems bursting through the armour on them.

Also, it's funny you should mention that particular issue of White Dwarf because there happens to be another amazing Slaaneshi Chaos Marines army in it. The Castigators! Oddly enough, someone with the username Castigator, and a remarkably similar army to the Castigators can be found just a few posts up! I wonder...

For my revamp i let myself be inspired by that Slaanesh armie of Gary, iam sculpting faces on my vehicles.

Thank you for the kind words and may Our Lady grant you her number :wink:

Thank you all for the kind words, it's really nice to see that people like my take on the Emperors Children. Your comments are much appreciated.

Here's the idea I've got for a Decimator Daemon Engine. I'm not too keen on the official model. Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough, it just doesn't fit the aesthetics of my army. So far it's just blu-tacked together as I'm planning to do quite a lot of converting and detail work on it, so I'll be doing all the parts separately before building the whole model. As you can see from the photo, I've started work on the back armour, but it's still just the basics so I'll get some proper pic's of it once I've done a bit more.

http://i.imgur.com/pIqLRlU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oOvyQbV.jpg

Also I'm starting to run out of Warlock Purple, the main colour for my army. But, thanks to a few of my fellow club members, I'm stocked up once again.
http://i.imgur.com/8jcy3MG.jpg

Edited by SystemSyn

Looks off to a great start. The decimator is a weird one for myself. I like it but not that much to want to go and buy the mini...but now that you have one being made I might be tempted to "borrow" that STC.

I have a gaming question for all you B&C folk's.

I'm considering giving a Terminator Lord the Blissgiver artifact. It's Catatonic Trance special rule is pretty cool, and an AP 3 weapon is always handy. But what other weapon would work well with it? Should I give him a ranged weapon (combi-plasma perhaps), or try to make him a combat monster?

Geez...I was wondering what that sculpted face was for and then looked back over decimator. Ughh, I need new glasses.

I have to say that is suitably creepy.

Personally I have been thinking about giving my lord with Blissgiver a combi-flamer. Its not like I can give him another artifact but if I could spare the points dropping a flame template on the enemy before charging would be cool.

Geez...I was wondering what that sculpted face was for and then looked back over decimator. Ughh, I need new glasses.

I have to say that is suitably creepy.

Personally I have been thinking about giving my lord with Blissgiver a combi-flamer. Its not like I can give him another artifact but if I could spare the points dropping a flame template on the enemy before charging would be cool.

A combi-flamer you say? That is an intriguing option. Honestly I hadn’t considered a combi-flamer, though it does make sense. Like you said, using the flamer before charging is a good idea.

I've done some work on the Decimators thigh plates.

http://i.imgur.com/lZZszSC.jpg

The main detail is almost done, just a bit of tidying up left. The idea is a sort of inverse of each other. One is a Slaaneshi symbol with a Sonic Face in the main body of it, the other is a Sonic Face with a Slaaneshi symbol on it's forehead (its not too clear just now, but I'm hoping it'll look a bit clearer once it's painted). I've still got to Chaosify all the armour trims, but I'm quite happy with how their shaping up.

Edited by SystemSyn

New updates are looking really nice Syn's. 

Have you seen the date for the DWARF 40k event this year, August for Fire Storm & then 18th Novemeber for Winter War?  Need to try get a re-match.

Yup, I'll be there if I can. I'm up for a re-match, I do have to make up for the crushing defeat you handed me last time! I'll have a chat with the organisers of Firestorm if your going to be there?

Have you seen the date for the DWARF 40k event this year, August for Fire Storm & then 18th Novemeber for Winter War?  Need to try get a re-match.

Yup, I'll be there if I can. I'm up for a re-match, I do have to make up for the crushing defeat you handed me last time! I'll have a chat with the organisers of Firestorm if your going to be there?

I've got a grudge match against Liam if he going.  But if not then we'll sort something out other wise Winter War as well :D

Have you got much new models & units planned for your force with the release of Traitor Legion?  I'm looking forward to the new Terminator lord & also seen the Decimator Daemon Engine complete.

I've got a grudge match against Liam if he going.  But if not then we'll sort something out other wise Winter War as well :D

Have you got much new models & units planned for your force with the release of Traitor Legion?  I'm looking forward to the new Terminator lord & also seen the Decimator Daemon Engine complete.

Well I've found that my army is pretty weak against big vehicles, like Knights and Land Raiders. I don't have much to deal with their high armour values. So I'm thinking about adding a unit of Chosen kitted out for tank hunting, with 5 meltas and a champion with a combi-melta and powerfist. But that won't be for a while, I don't like having too many projects on the go at the same time, so I'll be getting the Chaos Marines and the Decimator done first.

Have you considered Heretch powers for your psykers? Even the primaris can help you out with this minor issue of vehicles.

Actually I hadn't really thought about that. Could be worth a shot, but I don't really use psychers too often. I've never found them to be worth their points cost unless an entire army is built around them, like Thousand Sons or Grey Knights.

Have you considered Heretch powers for your psykers? Even the primaris can help you out with this minor issue of vehicles.

Actually I hadn't really thought about that. Could be worth a shot, but I don't really use psychers too often. I've never found them to be worth their points cost unless an entire army is built around them, like Thousand Sons or Grey Knights.

Psyker are worth their points if they fulfill a specific role. Like buffing your beatstick or deathstar....or getting rid of things the rest of your army can't deal with like with your situation. Most people make the mistake and take psyker in their army and just hope for them to do something usefull which obviously end in disappointment pretty often.

Also psyker are highly valued among Emperor's Children since they can offer a form of sensation and stimuli that's otherwise not possible so I always try to include at least one psyker in my lists no matter how. :P

Great to see you posting on here mate, glad you got sorted out. I'll hopefully be at either Firestorm or Winter War again with my World Eaters this year so will hopefully get a rematch against you as well. Looking forward to the Decimator finished. :tu: Edited by Biohazard

Great to see you posting on here mate, glad you got sorted out. I'll hopefully be at either Firestorm or Winter War again with my World Eaters this year so will hopefully get a rematch against you as well. Looking forward to the Decimator finished. :tu:

Thanks Biohazard, it took me a fair while to figure out how to post images on here but I got there eventually. I look forward to taking on your World Eaters again, I had a blast against them last time. Next time should be even better with the legion rules. How are you finding your legion rules/equipment?

Loving the new Legion rules, Ive used them a few times now. Only people I really struggled against was Death Guard, I basically just charged into a brick wall that then hit back. I was tied in combat for ages.

Your guys with the higher initiative shouldn't have too much trouble against them though. :tu: Especially with your Feel No Pain,

About your Decimator? What is the base model? I recognise the Talos and Defiler bits but I'm lost with the legs and torso?

The legs...Ironstrider?

It's a fantastic idea and I look forward to updates :tu:

Thanks, I've done some more putty work on the Decimator but nothing worth showing yet.

Loving the new Legion rules, Ive used them a few times now. Only people I really struggled against was Death Guard, I basically just charged into a brick wall that then hit back. I was tied in combat for ages.

Your guys with the higher initiative shouldn't have too much trouble against them though. :tu: Especially with your Feel No Pain,

About your Decimator? What is the base model? I recognise the Talos and Defiler bits but I'm lost with the legs and torso?

So far I've only managed to get one game since the Legion rules came out. All the Feel No Pain is really helpful, my units last a lot longer. Especially with the Banner of Excess, it gives me a 50/50 chance of shrugging off most damage.

Kierdale got it spot on, the legs are from the Skitarii Walker. The torso is a Dark Elder Talos. I just wanted to cover up the fleshy torso, so I sculpted the sonic face over the front of it.

Work on the Chaos Marines and Decimator is going pretty slowly right now. Mostly due to work, but I'm also painting an entire Tyranid army for a friend. Hopefully I'll have some progress worth showing sometime over the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it's been more than a few days since my last post. I've been busy painting Tyranids (a Hive Tyrant, 2 Venomthropes, a Gargoyle brood and a Red Terror since my last post) so I've not had a lot of time for the Children. But I've started painting the Chaos Marines.

http://i.imgur.com/XUd4ooP.jpg

This photo was taken a few days ago, so they're a bit further along now. Hopefully they won't take too much longer.

I've also done some deteil work on the Decimator. I added trims to the armour on its back to make it look more Chaosy and less Dark Eldary. As you can see, it still needs tidied up and smoothed out a bit. And I can't decide if I should add studs, or just leave it smooth. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions,they'd be much appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/KDw3u8t.jpg

I'm hoping to have the Marines finished off and the Decimator at least built, if not painted, by the end of the month so I can start work on a shiney new project in March.

Edited by SystemSyn